"WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SCARY MOVIE?"-MAFIA GAME!- TOWNIES WIN

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SCARY MOVIE?"-MAFIA GAME!- DAY 1 HAS BEGUN!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

NO VOTE

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

NO VOTE

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: See Micky. I colored my text, even though you never did. Bastard.

Post by zazthespaz »

Oh, dang. The no vote train is here. Lemme hop on.

No Vote
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

And so the town of Woodsboro was able to rest peacefully as a nasty storm passed through town, making it impossible for the killers to get their prey...for now

NIGHT PHASE HAS BEGUN! PM ME YOUR ACTIONS!
Thanks Andy!

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

NO VOTE

Interesting, never played a game where the No Vote had to be announced persay. May I inquire as to what caused this to be the case on this forum? I'm normally against them since it gives the mafia the first shot at who goes down.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

The Dissident wrote:NO VOTE

Interesting, never played a game where the No Vote had to be announced persay. May I inquire as to what caused this to be the case on this forum? I'm normally against them since it gives the mafia the first shot at who goes down.
So that way the main focus of the game (Sidney), doesnt get killed early and end the game
Thanks Andy!

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SCARY MOVIE?"-MAFIA GAME!- NIGHT 1 HAS BEGUN!

Post by The Dissident »

That makes more sense, totally forgot that there is a target for the Mafia instead of becoming a majority

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

The Dissident wrote:That makes more sense, totally forgot that there is a target for the Mafia instead of becoming a majority
Yeah our Witcher mafia was the same way. Once a certain character was caught The game ended
Thanks Andy!

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

As the storm subsided, Gale Weathers knew she needed to get on the trail of the masked menace(s) tormenting their town. She grabbed her keys, purse and phone and headed for the nearest bar, first to get a drink or two, then ask the locals if they knew anything or heard anything at all.

A drink or two turned into 6 or 7, and Gale stumbled out of the bar headed for her car(Don't drink and drive kids). A man approached her and a conversation ensued.

Man: "Are you okay to drive?"

Gale: "I'm Gale F****** Weathers, of course I'm okay to drive. I have to go report on what I found tonight...and throw up!"

Man: "What you found?"

Gale: "Not that it's any of your business, but I happen to have a lead on the killer. I actually have to report it to the police."

Man: "Oh wow! Yeah, go home, report that shit!"

Gale pushed the man aside, gets in her car, too drunk to remember to lock her door. All of a sudden, her phone rings. Unknown Number

Gale: Scammers. Leave me alone!

Gale ignores the call, but gets a text message: "BEHIND YOU"

Gale turns her head, as the killer leaps up from the back seat, stabbing her. He grabs her phone and personal belongings.

KILLER: "Nice try, bitch."

Gale Weathers (Ubik) is dead
Day 2 has begun!
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SCARY MOVIE?"-MAFIA GAME!- DAY 2 HAS BEGUN!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Nooooooo! Not Ubik! :no :smashcomp

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Gale doing the job better than I. Step up your game, Judy!

Post by Inconquerable »

Wow so Ubik found one of the killers on his first shot? What a guy.

I would have to assume then that mafia waited to see who Ubik was investigating before sending in the kill as well. We're working with smart killers here, and without Gale we need to be careful about how we move forward.
Last edited by Inconquerable on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Even Mark doesn't like Lenny!

Post by zazthespaz »

Not trying to take over the investigator's role here, especially so soon after her death, but I think there are some important facts to consider that coincidentally go back to my original post.

