SURVIVOR MAFIA - GAME OVER!!!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Inconquerable
Rise Today

SURVIVOR MAFIA - GAME OVER!!!

Post by Inconquerable »

SURVIVOR MAFIA
Filming on the eight millionth season of Survivor began without much commotion, as show runners would want given the nature of reality television. All of the contestants were split up into two tribes, some people were eliminated, everybody immediately lost all of their body fat, things were going smoothly.

Then the merge happened midway through shooting and everything hit the fan.

Sick of the same old tired format that has been going on for at least 75 years at this point, the producers got fed up and bailed. They abandoned the cast members, and they abandoned the show’s loyal host, Jeff Probst. Before the producers left, however, they chose 3 cast members to discreetly kill off the rest of the cast. The producers promised that they would send a helicopter to rescue these cast members in 5 days.

Jeff Probst has gone rogue after being betrayed by the producers of the show. After loyally hosting 30972 seasons, for Jeff to have been abandoned and left to die so easily was a huge slap in the face. Jeff doesn’t care about the cast members, he wants to get revenge on the producers, and leave the island before he dies. He is taking his misplaced anger out on the cast members while he tries to find a way off of the island.

So now it’s time for the cast members to root out the chosen few who were instructed to kill everybody else with the promise of an escape. Everybody has the same goal as everyone else who has ever participated in this centuries-old show: Outwit. Outplay. Outlast.

—————————————————————————

GAMEPLAY

Each day phase, cast members of the latest season of Survivor will vote to kill one other cast member in an attempt to kill the two (or three) who have been chosen by the producers. There’s safety in numbers, the more cast members left alive the better. During night phases, mafia have the opportunity to kill one cast member.

The producers of the show have promised to send a helicopter to save the three chosen cast members within 5 days. If all of the chosen cast members have not been killed off by this time, mafia wins.

Jeff Probst (Clockmaker) is not aligned with the cast members or the mafia, he is independent from everybody because he has a private suite with a limited food supply all for himself. He does have the ability to kill one person during each night phase, but he loses or gains time on his clock depending on who he kills.

In the event that we have a tie game (3 mafia vs. 3 townies, etc.), all of the dead players will form a Jury for Tribal Council to determine who dies. The remaining living players will not be able to post in the thread during Tribal Council. If the Jury selects a townie, mafia wins by way of outnumbering the remaining townies. If the Jury selects a mafia, the game will proceed with the next day phase as usual with that mafia eliminated.

ROLES

Cast Members: These are simple townies. They do not have any additional roles, they simply vote during the day phases to eliminate other players.

Adrenaline Junkie: This townie has the special ability of delaying their death by one complete phase. For instance, if they are killed on night one, they won’t die until night two. If they are killed during day two, they won’t die until the end of day three. The Adrenaline Junkie can continue to participate as normal in the interim and may cast votes throughout the day.

Gunsmith: This townie is able to give another player a bulletproof vest every night phase, allowing the player selected to live if chosen to be killed. The bulletproof vest only lasts for that night phase and expires once the day phase begins. The Gunsmith may not give themselves the bulletproof vest. The Gunsmith’s action will take chronological precedence over a night kill from either the Mafia or the Clockmaker.

Left-Behind Intern: This townie has the special ability of putting one other player in jail during each night phase, which both protects that player from dying at night, and prevents them from using any of their night actions. The Intern may not use their ability on themselves.

Retired Marine: This townie is immune to the Clockmaker’s kill, and will decrease the Clockmaker’s clock by one hour if targeted. In the event that the Clockmaker targets the Retired Marine, no distinction will be made if the intended target was protected or if the target was the Retired Marine. In other words, a no kill will occur and the Retired Marine’s role will not be revealed.

Island Shaman: This townie has the special ability to summon a tropical storm that will delay the helicopter from coming to rescue the remaining mafia by one day phase, but only if the Shaman is still alive on day five. The Island Shaman is able to be protected by the Gunsmith and the Left-Behind Intern, but they may not reveal their role at any time in order to gain their protection.

Mafia: All mafia members work together, there is no distinction between assistants and the boss. Collectively, mafia can kill one player per night. The mafia member who sends in the night kill takes responsibility for the kill, so if the mafia member sending in the kill is also targeted by the Left-Behind Intern, the kill will not be completed.

Jeff Probst (Clockmaker): Working independently from mafia and the cast members, the Clockmaker can kill one player every other night phase (1, 3, 5). However they are on a time crunch. The Clockmaker’s clock starts at 8:00, it increases by two hours if they kill a cast member, and decreases by one hour if they kill one of the mafia, or attempt to kill the Retired Marine. If the clock reaches 10:00, the Clockmaker receives a bulletproof vest, allowing them immunity if they are either killed by mafia, or voted out during a day phase. The bulletproof vest expires if the clock goes below 10:00. If the clock reaches 6:00, the Clockmaker dies. If the clock reaches 12:00, the Clockmaker wins. The time on the clock will be revealed at the beginning of each day phase. On even day phases (2, 4), the day kill will increase or decrease the time on the clock depending on the role of the player voted out.

WIN CONDITIONS

Townies win when they have eliminated all mafia members and the Clockmaker.

Mafia wins when they have eliminated all townies and the Clockmaker, or if they haven’t all been eliminated after 5 days.

The Clockmaker wins when their clock strikes 12:00.

MINIMUM POST COUNT REQUIREMENT

The minimum post requirement applies to all living players, no matter their alignment. Every player must post at least three times during each phase. This requirement might become a little more relaxed as the game goes on, or should a situation arise where more discussion is not necessary.

