You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
Silver
Brand New Start

Re: QyBURN, poisoner. I get it.

Post by Silver »

I caught up to page 15 last night, sorry I've been so inactive y'all. This game and also life have been WAY more intense than I anticipated! I've been trying to at least keep read up but I read through six pages last night..... My brain is still mushy. So much mech talk. XD I'm going to respond to stuff as I go through and read the past two pages. I'm going to be able to be around say more after today, so there's some good news for everyone! If there's anything from before page 15 that you still want me to answer, just gimme a nudge and I'll do that when I get back after life today.
Inconquerable wrote:@SILVER when you get on, would you be willing to tell us if you were a poison target on night one? I got a notification from Dissident indicating that I either de-jailed you (which seems unlikely given Cam was jailed, but there could be a town jailer as well) or that the medicine I gave you saved you from being poisoned. This would be helpful because if you were saved from poisoning, we know we have (or had) Qyburn in the game. If you'd rather not answer I understand that as well.

EDIT: Sorry, Micky didn't see your post. Totally understood! Enjoy your time with your brother. =)
I double checked my QT - I got no notifications saying anything about being de-jailed or medicine.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Please no math in the answer!

Post by Inconquerable »

zazisaspaz wrote:I wasn’t sure about how Samwell’s role works and therefore things were still up in the air about Silver. Now that I think I understand Sam’s role, it seems more likely that Silver is townie who was poisoned, and therefore it’s back to an Ubik and Andy mafia team.
Gotcha, thank you!

@ANDY I want to ask you about THIS post that you made earlier in the game. I agreed with your take, but wonder if we had Summer's reads flipped. How likely do you think it is that she buried her reads in amongst fake partner takes? It feels unlikely but... can we fully rule that out? The Micky part of her post is a non-take. She takes a pretty solid townie stance on Ubik, and has Timo on her suspicions list. I get hunches and all that, I'm not ruling that out. But if I think she's mafia (which I do), does this post of hers negate a case against her being in that specific team with Timo and Ubik?

I have other things that make me look in her direction, but that post is noteworthy.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by Andy92 »

@Inc That post is pretty outdated for where I stand now. I know Micky is clean, and I’m still kinda on the fence with Silver. She just mentioned she wasn’t told anything in her QT so I’m not sure how that plays into things.

I still have to process how I feel about Summer. Right now I don’t view her the best in this game obviously lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Brain explodes.

Post by Inconquerable »

Silver wrote:I caught up to page 15 last night, sorry I've been so inactive y'all. This game and also life have been WAY more intense than I anticipated! I've been trying to at least keep read up but I read through six pages last night..... My brain is still mushy. So much mech talk. XD I'm going to respond to stuff as I go through and read the past two pages. I'm going to be able to be around say more after today, so there's some good news for everyone! If there's anything from before page 15 that you still want me to answer, just gimme a nudge and I'll do that when I get back after life today.
Take your time. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts in real time.
Silver wrote:I double checked my QT - I got no notifications saying anything about being de-jailed or medicine.
Ok. So. Options.

1. Silver's mafia and I de-jailed mafia? Qyburn not likely to be in the game then.
2. Silver's town and... well... from my perspective, is this even possible now?

Ok so my thought process was this. If she had come in today and said that she had been de-jailed, I would have said she's lying, and would have said mafia. If she had said that she was given medicine preventing her from being poisoned, I would have taken that at face value and lock cleared her town. I didn't anticipate a no to both. I guess I have to compare what she comes up with here to what Summer has produced. My read on Summer is largely based on Ubik being mafia though so at this point... I don't know.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: This gaaaaammmeee.

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:@Inc That post is pretty outdated for where I stand now. I know Micky is clean, and I’m still kinda on the fence with Silver. She just mentioned she wasn’t told anything in her QT so I’m not sure how that plays into things.

I still have to process how I feel about Summer. Right now I don’t view her the best in this game obviously lol
Yeah Silver just blew things up for me. I give her credit for being honest (I think?!) and not claiming to be jailed, but like now I don't understand the notification in my QT. The only other explanation is that there ARE (or were) two jailers, and somebody also jailed Silver on night one. This doesn't clear Silver though at all. And if someone claims town jailer, it doesn't necessarily clear them either?

