The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - The CHAOS of Night 3

Talk about anything and everything here.
Lotha
Colloquial

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Three

Post by Lotha »

I'd also like to add that if Lift reveals themselves, the only way for mafia to effectively get rid of them is, again, by lynching. So Lift is at this point safer outed.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

I promise, I’m a much better teacher than leader of Knights

Post by zazisaspaz »

Random thought that I figured I would share:
What if The Dissident (he needs a nickname) is Odium and he actually did recruit someone the first night?!

Doesn’t help AT ALL, but it crossed my mind :lol

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Ugh, subject.

Post by Inconquerable »

Ubik wrote:But if Summer is cleared as we think, she'll be the target the night after. If there's "another" Dalinar that misunderstood the plan, we need to know that, and that's where the claiming comes in.

I'm not feeling great right now that you seem to be saying you lied about your role on day 1, and are now trying to stop us catching other people lying so that we can use our vigilantes, something you previously said was one of our best assets.
Ok this I agree with. My other thought on this is that somebody who wasn't around could have already put in an immediate kill before the plan was laid out (Silver who posted once, Dissident maybe), but this could be lingering Summer doubts.

Being protective of Lift though has nothing to do with vigilantes? I still do this they're very important roles, which I'll go into more in this post, but Lift is also a big asset to the town.
Lotha wrote:Mafia has no reason to target anyone other than Wit, then Dalinar. They could throw me into the mix, but I'll use my night kill anyway and it'll go through regardless of whether or not they target me, so the only thing they can do is start a bandwagon vote on me at this point.

I'm gonna want your real role now, Inc, or you're the one getting killed tonight, by me.
Yes, absolutely on Wit, why Dalinar though? The ability is already used up, might as well keep them around and get rid of the stronger roles no? But also, as I mentioned before, Ubik almost certainly dies tonight, but in night four, the chance of them getting Lift is higher if Lift is not outed.

But, ok. I'm fine with this based on your post after this about Lift needing to be a day target at this point, which I hadn't considered and do agree with. I'm Shallan. And... I might as well get into all of this now since I'm coming clean about everything. I had pre-written my first post before I even had my role, and had really hoped that I had gotten Tien. My thinking was, I ask for the doctor to protect me, mafia attempts to night kill me, we get a mafia on the first night, and we keep going from there. So to answer your question from much earlier in the game, that's part of why I asked for the doctor's protection. The other reason Summer actually laid out very well.
zazisaspaz wrote:I agree it’s not necessarily the most vital, but it could protect the cop or the doctor from being discovered by mafia. Just in case anyone else was confused by this role, I figured I would share that tidbit :)
I initially did not understand the role at all. I thought honestly that it was anti-town, and I had mentioned to Ubik before the game that I hoped I would get it so it wouldn't be used. But I spoke to Andy more about it and he told me essentially what Summer said above. The best use of the role is to find the real doctor, then disguise somebody else in order to protect the real doctor's identity, hoping that we somehow managed to select the same person. It was still a long shot though and I wasn't likely to use it.

Which leads me to pre-answer what I imagine will be your next question... I have not used my illusion on anybody else. I didn't think that I had found the doctor until we were into day two. I reread Lotha's response posts to my claim and thought that her anger at me requesting the doctor's help was possibly a hint that she was the doctor. I was going to disguise myself as the doctor overnight to protect her role in case I was the night kill (which felt possible), but then she made her last post before the end of day and then I figured she's either Lift or Jasnah. I had no idea that Timo was the doctor, I thought maybe Szeth or Jasnah since he wanted me to claim which vigilante I was, but never even considered him being the doctor. My only other thought was maybe Silver since she was so weirded out by my claim as well. I did disguise myself as Kaladin last night anyway, because I thought with the cop outed, I could try to save the real doctor's role.

So why did I claim vigilante as Shallan right off the bat then? It's what I said earlier: A) to keep posts as on topic as possible, which is something I try to do anyway because day one tends to be wasted, and B) to protect the vigilantes. If I claim vigilante and mafia comes after me instead of one of them at night, they're still safe. The timing I mentioned in my initial post was to hint at being Szeth. Was it the greatest plan in the world? Meh, probably not, I think it would have been great if I had gotten Tien, but I don't think it was a wash either. I believe I also said to Lotha at some point that I wasn't overly concerned with how I looked later on in the game, I still stand by that. Especially now since the cop is outed and the doctor has been killed. My role is all but useless at this point in helping town, and everybody claiming their roles basically renders it 100% useless, which was also part of my earlier concern.

I think that's everything. If anybody has questions let me know. Also for the record... I really dislike claim clears. Like if you still want to vote me out because I lied about my role initially, I'm really fine with it. This isn't game throwing, I just like to think that my play should clear me more than role claiming.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Okay, Inc, thank you. I believe all of that, quite frankly.

