“Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!”

Talk about anything and everything here.
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

“Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!”

Post by MaraCarr »

I study natural healing a lot and experiment on myself on occasion (a lot). So I bought a bottle of Absinthe and tried it like I have studied. It’s an interesting drink and one that I must say creates a peaceful feeling. I tried it for the first time last night because I read it can be an anti inflammatory and cures almost anything. Even more interesting than drinking it with a sugar cube and slowly poured ice water is the history behind its creation. More interesting than that is how it turns from being crystal clear to a white cloud in my glass with addition of cold water! Anyone have recipes to try with this one? I’ve tried the frappe but not the Hurricane developed by Hemingway! Although I will eventually! It’s certainly made a believer out of me.

This video is very funny but not at all like my experience but it’s entertaining to watch!

[YouTube] https://youtu.be/ewSA6Sh177A [/YouTube]

This one is entertaining too but they are drinking it straight.. so funny! I love people so much! :D

[YouTube] https://youtu.be/A6kdEFSFGaU [/YouTube]

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Booze is a miracle cure? Who knew!

Post by Inconquerable »

Interesting, I didn't know absinthe was anti-inflammatory!

I won't go into details but I see a naturopath for digestive issues that I have and found out through a blood test that I basically need to be vegan for my guts to work properly. I have a list of food that my body doesn't do well with so I've been trying to stick to that, and I get supplements as well to help. Unfortunately I know from experience that alcohol and I don't get along (it upsets my stomach big time), otherwise I would totally try absinthe!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: “Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!”

Post by MaraCarr »

Have you watched Game Changers on Netflix! I chose to go Vegatarian recently because I cannot hurt animals anymore! I love them and if I can’t kill them I shouldn’t eat them.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Inconquerable wrote:Interesting, I didn't know absinthe was anti-inflammatory!

I won't go into details but I see a naturopath for digestive issues that I have and found out through a blood test that I basically need to be vegan for my guts to work properly. I have a list of food that my body doesn't do well with so I've been trying to stick to that, and I get supplements as well to help. Unfortunately I know from experience that alcohol and I don't get along (it upsets my stomach big time), otherwise I would totally try absinthe!
Watch Game Changers.. on Netflix.. it will inspire you and strengthen you! It did me!❤️

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

MaraCarr wrote:

Watch Game Changers.. on Netflix.. it will inspire you and strengthen you! It did me!❤️

My nickname in high school was “Alcky” (Short for Alchemist) :yes it’s in my DNA but it’s just like water to me. Everyone is unique.❤️
Last edited by MaraCarr on Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Except I like Mara better!

Post by Inconquerable »

MaraCarr wrote:
MaraCarr wrote:

My nickname in high school was “Alcky” it’s in my DNA but it’s just like water to me. Everyone is unique.❤️
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out. It doesn't have any disturbing images of animals though does it? I really can't get behind that type of stuff from vegans trying to convince people to adopt their lifestyle.

Might have to call you Alcky from now on, my friend! =P

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: “Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!”

Post by MaraCarr »

It doesn't have any abusive animal pictures! It just shows how you can be very strong on a vegan diet, it also has pretty neat things that runner's like Scott Jurek have in common with being vegan. They testify how they had increased endurance after putting down meat.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: It reduces inflammation

Post by MaraCarr »

A little history about this particular medicine is that it was used by Da Vinci, Picasso and Van Gogh ... along with many other famous creators they also used to give it to soldiers During the war. There is a huge amount of artwork depicting this particular spirit. Makes you wonder why it was illegal! Just like anything else that might put big pharm out of business it becomes demonized by instilling fear into the public’s consciousness.

Marilyn Manson also designed his own label and created Mansinthe. It is not a normal type of alcohol. It’s not a depressant... it’s a stimulant. It excites the brain instead. It’s interesting but can be dangerous in excess just like any other type of medication in excess it becomes toxic. It only takes a small dose. (Example: Don’t take the entire bottle of Tylenol just 2 pills per dose. If you take the whole bottle it poisons the liver.) Don’t eat the entire cake ... just one slice... at a time.

https://absintheurtheology.wordpress.com/

https://www.sciencehistory.org/distilla ... f-absinthe

“opaque, bitter, tongue-numbing, brain-warming, stomach-warming, idea-changing liquid alchemy,” saying, “It’s supposed to rot your brain out, but I don’t believe it. It only changes the ideas.” Ernest Hemingway