Would it help you on Summer if I posted my case? I know you're still unsure on Ubik and I, and my case on Summer is based on Ubik being mafia. I don't know if it'll help you or not.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

:lol going to help you out here and say I haven’t produced anything of substance hahahaha. This may be my worst mafia game to date.

Silver
Brand New Start

Post by Silver »

Didn't really find anything in specific that I wanted to address in the past two pages, but my one thought before I leave for a few hours is:

We all see that Inc's claiming Sam. She's claimed that she used her actions on me in night one, but she didn't come forward with this until AFTER I went MIA, right? Is Incon a maf that slipped under the radar and is now role claiming and banking on the fact that I wouldn't be around to mention that I never got any notifs in my QT? Thaaaaat's suspicious to me, it really is. I'm not really seeing anything that confirms Incon is indeed Samwell so either I'm majorly misunderstanding some mech talk (As is my penchant) or I'm just generally more sus of role claims in general. I don't like this.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

I also wanted to vote for Silver on Day 1 so...

Post by Andy92 »

My gut feeling all along after Timo died was that the two remaining mafia were Silver and either Summer/Ubik as the 3rd. Throwing Timo under the bus to distance herself from the mafia seems like something Summer would do lol

That’s where I’m at currently.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Really didn't expect to doubt her. =\

Post by Inconquerable »

Silver wrote:Didn't really find anything in specific that I wanted to address in the past two pages, but my one thought before I leave for a few hours is:

We all see that Inc's claiming Sam. She's claimed that she used her actions on me in night one, but she didn't come forward with this until AFTER I went MIA, right? Is Incon a maf that slipped under the radar and is now role claiming and banking on the fact that I wouldn't be around to mention that I never got any notifs in my QT? Thaaaaat's suspicious to me, it really is. I'm not really seeing anything that confirms Incon is indeed Samwell so either I'm majorly misunderstanding some mech talk (As is my penchant) or I'm just generally more sus of role claims in general. I don't like this.
I mean...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4211&start=260#p213766

And to be fair, your last post came in on page six. The timing of things after that (12 pages later) probably doesn't come into play.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Re: I also wanted to vote for Silver on Day 1 so...

Post by zazisaspaz »

Andy92 wrote:My gut feeling all along after Timo died was that the two remaining mafia were Silver and either Summer/Ubik as the 3rd. Throwing Timo under the bus to distance herself from the mafia seems like something Summer would do lol

Totally is! Hahaha definitely fits my MO of “always play like a townie.” I know that doesn’t help my case, but at this point I don’t really know what to say or who to trust (except Micky).

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: I also wanted to vote for Silver on Day 1 so...

Post by Andy92 »

zazisaspaz wrote:
Andy92 wrote:My gut feeling all along after Timo died was that the two remaining mafia were Silver and either Summer/Ubik as the 3rd. Throwing Timo under the bus to distance herself from the mafia seems like something Summer would do lol

Totally is! Hahaha definitely fits my MO of “always play like a townie.” I know that doesn’t help my case, but at this point I don’t really know what to say or who to trust (except Micky).
I haven’t forgotten how easily you sneaked your way into heaven as a mafia member that one game lol

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Ugh.

Post by Inconquerable »

Ubik wrote:Gah I just spent an hour writing out my thoughts for midway through the day and now Micky's post has basically upended it all. Gonna have to wait for Timo's response tomorrow to reasses, I had him third at the time and Micky bottom. I will say I thought whilst reading that Timo's response was good and that a lot of Micky's points seemed nitpicky, but a cop claim is a little different. So we could have two zaz situations to choose between at the end of the day.

Anyway, here's the rest:

Andy is someone I'm currently, to my surprise, feeling pretty good about. I think he's been pretty calm and helpful today, even though I started a little more concerned based on how I was feeling about the night kill and that I might've mis-interpreted it last night. But I think his initial post was most persuasive, and as mafia he'd probably just have made the kill. There is the counter to that that he's come out of today looking better for it, but for the purposes of today, I'm okay with him.

Summer has posted less frequently today, and I've still got that Purgatory game in my mind, but the Lotha kill feels way too on the nose for her to be mafia. Might be a double bluff but right now, I'm not taking it. Being so sure on zaz is something to watch out for, because I'm not, but it feels like a risk that she doesn't need to take as mafia. If she's mafia and he's mafia, him being killed and shown as mafia basically brings her down with him. If she's mafia and he's not, there doesn't feel a great need to be so sure on it, just let it play out.

