You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:Ubik, I’m just trying to get a clear picture after you said, “ I'd not even thought of this - how is this not a dead giveaway?”

I know you agree with me, I was just surprised for you to say you hadn’t thought of it given that we had discussed it prior. That’s all I was questioning.
I meant in relation to day 2's vote and how Inc didn't do it, yet I had the decisive 5th one. This seems kinda... big?
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Ubik, I’m just trying to get a clear picture after you said, “ I'd not even thought of this - how is this not a dead giveaway?”

I know you agree with me, I was just surprised for you to say you hadn’t thought of it given that we had discussed it prior. That’s all I was questioning.
I meant in relation to day 2's vote and how Inc didn't do it, yet I had the decisive 5th one. This seems kinda... big?
Yes, it’s one of the reasons I assumed you probably weren’t his teammate. I’ve just been trying to make sure you fully understood the implications of how important that vote was lol.

From my perspective though, me and Micky are clear. There’s 2 mafia left amongst 4 of you. Inc is apparently trying to clear Silver and Silver stopped posting on like page 5?

I’m gonna ignore that Summer called me sweet and clever. I’m only clever.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: For real.

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:Honestly if you think I’m mafia after all this game then, lol
I agree with this. And if I'm wrong you've upped your mafia game big time and wholly deserve to lose to you. Even after reevaluating your posts last night I thought you were clear. I don't think I could get there on an Andy vote at this point.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Ugh.

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:
Ubik wrote:

Yes, it’s one of the reasons I assumed you probably weren’t his teammate. I’ve just been trying to make sure you fully understood the implications of how important that vote was lol.

From my perspective though, me and Micky are clear. There’s 2 mafia left amongst 4 of you. Inc is apparently trying to clear Silver and Silver stopped posting on like page 5?

I’m gonna ignore that Summer called me sweet and clever. I’m only clever.
Except hold on. Ubik is in here posting that he didn't know how important it was TO vote right? Like this is probably reaching, but it's entirely possible that he still could have voted to save face and forgotten that he could have saved his partner from being killed off. I wouldn't bank on this, but I woudn't clear him for it either. And Summer... I don't know. I like my case on her, but being third to vote doesn't support or negate it all that much I don't think.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Inc, clear something up for me. You said your night action was an attempt to save Cam, yet your character can’t prevent night phase deaths. You also said your night action probably clears Silver.

How does protecting Cam and clearing Silver coexist in the same night action? I’ve read through the roles and can’t piece that together.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Just going to throw this out there

I was in fact, NOT jailed. I was kidnapped. Sack thrown over my head, the whole 9 yards. I escaped by using my boyish good looks.

So, either Sam is not in this game or Sam decided to jail someone else.

Carry on.
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Seriously you should see my night one notes.

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:Inc, clear something up for me. You said your night action was an attempt to save Cam, yet your character can’t prevent night phase deaths. You also said your night action probably clears Silver.

How does protecting Cam and clearing Silver coexist in the same night action? I’ve read through the roles and can’t piece that together.
Of course! Might as well just say it, I'm Samwell Tarly. My action can de-jail somebody, prevent a role block, and give medicine to stop a poisoning. In night one, I visited Silver. Dissident sent me a notification saying that I gave Silver a key and the medicine, and she returned the key. So to me, she either used the medicine (thus Qyburn is in the game), or returning the key was a hint that she used the key (which seems unlikely, and Cam was jailed so I don't put much stock into this). So I'm under the impression that Silver was the poison target on night one, which clears her town for me.

Night two was trickier because I could either de-jail Cam so he could doctor protect Micky, or de-jail Micky outright. Nothing I could have done in night two would have prevented one of the three of us dying (I include myself because I basically outed my role late in the day and figured it would be one of the three of us). I chose to de-jail Cam so he could protect Micky in the hopes that those two would stay alive, but there was really nothing I could do to stop the night kill.

It's kind of a tricky role without knowing what other roles are in the game. I picked Silver on night one because she was firmly neutral for me. I had to go through a whole process of figuring out if I wanted to risk de-jailing my town group so they could use their actions but also be open for the night kill (no), or de-jailing mafia and allowing them to user their roles if there was a town jailer (no), or pick a townie to prevent poisoning (would be ideal, but still clashes with night kill fears). I thought the safest option was to go for the neutral group that I didn't have reads on. That's why I went Silver in night one.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Yummy.

Post by Inconquerable »

Micky wrote:Just going to throw this out there

I was in fact, NOT jailed. I was kidnapped. Sack thrown over my head, the whole 9 yards. I escaped by using my boyish good looks.

So, either Sam is not in this game or Sam decided to jail someone else.

