The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I got the email saying that the package for the Shinedown hockey jersey I ordered a few weeks ago is on its way. I wanted to wear it for the TSO concert last Saturday, but I guess ordering a jersey on Thanksgiving week was going to make it hard to get it on time.

I also got an email from Puck Hcky saying that they now have something for Halestorm as well. I mean if you want a jersey of Lzzy Hale's screaming face on the front of the crest, this is for you.

https://puckhcky.com/collections/halestorm

The only issue I have with the overall jerseys is that they always go with the black, red, and white color schemes for the bands with some exceptions. System of a Down went with Blue and Orange because their guitarist is a fan of the Oilers. Pantera had a green jersey because they did the goal song for the Dallas Stars and it wouldn't be right if they had a jersey that didn't have a nod to the Stars. Gojira had a nice black, white, and gold design.

Now if only AB can get into this. That would be an immediate purchase.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

And my jersey has now arrived. Pretty pleased with this.

First jersey I have ever bought and owned. Now I'm not going to end up like The Hockey Guy who owns like 600 jerseys, but I can see why he collects and wear jerseys on a regular basis. I would like to own a Kings jersey for myself, but I don't really like the team's current design and they had a design in 2020 that I really wanted, but couldn't afford and by the time I had the money, it was sold out and not to be restocked for whatever reasons.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Pre-Wayne days

Post by gbruin »

You gotta get the Kings reverse retro with the purple and gold crown, Kev. That thing is gorgeous.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Pre-Wayne days

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:09 am You gotta get the Kings reverse retro with the purple and gold crown, Kev. That thing is gorgeous.
It's a great-looking jersey, I'm not denying that. I just don't have as great memories for that era or the chevy-logo era since I was either not born yet or way too young to know hockey so the attachment for getting that jersey isn't quite there. Now if they do something regarding the black, purple, and silver color schemes with the coat of arms logo from the early 00s, I can get behind that. Speaking of Coat of Arms logo, on the same site that I bought the Shinedown jersey, Guns n Roses also have a collection of merch as well on the site and they used a coat of arms for their logo, aptly titled the Kings. Probably a no-brainer in the design and colors there for GNR. LA-based, baby.

Also, I got to be really careful how I spend my dollars nowadays. Says the guy that is going to go to Toronto to see AB and enjoy a Canadian vacation in a few months and wants an AB hockey jersey made.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At LA Live to watch the USA vs Canada women’s hockey game at the building formerly known as Staples Center.

Right now, I’m near an outdoor ice rink next to the building watching people stay balanced as they are trying to skate at the rink.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Big rinks, Small world

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:29 pm At LA Live to watch the USA vs Canada women’s hockey game at the building formerly known as Staples Center.

Right now, I’m near an outdoor ice rink next to the building watching people stay balanced as they are trying to skate at the rink.
That's awesome, Andrew! My daughter Kate was friends/teammates with two of USA's players during her last 4 years at her hockey academy through high school (my daughter graduated last spring). #4 Caroline Harvey on defense played with her for a year and graduated 2 years ago before going to Wisconsin as the top defensive prospect in the country, and #22 Tessa Janecke was one of her best friends and teammates over their 4 years together. Tessa graduated with Kate this spring and is already major ass as a freshman at Penn State.

If you get a chance, cheer extra for them and yell Go NAHA WinterHawks!!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Time zone things

Post by gbruin »

Happy New Year, Merinda!

(I'll get the rest of you later)

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

First post of 2023 in my time zone.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Happy new year, all! Hope everyone has a great one.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Ubik wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:27 pm Happy new year, all! Hope everyone has a great one.
Nothing apocalyptic has yet occurred, so I count that as a win for day 1.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: happy new year merinda!

Post by zazthespaz »

Potentially weird question for my friends in England (or Europe in general I guess) but do you guys grill your food at all? My parents have one and I’ve been using it more this past year but I was thinking as I’m currently cooking that I don’t really imagine anyone in England/Europe using a grill at home.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

zazthespaz wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:08 pm Potentially weird question for my friends in England (or Europe in general I guess) but do you guys grill your food at all? My parents have one and I’ve been using it more this past year but I was thinking as I’m currently cooking that I don’t really imagine anyone in England/Europe using a grill at home.
We'll barbeque grill stuff for the 5 minutes each year that it isn't raining but I feel like using the grill on an oven is a little old fashioned? I used to use it for bacon and the like but now I just either fry or oven-cook it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: or tailgating?!

Post by zazthespaz »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:09 am
zazthespaz wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:08 pm Potentially weird question for my friends in England (or Europe in general I guess) but do you guys grill your food at all? My parents have one and I’ve been using it more this past year but I was thinking as I’m currently cooking that I don’t really imagine anyone in England/Europe using a grill at home.
We'll barbeque grill stuff for the 5 minutes each year that it isn't raining but I feel like using the grill on an oven is a little old fashioned? I used to use it for bacon and the like but now I just either fry or oven-cook it.
So I take it these aren't a common thing around the country?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: or tailgating?!

Post by Crumbso »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:46 am
They're common, as in most people have them, but we do get a fair bit of rain so they're used less often than you might expect.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

People who live in houses with outdoor gardens use it very often in Poland. I've personally always lived in a block of flats so that's pretty unlikely for me, but people often buy disposable grills and they use them at a lakeside or outdoors in general.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: so they do get Hank Hill references...

Post by zazthespaz »

cool, thanks for scratching that curiosity itch guys!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I recommend sides of an extinguisher, carbon monoxide alarm, and good insurance.

Post by gbruin »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:53 am
zazthespaz wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:46 am
They're common, as in most people have them, but we do get a fair bit of rain so they're used less often than you might expect.
You could grill Southern U.S. style: indoors.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: I recommend sides of an extinguisher, carbon monoxide alarm, and good insurance.

Post by Crumbso »

gbruin wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:28 am You could grill Southern U.S. style: indoors.
Does that need a gas grill? Our ovens often have a 'grill' but that's like an exposed filament heater in the roof of the oven. Most people here use a charcoal BBQ to grill otherwise.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: then again, he's living as high as Americans can get...

Post by zazthespaz »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:41 am
gbruin wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:28 am You could grill Southern U.S. style: indoors.
Does that need a gas grill? Our ovens often have a 'grill' but that's like an exposed filament heater in the roof of the oven. Most people here use a charcoal BBQ to grill otherwise.
As someone living about as far south as Americans can, I have no idea what he's talking about.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: then again, he's living as high as Americans can get...

Post by Timotheus »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:55 am
Crumbso wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:41 am
As someone living about as far south as Americans can, I have no idea what he's talking about.
The South Pole?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.