The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:I would say it wouldn't give them the right to do it again without giving further compensation, but I don't know crap about business law.
All right, that's fine. That was around the ballpark of an answer I was thinking about as well.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: and if anyone can spot me the $ for it'd b appreciated

Post by zazthespaz »

Anyone knowledgeable about cars here? Thinking about getting a new one since my current one is falling apart (engine stalls every time I go through a puddle 1/2 an inch thick), currently between the Mazda 3 and the Hyundai Elantra. Have yet to test drive either, but based on the specs they seem like the best cars for my preferences (4 door, good gas mileage, ideally Bluetooth connectable)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I've got a 2005 Hyundai Elantra and I absolutely love it. Amazing on gas and very good in bad weather. If I were you I would pick Hyundai. Mazda's don't have a great reputation for being a good reliable car

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Felt like crap all day. Took a dump. Feel 10x better.
Thanks Timo!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I really need to start an online journal.

Post by zazthespaz »

AllC392Was wrote:I've got a 2005 Hyundai Elantra and I absolutely love it. Amazing on gas and very good in bad weather. If I were you I would pick Hyundai. Mazda's don't have a great reputation for being a good reliable car
Cool thanks! Several people I know recently got Hyundai's and seem pretty happy with them, but I read a Consumer Reports article yesterday which said the Mazda 3 was a good pick, thus my confusion, but appreciate the input! Especially with the weather thing, we've had a lot of snow this year and my car doesn't do well in it. 3 different times one night I had to make 3 different attempts at different hills. Then half a mile away from home I skidded off the side of the road and got stuck in a snow bank. But that's a different story!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: I really need to start an online journal.

Post by AllC392Was »

zazthespaz wrote:
AllC392Was wrote:I've got a 2005 Hyundai Elantra and I absolutely love it. Amazing on gas and very good in bad weather. If I were you I would pick Hyundai. Mazda's don't have a great reputation for being a good reliable car
Cool thanks! Several people I know recently got Hyundai's and seem pretty happy with them, but I read a Consumer Reports article yesterday which said the Mazda 3 was a good pick, thus my confusion, but appreciate the input! Especially with the weather thing, we've had a lot of snow this year and my car doesn't do well in it. 3 different times one night I had to make 3 different attempts at different hills. Then half a mile away from home I skidded off the side of the road and got stuck in a snow bank. But that's a different story!
Yeah I feel very comfortable driving in the snow or heavy rain with my car. Iv'e had it since 2010 and it has barely given me any issues. One day when I look to buy a new car I will deff look into Hyundais

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

You also want to make sure there is a dealer near you to get it serviced at.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

My brother has a Hyundai, and it's been a pretty reliable vehicle. I've looked at both the Elantra and Sonata some for myself. They seem like pretty good cars.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: even though everyone here has one...

Post by zazthespaz »

One Drew Remains wrote:You also want to make sure there is a dealer near you to get it serviced at.
Yeah there are a bunch of dealers all over the area within 10-20 minutes of my house so it's not a problem, but good advice!
Andy92 wrote:My brother has a Hyundai, and it's been a pretty reliable vehicle. I've looked at both the Elantra and Sonata some for myself. They seem like pretty good cars.
Cool! Starting to lean towards the Elantra...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Because Mazda's are Ford. ;)
Photobucket cash grab.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: even though everyone here has one...

Post by AllC392Was »

zazthespaz wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:You also want to make sure there is a dealer near you to get it serviced at.
Yeah there are a bunch of dealers all over the area within 10-20 minutes of my house so it's not a problem, but good advice!
Andy92 wrote:My brother has a Hyundai, and it's been a pretty reliable vehicle. I've looked at both the Elantra and Sonata some for myself. They seem like pretty good cars.
I don't know to much about sonata's but I love the Elantra. Any particular year model?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: problems being snow drifts.

Post by zazthespaz »

AllC392Was wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
I don't know to much about sonata's but I love the Elantra. Any particular year model?
Not really, just new so probably a 2013/2014. I'm tired of used cars, keep running into problems with them.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Got my Blackbird tattoo tonight, I'll post pictures when the bandages are off.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Awesome. Can't wait to see it.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Ryan wrote:
Because Mazda's are Ford. ;)
:yeahthat :lol HAHAHA true. Ford's are unanimously hated on in my Auto Tech class. I've never heard of another make that people shit on as much
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Here's my tribute to my Grandpa, just got it done last night.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Really cool man! Can't wait to get mine in a year or two. Quick question, how much did the guy charge you for it? That's about the size I want my tattoo
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

It depends on the place you go to and the artist you use. I went to a few places that said $500, a few that said $300, and I went with an artist who said $300 (which included a $50 appointment deposit, so I paid $250 last night). An artist at the same place told me last year $500.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Sweet tattoo!
Thanks Timo!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Did you tip?
Photobucket cash grab.