1) Ubik is notoriously British
2) Great Britain is currently undergoing "Mexit"
2a) Mexit - n. - the name given to Prince Harry and his wife, Megan Markle (who, fun fact, is at the end of "Horrible Bosses" as a FedEx delivery woman, as I just saw for the first time on tv 2 nights ago) as they separate from the royal family and their royal duties
2b) Harry and Megan are moving to Canada
3) We have 3 Canadians in town (Shea, Inconquerable, The Dissident)
3a) Not all Canadians are happy with the move to their country and unwanted attention from the paparazzi
3b) They might be Covid-19 carriers and therefore, more unwanted (I completely made that up because I didn't have a 3b and you can't have 3a by itself)

Those are the facts ladies and gentlemen. Is it a far cry to suggest that in an act of violent racism, one of the Canadians might have taken their anger out on Ubik, using him as a British beating board to vent their Mexit-driven anger upon? I think not. Canadians are notoriously violent people; as we have witnessed, they are even prone to turning on their own national landmarks (see: Inconquerable vs. Tim Horton's).

So, could the killer be Shea? Highly unlikely, he couldn't mafia himself out of a mafia bag in the middle of mafia town on their favorite holiday, Mafia-gras. Could it be The Dissident? Possibly. Relatively new guy to town, but who knows, he could be running from a violent Canadian British-hating past. Could it be Inconquerable? Yeah, definitely, like, who wants my savings account number so I can place a bet on this? She has a friend named Lenny for cripe's sake. Lenny is straight up a mafia name. I present my case ladies and gentlemen.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The subject line :lol

Where’s Summer?!?
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: I bet he loves Lenny DeStefano though. Even Judy loves DeStefano.

Post by Inconquerable »

zazthespaz wrote:Not trying to take over the investigator's role here, especially so soon after her death, but I think there are some important facts to consider that coincidentally go back to my original post.

3b) They might be Covid-19 carriers and therefore, more unwanted (I completely made that up because I didn't have a 3b and you can't have 3a by itself)

Those are the facts ladies and gentlemen.
I believe Americans coined this term, but FAKE NEWS!

I do agree though that based on the night kill, Shea isn't mafia. I firmly believe that mafia waited for Gale to investigate before sending in the kill, Shea would be too anxious to send the kill in to be that tactical. We're dealing with an experienced mafia here.

Also the subject line took me a minute but I got it eventually, even though you just explained it to me like last week. =P
Last edited by Inconquerable on Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

I bet you’re an experienced igloo builder though!

Post by Andy92 »

Feel kinda bad for Shea that your definition of “experience mafia” = not Shea. :lol

Hard to disagree with the logic though. Sorry Shea.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Apparently my landlord doesn’t care about social distancing...

Post by zazisaspaz »

Holy moly I am on spring break and apparently the days are going by very quickly! Okay my landlord is coming over in a bit so after that, I’ll read up and figure out why people are talking about Tim Horton’s.
Can we call a quick time out? Hahaha just kidding, but I’ll be back in a smidge

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Send Shea some flowers, Judy.

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:Feel kinda bad for Shea that your definition of “experience mafia” = not Shea. :lol

Hard to disagree with the logic though. Sorry Shea.
Oh my god, Shea I'm sorry I really didn't mean it that way!! Please don't be offended, I just meant based on how I've seen you play as mafia, what I'm thinking went down in night one isn't your typical style of play.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

The original subject line stresses me out

Post by zazisaspaz »

Based on the first three pages of this thread, Ubik had formed a very special place in my heart and someone took him away so soon AGAIN! What the fudgepops?!

I’m still in the mindset that the mafia team really could be made up of just about anyone....
Not sure that Inky would bring up waiting for Gale’s inspection unless she was very certain that she would lead us to a scapegoat and that’s a bold play so soon, so that makes her seem slightly more innocent in my eyes. I know people have mentioned Shea a lot, but he knows he blew it for himself last time so he might being trying to play it cool and if he is mafia, he’s got a teammate who also might be encouraging him to keep calm. Cameron is a consistently chatty player which is clever because it keeps him hard to read. I’ll call mom and see if he told her anything hehehe

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lots of nonsense talk, which makes it kind of hard to read people. What to do, what to do?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:Lots of nonsense talk, which makes it kind of hard to read people. What to do, what to do?
Call Cam’s mom.