So since you disguised yourself as Kaladin last night, then I'm asking Ubik: did you perchance investigate someone who came up as Kaladin to you? Because if so, you found Re-Shephir.

If not, we can continue asking other people for roles. Right now I do trust Inc and Ubik and Summer as town and anyone else could be Soulcast fodder as far as I'm concerned.

Why Dalinar? Because Dalinar can't be turned, and it is one vote. With Lift having one-night immunity, me having a self-protect, that already makes Dalinar a better target than either of us. Szeth will use their kill before they can kill Szeth (unless via lynch) so they would probably go for Dalinar over Szeth as well.

I mean, let's not tell them what to do, lol. I'm killing a non-claim tonight, or if everyone else claims, I'll toss a coin on a double claim. :shrug
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Okay, thanks Inc. That does make sense from Shallan's perspective. I'm still not crazy about someone using the role even on themselves, but okay I get why you would do it.

So so far we have

Confirmed:
Timo - Kaladin (Doctor)
Micky - Nale (Mafia)

Claimed:
Summer - Dalinar
Ubik - Wit (Cop)
Lotha - Jasnah
Inc - Shallan

Still to go:
Dissident
Julianna
Silver
zaz

Edit for Lotha - need to get everyone to claim first, hopefully Silver is on at some point!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Crap shoot? Craps? I don't know.

Post by Inconquerable »

Lotha wrote:Why Dalinar? Because Dalinar can't be turned, and it is one vote. With Lift having one-night immunity, me having a self-protect, that already makes Dalinar a better target than either of us. Szeth will use their kill before they can kill Szeth (unless via lynch) so they would probably go for Dalinar over Szeth as well.

I mean, let's not tell them what to do, lol. I'm killing a non-claim tonight, or if everyone else claims, I'll toss a coin on a double claim. :shrug
I forgot they can't be turned, but yeah, good call. Zipping my lid on this for the time being!
Ubik wrote:Okay, thanks Inc. That does make sense from Shallan's perspective. I'm still not crazy about someone using the role even on themselves, but okay I get why you would do it.
Yeah I don't love it either, but if I can disguise myself once and someone else, I'd rather disguise myself than disguise (and potentially clear) a mafia. Re-Shephir also picks this stuff up so it's a craps shoot.

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Post by UhohitsJulianna »

Ubik wrote:Okay, thanks Inc. That does make sense from Shallan's perspective. I'm still not crazy about someone using the role even on themselves, but okay I get why you would do it.

So so far we have

Confirmed:
Timo - Kaladin (Doctor)
Micky - Nale (Mafia)

Claimed:
Summer - Dalinar
Ubik - Wit (Cop)
Lotha - Jasnah
Inc - Shallan

Still to go:
Dissident
Julianna
Silver
zaz

Edit for Lotha - need to get everyone to claim first, hopefully Silver is on at some point!
At this point I feel like much more important people have been claimed so fuck it- I'm Lift.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

UhohitsJulianna wrote: At this point I feel like much more important people have been claimed so fuck it- I'm Lift.
Thanks Julianna! And just to confirm, no offer from the mafia?

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Ubik wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote: At this point I feel like much more important people have been claimed so fuck it- I'm Lift.
Nope no offer here.

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

UhohitsJulianna wrote:
Ubik wrote:
Nope no offer here.
Also trying to get ahead of the mafia- if someone double claims me that would be a great move to try and get me killed by Dalinar (about the only person to kill me) so please believe me and hopefully mafia doesnt try that play now lol

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Umm subject!

Post by Inconquerable »

UhohitsJulianna wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote:
Ubik wrote:
Nope no offer here.
Also trying to get ahead of the mafia- if someone double claims me that would be a great move to try and get me killed by Dalinar (about the only person to kill me) so please believe me and hopefully mafia doesnt try that play now lol
Dalinar's been blocked already, so their kill is null and void.

Since you're here, could you do me a favour and respond to my concerns at the bottom of THIS post? I know you've claimed Lift, but this contradiction is bothering me.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

UhohitsJulianna wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote:
Ubik wrote:
Nope no offer here.
You're okay on that front, Dalinar used the immediate kill yesterday so won't be able to use it now. Thanks for the info though!

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Re: Sleepy subject.

Inconquerable wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote:5. The Dissident. Kinda the same feeling for zaz as well. I feel like all posts have been logical- hasn't really rocked the boat or anything, but at this time I think that's understandable for both a townie or a mafia player. I'm not super comfortable with them this high in my list, but the below players gave me more right off the bat "possibly" mafia vibes more. So here he is.

