The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - The CHAOS of Night 3

Talk about anything and everything here.
Silver
Brand New Start

Re: *flailing*

Post by Silver »

Apparently I never posted my response to Inc's questions a page or so ago, I'm gonna do that here in a second. But AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Things HAPPENED overnight. This is hard and my brain is melty.

I'm putting my trust in Ubik, I've been trusting his tone more all game and even though this role stuff is REALLY screwing with my head (I have no idea what does what at this point o.o) his solution seems more straight forward to me. Guess I'll be taking out Cam tonight, then.

DEADLINE VOTE: INCONQUERABLE
The Dissident wrote:@Lotha: I did a brief read of the thread, I voted Silver because of the two claims I'm more scared of one which is sitting under the radar ;)
Also, this is interesting. Unsure what to make of this but I don't like it.

Silver
Brand New Start

Re: Loads of questions/requests subject!

Post by Silver »

Inconquerable wrote:
Silver wrote:Okay hi hello I am caught up and I've been working on THIS post ever since I posted my counterclaim so it might seem a little weird, I missed some stuff but then I got an error message, caught up since my counterclaim, and am now adding things in.

Firstly, nope, still no mafia offer.

Secondly, again, why is MY role that's always claimed? >_> Because yeah, I'm Szeth. I haven't night killed because I haven't wanted to go for it unless I was 100% sure - I almost killed Lotha last night, fun fact, but I chickened out. I also caught Incon's weirdness when she mentioned Day 3, which is partly why I was pressing suspicion then, but as time went by and she didn't push it anymore I relaxed somewhat.

Thirdly, Dissident: Thanks Inc, for gathering up his posts! Those, combined with what I've seen, are something I'm not liking. He's either noncommittal or just restating facts for the first few days - Maintaining a presence without actually doing anything. Now he's being REALLY hesitant to claim to save his life - This is telling me he doesn't want a counterclaim situation or there's really something he doesn't want to tell. Could this be elaborate theatre? I don't know. I'm VERY known for missing obvious things to those who know me, but I don't think Diss's role is as obvious as he thinks if he's a townie. I don't like this, not at all, although he does have a valid point - It would have been a lot safer to just wait and take Cam as my nightkill but if we're all role claiming and I refused to do so or claimed someone else's role it would have looked just as bad.

Honestly right now I know Zaz/Cam is up to no good, I'd be down to lynch him this moment. My next pick is Lotha (for reasons already explained in my reads) and Dissident. DEADLINE VOTE: ZAZ/CAM.

I didn't immediately vote him because I knew I was gonna be writing this post and didn't wanna just throw that out there. XD

Gotta go eat now!
So couple of questions, why did you decide against killing Lotha in night two? And with your three person team, we're basically looking at a traitor situation since Micky was Nale. Who do you think out of those three is the traitor? Could you point out to a few posts that might help everyone else come to the same conclusion? I'd also like an updated reads list if possible.
I don't know that these still apply but I'm gonna answer them anyway since I apparently NEVER POSTED MY REPLY LAST NIGHT. :slam

I didn't nightkill Lotha because I second guessed myself and chickened out, told myself I was gonna wait until I saw how she acted today. (Kinda glad I did now, I have a confirmed mafia member that I can knock out)
With the team, I'm thinking Dissident's the traitor. I can't find the specific posts I'm thinking about - so sorry about that, I know it's not very helpful - but the main thing is how he's been acting. Remember that Diss said he got the mafia offer but declined? What if he didn't? The best lies are rooted in truth. Also, I can't think of many posts of Diss's that really help or push the game along. Just posting mech talk and refusing to reveal his role. Chaos. I also don't like his attitude.

Also, quick reads:

Town:
Summer
Ubik

Neutral:
Julianna
Lotha

Mafia:
Diss
Cam

(Yes that's in order)

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Subject!

Post by Inconquerable »

Silver wrote:Apparently I never posted my response to Inc's questions a page or so ago, I'm gonna do that here in a second. But AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I'm putting my trust in Ubik, I've been trusting his tone more all game and even though this role stuff is REALLY screwing with my head (I have no idea what does what at this point o.o) his solution seems more straight forward to me. Guess I'll be taking out Cam tonight, then.

