The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

At the Anaheim House of Blues for Sevendust.

I’m next to the soundboard and one of the guys of the FOH is sporting an AB Walk the Sky hoodie. It’s the little things.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:59 pm At the Anaheim House of Blues for Sevendust.

I’m next to the soundboard and one of the guys of the FOH is sporting an AB Walk the Sky hoodie. It’s the little things.
A couple of people at Louder Than Life had Alter Bridge clothes. Mostly Blackbird, but I also saw some Walk The Sky and one The Last Hero.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Step 3 is an Underpants Gnomes sort of thing

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:20 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:59 am Bring donuts, let everyone know you brought donuts at the start of whatever you're doing, then never mention them ever again.
Then there would have been too many donuts. Somebody else brought donuts already, and, like, five people brought cookies.
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:15 am Step 1) Google solutions for "what to do when people stop talking to you"; there's plenty of articles and opinions out there on the internet for how to handle it.
Step 2) If step 1 doesn't work then get new friends who wont do that to you and try to prevent this situation from happening again.
Step 3) Profit?
Step 1) Googled already. I didn't know where to start doing those things that people suggested.

Step 2) These people aren't exactly my friends and weren't from the start. I was just trying to feel more like a part of the group that I was assigned to be in.

Step 3) What?
gbruin wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:30 am Step 1.9) Do not do things to try to make other people act/react in a certain way. Do things that present yourself in the best light and the way you want to be seen now and remembered later. How others react to you is then a reflection on them.
Great minds think alike. This is what I decided to do in the end.

Friday night was nothing special. Saturday was better. One of the cast members organized an after party and invited everybody that was involved in the musical. Cast, crew, and live pit. Only four people from pit showed up, and since the two Sophias are basically inseparable from each other, I spent most of the time hanging out with the piano player Wolfgang. It was fun. There was karaoke and I sang If It Means A Lot To You by A Day To Remember (which, as you may have noticed, is quoted in my signature). Everybody was singing by the end.

Every student involved in the musical was allowed a chance to give a speech where they could talk about their experience in the musical and thank anybody they wanted to. We went by grades each day: freshmen on Thursday, sophomores on Friday, juniors on Saturday, and seniors on Sunday. We all knew Sunday was going to be emotional because we're seniors and it's our last day of our last musical, so all of us spent some time rehearsing our speeches. I don't think anybody made it through their whole speech without crying. The girl that played Belle (we were doing Beauty And The Beast) could barely say three words per ten seconds because she was crying so hard. Anyway, like everybody else, I rehearsed my speech, so fortunately, I can write close to exactly what I said.

"Hi, my name is Max Zubic. I'm the bassist in the live pit, and I was in the cast last year, so it's great to see both sides of a musical (both vocal and instrumental). I came into this feeling out of place and like I was trying to break into a tight-knit friend group, but as time went on, I felt more welcome here."

(I hope you don't mind names being dropped. I said a lot of names in my speech and I don't know whether it's an invasion of privacy or not.)

"So I feel like I should shout out everybody in the live pit. Madeline, Elizabeth, Jakob, Sophia, other Sophia...and my three favorites."

"Mekenna, you rock! It's so fun to talk with you about guitar and drums and math and...birthday collections!"

(Mekenna and I both collect birthdays, and we compared our lists on Friday. She has about 60, but I have close to 300!)

"Wolfgang, you are hands down the best musician I have met at Hononegah!" (Cheers from everybody.) "And you made me feel welcome even when I was otherwise feeling left out."

"Addison...I know our relationship isn't really good right now, but I'm so grateful that you walked into my life. You're an amazing clarinet player" (cheers from everybody) "and I'm so glad I got to know you very well over the last 2 1/2 years. I'll miss you so much, I'm gonna cry buckets at graduation!"

(This is when I started crying.)

"And this wouldn't be complete without Mr. and Mrs. Frieden, Mr. Kramper, Mrs. Dibble, any of you...Oh, and the cast and crew! I don't have time to thank everybody right now, but I'll try to get to as many of you individually as I can! I just don't want to take up too much time. Thank you for making this another wonderful experience for me!"

If I was selfish, I would say that I felt amazing and I don't care how anybody else felt.

But I'm not selfish. I wonder how everybody else felt about what I said. Specifically the ones I called out, and especially the ones I said longer things about. I hope that what I said was nice enough that everybody took it gently and was happy.

I did get hugs from four people: two male cast members, Wolfgang, and Mekenna.