Should a player not post three times during a phase, they will lose the ability to vote in the next phase. I will not move a phase on without hearing from everybody whether a majority of votes has been achieved or not.

IMPORTANT: “Vote: Player” will not count towards your post count unless an explanation has been given for your vote.

This is not an attempt to alter anybody’s strategy, this is an attempt to make sure that everybody actively participates in the game. This game does not have night actions to give hints, voting will be based on how people are posting and reacting to others’ posts. The more people post, the more clues you will have to justify your votes.

OTHER NOTES

If the Clockmaker achieves their win condition of hitting midnight, the game will continue. The Clockmaker will be declared the winner, but the cast members and mafia will battle it out for second place.

No votes will not be allowed in this game.

IMPORTANT: You may not take a screenshot of the PM that I send you with your role in it to show other players in any form.

ALSO IMPORTANT: please bold and colour your votes!

CAST MEMBERS
SHEAKENBAKEN (Gunsmith)
AB4Lyfe (Left-Behind Intern)
Andy92 (Mafia)
zazthespaz (Cast Member)
Ubik (Cast Member)
Micky (Adrenaline Junkie)
Lotha (Mafia)
Silver (Clockmaker)
MaraCarr (Retired Marine)
zazisaspaz (Island Shaman)
The Dissident (Mafia)
Last edited by Inconquerable on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 am, edited 23 times in total.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Oh Hello Mafia?!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:I just flipped my eyelid inside out.

Who wants to play?
Why would you flip your eyelid inside out? :wtf :shifty :lol

I'll play as long as I'm a townie and I can survive the whole game. :D

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: No promisesssssss!

Post by Inconquerable »

I was rubbing my eye because it was itchy, and it flipped inside out. You've never had that happen before?!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: No promisesssssss!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:I was rubbing my eye because it was itchy, and it flipped inside out. You've never had that happen before?!
Cant say I have, no. :wtf :lol :headscratch :shrug I dont think I could make it happen even if I tried :lol

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Eyelid-flipping Mafia!

Post by Inconquerable »

It's really unpleasant. Don't try!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Eyelid-flipping Mafia!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:It's really unpleasant. Don't try!
tries it anyways :P

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Down.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’d be up for it. :D
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Inconquerable is a pro now. She's not allowed to play on our amateur level.

Post by zazthespaz »

/signmeup
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

*opens new braingle tab*
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I quit.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote:*opens new braingle tab*
/unsubscribe
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Who hasn’t played in a while? I need some new people to screw over form partnerships with.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Get in here, Tacos!

Post by Inconquerable »

It would be awesome if we could get people like Austin, C3, and AHart back, but it's been a while since they've been around. Fish Tacos would be a lot of fun too, I saw him posting this week!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Get in here, Tacos!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:It would be awesome if we could get people like Austin, C3, and AHart back, but it's been a while since they've been around. Fish Tacos would be a lot of fun too, I saw him posting this week!
I could ask 3 of them on FB for you, but I doubt they'd want to. As for Fish, I dont know how to contact him outside of here and maybe Discord...

EDIT: I could have sworn Fish Tacos was on Discord but maybe that was an old TABN server cause he's not on the new one :lol

EDIT 2: Duane beat me to the FB question :lol

Micky
On The Rail

Re: SURVIVOR MAFIA SIGN UP TODAY!

Post by Micky »

I'm in.
Thanks Andy!

Lotha
Colloquial

Hi Andy wanna be buddies?

Post by Lotha »

/signmeup
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: NEW! EXCITEMENT! HYPED?!

Post by Inconquerable »

Going to slowly reveal some of the new roles I'm introducing into this game throughout the week to see if we can get a few more players (looking at you Summer, Timo, Ang, and Mara!). Starting tonight with...
THE CLOCKMAKER!
Working independently from mafia and the cast members, the Clockmaker can kill one player per night. However they are on a time crunch. The Clockmaker’s clock starts at 8:00, it increases by two hours if they kill a cast member, and decreases by one hour if they kill one of the mafia, or attempt to kill the Retired Marine. If the clock reaches 10:00, the Clockmaker receives a bulletproof vest, allowing them immunity if they are either killed by mafia, or voted out during a day phase. The bulletproof vest expires if the clock goes below 10:00. If the clock reaches 6:00, the Clockmaker dies. If the clock reaches 12:00, the Clockmaker wins. The time on the clock will be revealed at the beginning of each day phase.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Junk!

Post by Inconquerable »

ADRENALINE JUNKIE!

This townie has the special ability of delaying their death by one complete phase. For instance, if they are killed on night one, they won’t die until night two. If they are killed during day two, they won’t die until the end of day three. The Adrenaline Junkie can continue to participate as normal in the interim and may cast votes throughout the day.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Junk!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:
ADRENALINE JUNKIE!

This townie has the special ability of delaying their death by one complete phase. For instance, if they are killed on night one, they won’t die until night two. If they are killed during day two, they won’t die until the end of day three. The Adrenaline Junkie can continue to participate as normal in the interim and may cast votes throughout the day.
That one sounds kinda neat!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: I did say slowly revealing roles...

Post by Inconquerable »

LEFT-BEHIND INTERN!
This townie has the special ability of putting one other player in jail during each night phase, which both protects that player from dying at night, and prevents them from using any of their night actions. The Intern may not use their ability on themselves.
Note: Going to leave sign-ups open for a bit longer. I'm hoping we can get to at least nine players.