Carry on.
You're lucky you're mechanically cleared. =P

Samwell doesn't jail, he prevents people from being jailed. And Cam got the same notification from Dissident about the sack over his head. It's essentially jailing, just with different flavour.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I had a hunch it was Sam but I didn’t know about the mechanic with the medicine and the key. That actually clears things up pretty well for me.

I’m still a little confused as to what happened to Silver though. Lotha died in Night 1, so did someone else attempt to poison Silver? It had to have been Qyburn.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

I think we all agree Micky is townie.
I know I’m a townie (and mafia knows this too)

If I choose to believe Inky, then she and Silver are townies. I’m kinda confused about how Silver could only be semi-cleared though. Why would mafia poison their own teammate? (To be fair, I could have easily skimmed over something important, so if I could get the SparkNotes version, my lazy American self would greatly appreciate it)

This leaves Ubik and Andy to fill the two mafia spots. As always, there is a chance that Incon is fibbing, but she claimed a role and has a whole shebang to back it. Not necessarily strong evidence, but I guess she hinted at it before because Cameron said “if you are who I think you are” to Incon so I guess he spotted a clue.

But, this is mafia so this also could be the biggest mind-clustering in the world and I’m falling for a trap.

@Andy, thank you and “lots of love” to you too!

Edit: ahhh apparently I did not refresh and a lot more has been posted! Please hold on the above until I finish reading the last few posts! Sorry!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Which if he is, don't say yet!

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:I had a hunch it was Sam but I didn’t know about the mechanic with the medicine and the key. That actually clears things up pretty well for me.

I’m still a little confused as to what happened to Silver though. Lotha died in Night 1, so did someone else attempt to poison Silver? It had to have been Qyburn.
Had to have been, which is why I came in today so sure that Qyburn is/was/whatever in the game. I can't vouch for third mafia role in play, Ramsay is obviously in play. I just hope it's not Littlefinger or else we're in a bad spot voting wise unless a mafia turns on their partner.

6 players.
4 votes needed.
4 townies - one maybe can't vote.
2 mafia.

If Littlefinger is in, we've got our work cut out for us. My immediate thought is, with so few players, we could rule out The Mountain and Joffrey, because theoretically the game could have been over by now. Tywin is a distinct possibility. Cersei... maybe? But probably only if Gendry is in the game.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Okay, now that I’ve read the above on p. 17, you can all ignore my previous post. (Sorry!)

If Silver was offered items, does she have to take one?
My impression is “yes.” So she could have taken an item, but not needed to use it.

Also, Please undo Deadline vote for Andy
(At least for now)

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: ATTN SILVER! <3

Post by Inconquerable »

zazisaspaz wrote:Okay, now that I’ve read the above on p. 17, you can all ignore my previous post. (Sorry!)

My impression is “yes.” So she could have taken an item, but not needed to use it.
This I don't know. I feel like it would be automatic. She wouldn't know that she would be poisoned, jailed, or role blocked in night one right? So for her to have to choose between the three items would make Samwell... essentially useless. Kind of like making the person the doctor chooses to protect have to guess if they would be protected by the doctor at night.

I didn't explain the semi-clear comment on Silver and... don't know if I want to... If somebody wants to know my thinking here, remind me later on and I'll address it. Hopefully she has posted by then.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

It is automatic

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Meaning she was automatically given the tool that was needed?

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Samwell automatically cures all the non-lethal effects. It doesn’t matter if they need it or not.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Subjects getting difficult.

Post by Inconquerable »

zazisaspaz wrote:Okay, now that I’ve read the above on p. 17, you can all ignore my previous post. (Sorry!)

(At least for now)
I missed you retracting your vote earlier. Can I ask why? You seem to have cleared everybody except him and Ubik by process of elimination, why withdraw the vote?

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

The Dissident wrote:Samwell automatically cures all the non-lethal effects. It doesn’t matter if they need it or not.
For everyone? Or just the player Samwell chooses that night? (Pretty sure it’s the latter, but want to be 100% certain)

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Re: Subjects getting difficult.

Post by zazisaspaz »

Inconquerable wrote:

(At least for now)

I missed you retracting your vote earlier. Can I ask why? You seem to have cleared everybody except him and Ubik by process of elimination, why withdraw the vote?
I wasn’t sure about how Samwell’s role works and therefore things were still up in the air about Silver. Now that I think I understand Sam’s role, it seems more likely that Silver is townie who was poisoned, and therefore it’s back to an Ubik and Andy mafia team.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

zazisaspaz wrote:
The Dissident wrote:Samwell automatically cures all the non-lethal effects. It doesn’t matter if they need it or not.
For everyone? Or just the player Samwell chooses that night? (Pretty sure it’s the latter, but want to be 100% certain)
It is role dependant