5. Micky. I think the questions and statements asked at this time hasn't really proven to be one way or another, but I just haven't made up my mind on what the play is here. So I'm just going to keep ya here in the middle for the time being.
The read on Micky is also a non-read, but look at the last sentence in her Dissident paragraph. "...the below players gave me more right off the bat 'possibly' mafia vibes more." So, Julianna I guess I'm asking... how do you go from having "possibly mafia vibes" for the players below Dissident on your list to "questions and statements haven't proven one way or another, undecided"? There was also no other mention of Micky in her other posts (though could have missed it), and no mention of her in his.
Yeah as mentioned in my list- with no history of how everyone plays and with not as many posts from everyone creating a consolidated list (especially that early) was tough and was primarily done based on gut feelings and how each person came across.
The "possibly mafia vibes" I was referring to was simply a gut feeling whereas when I mention not having a good feel one way or another was because logically it was undecided. I had no evidence to say "logically this person is mafia" because their posts read to me as very in the middle of the road and the only way I could number them was from gut feeling alone.
Hopefully that helps clear that up some?

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Ubik wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote:
Ubik wrote:
Nope no offer here.
You're okay on that front, Dalinar used the immediate kill yesterday so won't be able to use it now. Thanks for the info though!
Thanks for the clarification- didn't realize that, but it crossed my mind and wanted to make sure I said something in case I got busy with work and then come back to my head on a platter XD

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Axl wants reads!

Post by Inconquerable »

UhohitsJulianna wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote:5. The Dissident. Kinda the same feeling for zaz as well. I feel like all posts have been logical- hasn't really rocked the boat or anything, but at this time I think that's understandable for both a townie or a mafia player. I'm not super comfortable with them this high in my list, but the below players gave me more right off the bat "possibly" mafia vibes more. So here he is.

5. Micky. I think the questions and statements asked at this time hasn't really proven to be one way or another, but I just haven't made up my mind on what the play is here. So I'm just going to keep ya here in the middle for the time being.
The read on Micky is also a non-read, but look at the last sentence in her Dissident paragraph. "...the below players gave me more right off the bat 'possibly' mafia vibes more." So, Julianna I guess I'm asking... how do you go from having "possibly mafia vibes" for the players below Dissident on your list to "questions and statements haven't proven one way or another, undecided"? There was also no other mention of Micky in her other posts (though could have missed it), and no mention of her in his.
Yeah as mentioned in my list- with no history of how everyone plays and with not as many posts from everyone creating a consolidated list (especially that early) was tough and was primarily done based on gut feelings and how each person came across.
The "possibly mafia vibes" I was referring to was simply a gut feeling whereas when I mention not having a good feel one way or another was because logically it was undecided. I had no evidence to say "logically this person is mafia" because their posts read to me as very in the middle of the road and the only way I could number them was from gut feeling alone.
Hopefully that helps clear that up some?
Ok, I'm ok with this for the time being. So now that we've had both a town and mafia flip, would you be willing to provide us with an updated reads list? I'm interested in seeing where your head is now with all of the information we have. Also your fresh perspective as a newcomer could be helpful.

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Re: Axl wants reads!

Inconquerable wrote: Ok, I'm ok with this for the time being. So now that we've had both a town and mafia flip, would you be willing to provide us with an updated reads list? I'm interested in seeing where your head is now with all of the information we have. Also your fresh perspective as a newcomer could be helpful.
At this time I'm inclined to the believe the following:

Townies:
Timo (Confirmed)
Inc
Lotha
Summer
Ubik
The Dissident

Mafia:
Micky (Confirmed)
Silver
zaz

I'd like to hear more from Silver and Zaz as I feel like they've been very quiet in comparison to everyone else- which may just be a lay low and wait it out strategy, but I would expect mafia to play more part in the conversation. So that doesn't sit right with me, but we have started to get into a harder point for the mafia with role claiming and it would require more thought and strategy before proceeding so it also makes sense to me.
So more or less if they show up claiming roles which have already been claimed it's going to put both people back under investigation, but this is my current standpoint.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Back to being vascular and whatnot.

Post by zazthespaz »

zazisaspaz wrote:3) Zaz/Cam is still too quiet for my liking.
zazisaspaz wrote:3.5) but it could also be because he felt that Inc was claiming his role and he was confused... or maybe he’s got more to hide
Combination of sleeping like garbage leading to sleeping in and intentionally laying low. I've been trying to avoid calling attention to myself because I'm Szeth and didn't want the mafia eliminating me before I could make a kill (see:)
zazthespaz wrote:Is that's Szeth's hand pictured holding the sword? (It'd make sense) Dude's vascular. What's his workout regimen?
;) (went with the low-key Easter Egg this time - I've got a big ego...)

I haven't made a kill yet because the only solid leads we've had so far are Micky, who we got rid of right away, and 2 townies. I have to make a move in night 3 and I've got suspicions, but want to see how my suspects play today first. (Also, any insight from Ubik would be strongly taken into account)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Nightblood is humming

Post by zazthespaz »

UhohitsJulianna wrote:
Inconquerable wrote: Ok, I'm ok with this for the time being. So now that we've had both a town and mafia flip, would you be willing to provide us with an updated reads list? I'm interested in seeing where your head is now with all of the information we have. Also your fresh perspective as a newcomer could be helpful.

Townies:
Timo (Confirmed)
Inc
Lotha
Summer
Ubik
The Dissident

Mafia:
Micky (Confirmed)
Silver
zaz

I'd like to hear more from Silver and Zaz as I feel like they've been very quiet in comparison to everyone else- which may just be a lay low and wait it out strategy, but I would expect mafia to play more part in the conversation. So that doesn't sit right with me, but we have started to get into a harder point for the mafia with role claiming and it would require more thought and strategy before proceeding so it also makes sense to me.
So more or less if they show up claiming roles which have already been claimed it's going to put both people back under investigation, but this is my current standpoint.
This was posted while I was writing mine (for over 9 minutes apparently :embarrassed ). Is this list in order of least suspicious to most? If so, how is Ubik so low on your list? I said we had 2 townies pretty much confirmed in my last post and by that, I meant Ubik and Summer. Ubik led us to a successful kill of Micky on day 2 with a charge led on his own. Mafia typically don't start votes against their own, especially on day 2. What really strikes me as odd is that you put Inconquerable above him. She originally claimed a different role than Shallan which she just claimed today and you're willing to give her more credibility than Ubik?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Re: Nightblood is humming

zazthespaz wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote:

Townies:
Timo (Confirmed)
Inc
Lotha
Summer
Ubik
The Dissident

Mafia:
Micky (Confirmed)
Silver
zaz

This was posted while I was writing mine (for over 9 minutes apparently :embarrassed ). Is this list in order of least suspicious to most? If so, how is Ubik so low on your list? I said we had 2 townies pretty much confirmed in my last post and by that, I meant Ubik and Summer. Ubik led us to a successful kill of Micky on day 2 with a charge led on his own. Mafia typically don't start votes against their own, especially on day 2. What really strikes me as odd is that you put Inconquerable above him. She originally claimed a different role than Shallan which she just claimed today and you're willing to give her more credibility than Ubik?

No this is not in order- literally just the order of me remembering everyone's names. lol
Let me order it here for ya'll.
Also I see your claim and have taken it into consideration.

Townies:
1. Timo (Confirmed)
2. Ubik
3.Lotha
4. Inc EDIT(didn't realize Zaz's point of the initial false claim-so trust got bumped some, but i still think she is town just because to me she seemed like the only person who could've been the obvious target on night one that Kaladin saved)
5. Summer
6. Zaz - I like the foreshadowing- could've just been a smart thing to do as mafia knowing this role claim may come up, but hey you've claimed and no one has counter claimed yet so you get this spot.

Mafia:
1. Micky (Confirmed)
2. The Dissident - Zaz claimed, so you got bumped.
3. Silver

I'm very interested to see the next few claims (if any) and who will be placed back under investigation.
Last edited by UhohitsJulianna on Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Back to being vascular and whatnot.

Post by Ubik »

zazthespaz wrote:
zazisaspaz wrote:3) Zaz/Cam is still too quiet for my liking.
zazisaspaz wrote:3.5) but it could also be because he felt that Inc was claiming his role and he was confused... or maybe he’s got more to hide
Combination of sleeping like garbage leading to sleeping in and intentionally laying low. I've been trying to avoid calling attention to myself because I'm Szeth and didn't want the mafia eliminating me before I could make a kill (see:)
zazthespaz wrote:Is that's Szeth's hand pictured holding the sword? (It'd make sense) Dude's vascular. What's his workout regimen?
;) (went with the low-key Easter Egg this time - I've got a big ego...)

I haven't made a kill yet because the only solid leads we've had so far are Micky, who we got rid of right away, and 2 townies. I have to make a move in night 3 and I've got suspicions, but want to see how my suspects play today first. (Also, any insight from Ubik would be strongly taken into account)
And no offer from the mafia?

Okay so that's all the townie roles claimed. We either have two mafia still to answer, or there's a liar here so far:

Confirmed:
Timo - Kaladin (Doctor)
Micky - Nale (Mafia)

Claimed:
Summer - Dalinar
Ubik - Wit (Cop)
Lotha - Jasnah
Inc - Shallan
Julianna - Lift
zaz - Szeth

Still to go:
Dissident