The Dissident wrote:@Lotha: I did a brief read of the thread, I voted Silver because of the two claims I'm more scared of one which is sitting under the radar ;)
Um? What? Our solutions are basically the same? We're both saying vote x out, the Szeths solve each other, Lotha vigilante kills whoever she thinks is mafia. The only difference is I'm saying let's get Dissident who I believe is mafia first, which then basically confirms Ubik to be the traitor cop, who I would then shoot if I were a vigilante. Which, I'm not, again, for the record.

You probably don't need to answer my questions though truthfully, I don't think they matter at this point anyway. You and Cam will solve each other in the night, that's not my concern anymore really.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Three

Post by Andy92 »

Day 3 vote tally:

The Dissident votes for Silver
zazthespaz votes for Ubik
Ubik votes for Ubik (RIP Micky)
Incon votes for The Dissident
Julianna votes for Incon
Summer votes for Incon
Lotha votes for Incon
Silver votes for Incon
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Subjeccctttt.

Post by Inconquerable »

Silver wrote:With the team, I'm thinking Dissident's the traitor. I can't find the specific posts I'm thinking about - so sorry about that, I know it's not very helpful - but the main thing is how he's been acting. Remember that Diss said he got the mafia offer but declined? What if he didn't? The best lies are rooted in truth. Also, I can't think of many posts of Diss's that really help or push the game along. Just posting mech talk and refusing to reveal his role. Chaos. I also don't like his attitude.
So ok, I can work with this. Did Diss' posts help or push the game along in day one? Could it be that he was just mafia the whole time, and that's why he was able to claim that he rejected the offer? Which, in turn, protects a potential actual traitor?

Like I get it, I'm going up against the cop and my role isn't beneficial (even though there's not... really anything else we can get out of the cop now that all of these claims have gone on, and one way or another, he's dead in night three), I can't argue that. But I'm not... not making sense am I? Like I really don't think my arguments are bad enough to just be dismissed because I'm not the cop.

Silver
Brand New Start

Re: Subject!

Post by Silver »

Inconquerable wrote:
Silver wrote:Apparently I never posted my response to Inc's questions a page or so ago, I'm gonna do that here in a second. But AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Um? What? Our solutions are basically the same? We're both saying vote x out, the Szeths solve each other, Lotha vigilante kills whoever she thinks is mafia. The only difference is I'm saying let's get Dissident who I believe is mafia first, which then basically confirms Ubik to be the traitor cop, who I would then shoot if I were a vigilante. Which, I'm not, again, for the record.

You probably don't need to answer my questions though truthfully, I don't think they matter at this point anyway. You and Cam will solve each other in the night, that's not my concern anymore really.
I mean yeah, they're basically the same, and I'm fully prepared to eat my words next day phase but I just really don't think Ubik's a traitor cop. If you're not mafia then I guess I know where we're going tomorrow?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Okay well I'm almost certain not to be around for day 4 so I hope I helped people figure out what they'd need to do in the upcoming phases. Bit of uncertainty because Dissident never admitted his role, but we've got leads at least.

Changing my vote to get the majority:

For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Day 3 vote tally:

The Dissident votes for Silver
zazthespaz votes for Ubik
Incon votes for The Dissident
Julianna votes for Incon
Summer votes for Incon
Lotha votes for Incon
Silver votes for Incon
Ubik votes for Incon

Silver
Brand New Start

Re: I keep not seeing things?

Post by Silver »

Inconquerable wrote:
Silver wrote:With the team, I'm thinking Dissident's the traitor. I can't find the specific posts I'm thinking about - so sorry about that, I know it's not very helpful - but the main thing is how he's been acting. Remember that Diss said he got the mafia offer but declined? What if he didn't? The best lies are rooted in truth. Also, I can't think of many posts of Diss's that really help or push the game along. Just posting mech talk and refusing to reveal his role. Chaos. I also don't like his attitude.
So ok, I can work with this. Did Diss' posts help or push the game along in day one? Could it be that he was just mafia the whole time, and that's why he was able to claim that he rejected the offer? Which, in turn, protects a potential actual traitor?