By the way, Addison cried really hard during her speech, and after, she hugged Madeline and Wolfgang like she was holding on to them for dear life. It was both sad and beautiful at the same time. I wanted to hug her so bad then, but I know she wouldn't have let me. I love her so much, just as much as her other friends do.
That sounded really nice, Max. Heartfelt but not overly heavy, inclusive, classy. I think you should feel really good about that. :)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Bonnnie McMurrrayyyy

Post by gbruin »

Letterkenny Live tonight. Pitter patter.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: That’s whats Is appreciates abouts Gregs

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:44 pm Letterkenny Live tonight. Pitter patter.
No way! Have fun! I was going to see them in NYC until the pandemic hit. Tell Katie I say hi :cloud9
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At LA Live at a restaurant called the Yardhouse, waiting for the lines to be set up for Daughtry and Tremonti at the Novo.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Instead of "Freebird" people will yell "Fly me to the moon!"

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:12 pm At LA Live at a restaurant called the Yardhouse, waiting for the lines to be set up for Daughtry and Tremonti at the Novo.
I kind of forgot Tremonti was on tour with his announcement today - that must be exciting for him and fans at the show!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

This thread brings back so many memories. The ABB days were so chaotic and fun. I miss it

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

Macca wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:16 pm AUSTIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheers

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

The Moon…

Post by MaraCarr »

I was visiting family this weekend and had a nice time … I left at around 3:30 AM to get home in plenty of time today! The moon was so Beautiful and a Huge Crescent this morning.

I started listening to “Devil Driver”… just my favorite tracks…then oddly… I wound up listening to the entire album for the first time! I have always had two songs that I love by them… “Clouds over California” and “Sail”! For some strange reason… I listened to that entire album from 2007 while driving home today… It is mesmerizing. I love it!

Some of the videos are a bit over the edge for me but I appreciate the passion and the harmony.

One particular new song on the album I love is Track 11: The Axe Shall Fall! ;) :)

https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-la ... /260168575

gbruin
MEGLADONG

And I'm not talking the Greco-Roman league in Turkey

Post by gbruin »

It amazes me how many people are seriously into pro wrestling.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: And I'm not talking the Greco-Roman league in Turkey

Post by Dolo »

gbruin wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:22 pm It amazes me how many people are seriously into pro wrestling.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I've been a huge pro wrestling fan for as long as I can remember (and I'm 42 now). My wife doesn't get it, but I have to keep reminding her - I'm not watching because the fake fighting is cool, I'm watching it for the storytelling. Some of it is hokey and bad.... REALLY bad.... but the good stuff is SO good. When you see a story that's played out over the course of several years, and someone's big moment finally comes to fruition, it's just chilling.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: THAT'S OUR JOB.

Post by zazthespaz »

Just blocked a spammer who tried creating 17 new threads in the span of 2 hours this morning all promoting "rare seeds" or something like that. :lol I hope it was a computer and not some loser sitting at his computer trying to make a new thread every 10 minutes :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: THAT'S OUR JOB.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I was wondering why my threads were disappearing so much. :shifty

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Introverts…

Post by MaraCarr »

Today my neighbor texted me and told me if I was interested he has access to the best pot and gummies on planet earth. Then he said… I also have a new Saw Zaw if you need to borrow it! He included that he is depressed all the time and is an introvert but really felt the need to reach out to me since we are neighbors!

I replied nicely! But … should I be worried?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Introverts with power cutting tools

Post by gbruin »

You should absolutely be worried. Politely decline the drugs but be kind because the Sawzall is a good tool and you might want to demo a wall to put in some tile someday.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Introverts with spelling complexes.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:30 pm Sawzall
Never knew how to spell this - was not expecting two L's, let alone 1.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Introverts with power cutting tools

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:30 pm You should absolutely be worried. Politely decline the drugs but be kind because the Sawzall is a good tool and you might want to demo a wall to put in some tile someday.
LOL! :) What is it exactly... this sawing tool? You have me curious now... demolition can be a fun project. (edit) I looked it up...

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxhCjshVRvU[/YouTube]

It looks similar to the saw I used to cut a cast off of a man's leg a few days ago at work...except the blade is round on the end. Great Tool!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

So, to celebrate the fact that Headroom Karma's album was not released today as I had hoped, here's the demos from the album that we got so far.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... wE-LX9roFc

Closest to an album we'll get until the summer. By the way, we finally found a new drummer!
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs