You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
The Dissident
White Knuckled

You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by The Dissident »

Following the death of their King the citizens of Westeros seek to have a new ruler ascend to the throne. However the treacherous Lanisters have their eyes on the throne as well. Will the citizens be able to figure out who serves the Lanisters or will they ascend to be the rulers of the Seven Kingdoms.

Rules:
- All Citizens, Mafia and 3P night/day actions must be bolded and completed in the players personal QT's any made in their team QT's will be ignored.
- Only living players may post in the thread during the day phase. Observes and non-living players will have a QT to discuss the games events in.
- Any player whom posts in the thread during the night phase will be removed from the game.
- Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours.
- Votes can be Deadline or Immediate, please specify which kind you're placing. Deadline votes only count at the end of the day phase. Immediate votes can cause the day phase to end early.
- PLAYERS MAY NOT COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD AND THEIR PROVIDED QUICK TOPICS.
- Roles will NOT be revealed upon death

The Rules of QuickTopics

QuickTopics, or "QTs" are how Roles are distributed in UPN Mafia games. This quick and simple forum website allows for players to post their thoughts if they're on their own, and to communicate with one another through a moderated medium if their role allows them to work with other players. Here are the rules in regards to QuickTopics.
-Do not share your quicktopic(s) with anyone, be they observers or other players, at any point. Doing so compromises the game because other players could potentially discover your role and/or other important information. This includes posting your QT(s) in the thread at the end of the game. It is the job of the game host to decide when the salt from the thread has died down enough for QTs to be released.
-Do not take screenshots of your QT and post them in the thread
-Do not copy&paste Game Host text from your QT and post it in the thread. The same goes for posts made by any teammates you might share a QT with.

Citizens of Westeros (and Essos)
Ned Stark - Ned's vote determines the Lynch target if a verdict cannot be reached. Requires +1 Votes to be lynched.

Tyrion Lannister - Tyrion Drinks and he knows things, he learns of the presence of a living non-town role each night phase.

Sansa Stark - Once per night phase Sansa may protect another player preventing them from dying, this also will heal the target from any lingering poisons. Guaranteed to be in the Game.

Arya Stark - Twice per game Arya may elect to kill a single player during the night phase.

Ghost - May watch over a single player to learn who visited them and who they visited that night phase.

Bran Stark
Each night phase may select one dead player, Bran will observe the actions of their final night phase, learning who they visited and who visited them.

The High Sparrow - During each day phase The High Sparrow may select a player to jail. Jailed players can be found but not affected by other night actions.

Jon Snow - Once per night phase may guess the role of a dead player. If guessed correctly one of the following will occur:
1) If the player has not been resurrected by the Night King he will burn their body. Preventing them from being resurrected.
2) If the player has been resurrected he will be given the option to complete that roles night action instead of attempting to burn a body during the following night phase.

Samwell Tarly - May visit another player each night phase granting them immunity from Jailing, Role blocks and poisons for that night phase.

Varys - Once per night phase will investigate a player learning if they are innocent or guilty. Guaranteed to be in the Game.

Daenarys - Cannot be targeted by a Night Kill unless role blocked. She is vulnerable to Guaranteed Kills.

The Hound - Will survive the first night kill attempt upon him. And will kill anyone who attempts to kill him.

Davos Seaworth - Once per night Davos may vouch for a player, that player cannot be lynched the following day phase

Breinne of Tarth - Each night phase may shield another player from all night actions taking them upon herself instead.

Maester Aemon - During each day phase Aemon may make a second vote in his QT. This vote will appear as "Aemon" during the day phase vote tally. Aemon may reveal himself during the day phase to determine the lynch target however he loses his second vote thereafter this does not end the day phase.

Gendry - During the day phase Gendry may select a player to leave a tool of his choice at their door. These tools are single use and include but are not limited to: A role block; Night Kill; Protection from harmful effects. Gendry only has 3 tools to give out at any given time.

Mellisandre - May select a player twice per game and allow them to complete their night action twice the following night phase.

The Faceless Man Jaqen H'ghar - Each night may select a player, Jaqen and the other player will essentially swap roles for the night phase with Jaqen completing all the night actions himself, learning the results of said actions.

The Lannisters
Tywin Lannister - Once per game Tywin may cause all deadline votes for the following day phase to become lynch votes. This action will not cause town to be notified.

Cersei - During each night phase Cersei may select a player to have wine with; Cersei will learn who the target used their night action on if any. Will Kill Gendry if he gives her a tool.

Littlefinger - Thrice per game may invite a player to his brothel preventing them from voting during the next day phase.

Ramsay - Each day Ramsay may kidnap a player. Preventing them from using their night action or being targeted by night actions during the following night phase. Essentially Jailing them.

Joffery - Once per game may go on a rampage killing his intended target along with anyone who visits them that night.

The Mountain - Once per game the Mountain may elect to crush a players skull guaranteeing their death.

Qyburn - In lieu of a night kill Qyburn may poison a player during the night phase, it takes two doses of poison to kill a player. However Qyburn may guess the role of the player he wishes to poison, if he guesses correctly the player will die after only 1 dose. If Qyburn guesses incorrectly the victim will take 3 doses of poison to kill.

The Others

Night King - Recruits dead player each night, wins when the army of the dead outnumbers the living. Appears Guilty when investigated. The Night King must be alive in order to claim victory

Theon Greyjoy/Reek -When Theon is first killed either by Lynch or Night Kill he will be revived and will join the side of whomever last visited him during the night phase other than his killer if he was night killed. Theon will appear innocent until he has been revived. If no one visits Theon he will simply die when killed. Theon cannot win unless he has been revived.

-----

Night Action List:
High Sparrow
Ramsay
Jaqen
Ghost
Melissandre
Brienne of Tarth
Samwell Tarly
Grand Maester Pycelle/Gendry Role Block
Gendry [Gift Giving]
Varys
Littlefinger
Qyburn
Sansa
Arya Stark
Gendry Tool Kill
Joffery
Mafia Kill/The Mountain
Cersei Lannister
Tyrion Lannister
Davos Seaworth
Jon Snow
Theon Greyjoy
Night King
Tywin

Rulings with Jaqen:
Anyone specifically targeting Jaqen will target the person he targeted instead.
Anyone specifically targeting Jaqens Target will target Jaqen instead.
For investigations Jaqen's target will appear Innocent and he will appear as they normally would.
Jaqen learns the results of his targets night actions as he carries them out.

Participants:
Inconquerable
Lotha
Ubik
Andy92
Micky
Silver
Timotheus
zazthespaz [Zaz]
zazisaspaz [Summer]

Sign ups will last until Thursday June 25th at 10pm. We will be having a night 0 in this game which means the game starts with a 24 hour night phase in which Night Kills cannot occur but other powers can. (IE: investigations, vote steals, roleblocks and the like, poisoning allowed but not capable of killing.)
Last edited by The Dissident on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Will need to re-read this many times.

Post by Inconquerable »

Sign me up!

Question, will we know which roles are in the game when it starts? I know some games are structured in a way that we know x amount of roles are available, but we don't know which ones are actually in use.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: Will need to re-read this many times.

Post by The Dissident »

Inconquerable wrote:Sign me up!

Question, will we know which roles are in the game when it starts? I know some games are structured in a way that we know x amount of roles are available, but we don't know which ones are actually in use.
You will know nothing. The only guarantee is that 1/4-1/3 of the players will be Mafia members.

There will be a Nurse (Sansa) and a Cop (Varys). Some roles if one is there both are there (Night King and Jon Snow)

Lotha
Colloquial

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by Lotha »

/signmeup
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Signing up.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lol this is gonna be a cluster.

/signmeup
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

/signmeup
Thanks Andy!

Silver
Brand New Start

Post by Silver »

This sounds chaotic but fun, I'm in if you'll have me!

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Silver wrote:This sounds chaotic but fun, I'm in if you'll have me!
Everyone is always welcome!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Sign me up!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: we’re all voting Andy right away right?

Post by zazthespaz »

I’m in, but I am a little concerned about all the roles. If we have 10 players and twice as many potential roles, expect long days of speculation.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Can’t wait to help the Night King beat you all lol

Post by Andy92 »

zazthespaz wrote:I’m in, but I am a little concerned about all the roles. If we have 10 players and twice as many potential roles, expect long days of speculation.
Found the Lannister.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ew, Andy. Zaz is literally the only one with a sister on here.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Dracarys

Post by zazthespaz »

I h8 u gUyS
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Might sit this one out just to see how it all unfolds, but I'm #TeamNightKing or #TeamJaime or #TeamSandor

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:Ew, Andy. Zaz is literally the only one with a sister on here.
Whoops...we definitely need to kill him in round one to keep all the weirdness out of this game.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Given how badly I fucked over my team last game, I‘m giving y’all a break from me. Let’s call it a cleanse.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Given how badly I fucked over my team last game, I‘m giving y’all a break from me. Let’s call it a cleanse.
If that’s your only reasoning then you should still play. Everyone makes both good and bad calls in these. :lol

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Also I need somebody I can't get a good read on!

Post by Inconquerable »

I agree, Ryan. Don't not play because of what happened last time. You played a good game to be honest. If you're busy then obviously take the time you need, but don't not play because of the last game.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

AB4 - I literally started the town's string of bad decisions by not backing out of the Shea kill on day 1, and more were made after you went! Just a game to forget for all of us, I think. Also we're now even on the arbitrary killing of each other.
For all of the hope that it brings...