Inc started out feeling very town to me, she was being proactive and I like that a lot, pushing people into making commitments that can be tested as time goes on. I thought her strategy to look out for town players was smart. But there's been a few things that have knocked my confidence. The misquote of me was the first one, which seemed kind of petty but goes against my rule that if you're town, you don't mislead on things other people say. She did quickly recant which goes in her favour. The vote based on zaz claiming to be jailed also stuck out to me, because it was the kind of thing you note and ask for a clarification on, rather than use to accuse. I'd be very hesitant to vote for her despite putting her here, because if she's town she's a big asset that's pushing things on, and I've not seen enough to worry me that I'd risk losing that.

zaz is kind of level pegging with Inc for me. Him being town relies on him having made an error of judgement that put the town in jeopardy on day 1, potentially neutering him as doctor for the rest of the game, and that seems very unlike him. But it's certainly plausible and not being killed overnight doesn't necessarily imply guilt, as there were decent reasons for it not to have happened from either a town perspective or a mafia perspective. As I said before I think either he or Lotha are the doctor, and without knowing her role we also can't be sure on his. He was amazingly convincing as mafia in Purgatory, to the extent I could see him pulling off a move to out the doctor even with all the heat it would bring, and that's shown by the fact I'm still on the fence.

Silver just hasn't posted much so I can't justify being higher than this point. She sailed through the last game without much suspicion and I think the longer this one goes on, the more noticeable it gets. I'd probably be willing to vote for her but I'm at the same time worried at the prospect going for someone we don't have much of a read on, given the numbers involved across the teams.

That isn't a very town to very mafia gradient, it's just the list of who's bothered me the least to who's bothered me the most.
So not going to fully case Summer right now since doubts are strong on Silver since she's saying she didn't get anything in her QT (which does not jive with mine), but look at this post from Ubik. I see two STRONG defences against possible Summer mafia points in that Summer paragraph. One about a Lotha kill being too on the nose, and another about her taking too big a risk by saying Cam is the doctor to be mafia. Whereas Silver has been an easy option almost the whole game. I'm kind of of the opinion that the low posting players will solve themselves eventually (though there are exceptions), but Silver has "bothered me the most" and that was so easy to say in day two.

Now... the Silver thing could be "Silver isn't posting much anyway so I can safely throw her under the bus here and get major town points for doing so." I think the Summer paragraph raises a lot of red flags though.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Or maybe he was trying to align with a townie? But unfortunately (for both Ubik and me) no one has yet felt that confident about my townieness. I think Ubik is too smart a player to automatically align himself with a mafia teammate.
(Again, I totally understand that townies are reading this without knowing my role. Just figured it was worth throwing out there)

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

zazisaspaz wrote:Or maybe he was trying to align with a townie? But unfortunately (for both Ubik and me) no one has yet felt that confident about my townieness. I think Ubik is too smart a player to automatically align himself with a mafia teammate.
(Again, I totally understand that townies are reading this without knowing my role. Just figured it was worth throwing out there)
I mean yeah, maybe...

What do you think about Silver now after her last couple of posts?

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Strange.

Post by Inconquerable »

Silver wrote:Didn't really find anything in specific that I wanted to address in the past two pages, but my one thought before I leave for a few hours is:

Also wait, I slipped under the radar? I've been posting a LOT, and have been accused of many for being mafia.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Man this game is crazy.
Thanks Andy!

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Inconquerable wrote:
zazisaspaz wrote:Or maybe he was trying to align with a townie? But unfortunately (for both Ubik and me) no one has yet felt that confident about my townieness. I think Ubik is too smart a player to automatically align himself with a mafia teammate.
I mean yeah, maybe...

What do you think about Silver now after her last couple of posts?
I’m sure she’s a lovely person in real life, but I’m getting some mafia vibes from her latest posts.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Gonna get something rolling. We need to vote someone else out today to have a chance to win. Going with my gut.

DEADLINE VOTE: SILVER

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

What a cozy bandwagon! There’s so much room for all of us!

Post by zazisaspaz »

I love it when we get rolling! Ya know what, why not? I voted for Andy a few hours ago, and now I’m going to follow his lead hahaha most mysterious game EVER.

Deadline Vote: Silver

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Vote Tally
Player - Immediate/Deadline - Players voting
Silver - 0/2 - Andy92, Zazisaspaz