Like I get it, I'm going up against the cop and my role isn't beneficial (even though there's not... really anything else we can get out of the cop now that all of these claims have gone on, and one way or another, he's dead in night three), I can't argue that. But I'm not... not making sense am I? Like I really don't think my arguments are bad enough to just be dismissed because I'm not the cop.
Sorry I keep not seeing your posts then coming back to answer them and it's kinda awkward but oh well, we'll pretend I have functioning eyeballs or something.

I think Diss was just kinda... Here in day one? It seemed like he was dipping his feet in.
I... Hadn't thought about that. That's a scary thought and one that shall have to be taken into account, I suppose.

You are making sense! To be honest I hate choosing between you and Ubik, although I know the likelihood of one of you being part of the mafia team is really high. But you're closer to majority and I can kinda see Ubik's train of thought here a little more clearly than yours.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Death subject!

Post by Inconquerable »

Well, Andy.... make it brutal.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

I’m so nervous to find out the results of today. Ahhhhhhhh vigilantes please pull through!!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Night Three

Post by Andy92 »

Dalinar still wept over the loss of Kaladin Stormblessed. In some ways, Kaladin was like one of Dalinar's own sons. Although Dalinar always felt responsible for protecting his owns sons, Kaladin always protected himself.

"Storm that Herald, I was too injured to be there for him." Dalinar should have started to turn in for the night, but he couldn't rest. He kept staring at the place in the wall where the four Fused has entered through. Dalinar was too caught up in the moment of his Captain's death to fully think about the oddity of that break in. Had that window always been there?

It was in that moment Dalinar noticed something off. Did the window frame move ever so slightly?

"Fetch me a ladder," Dalinar said to Lopen, one of the member's of Captain Kaladin's guard.

As Lopen return, Dalinar set the ladder against the stone wall and began to climb. He reached his hand through the window and-

And his hand passed right through, the window shimmering around his arm.

"What in the world...?" Dalinar was utterly confused. Why would a window he didn't recall always being there act like this?

"Because it's an illusion, Uncle." Jasnah Kholin appeared at the base of the ladder. "I had been inspecting this scene earlier and came to the same conclusion."

"What does it mean?"

"It means we may need to have a talk with our resident Lightweaver. Remove every sphere containing Stormlight from this hallway, and bring me Shallan Davar."

Members of Captain Kaladin's guard brought Shallan into the hallway, now void of Stormlight.

And Jasnah waited.

After some time of questioning that lead to no concrete answers, Shallan took a sharp breath to suck in Stormlight. She began sweating when she realized the spheres in the hallway had all been replaced with light from torches.

"I know what you did, child..." Jasnah said as the Stormlight finally expired from the illusion. The window on the wall disappeared and showed what actually existed behind it.

A stone wall that had been cut free by a Shardblade.

Shallan began to panic. "Fool girl, you turned this cutout section of stone, made by your own blade, into a fake window. You even added an illusion of sound, the sound of shattering glass, to make the entrance sound believable. Those Fused didn't break in due to their own brute force.

"They broke in because you let them in."

Shallan and Jasnah both immediately summoned their Shardblades, clashing them together. The battle raged back and forth in the hallway. Shallan believed she may have a chance to get the upper hand if she could Soulcast the-

Shallan was stabbed in the back by Lift. Her eyes burnt out and turned black.

Storming traitor.

The Knights Radiant stood around the each other in shock. Before their eyes, Shallan Davar was dead.

And she had been leading the Voidbringers right to them.

Inconquerable - Shallan Davar - Traitor and Mafia Member - Has been sent to Shadesmar.

NIGHT THREE BEGINS

There will be no posting in this thread for 24 hours. We will resume the game at 11:00 PM on Thursday. Please send me your night actions if you have any.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - The CHAOS of Night 3

Post by Andy92 »

Jasnah Kholin instructed the guards as they moved Shallan's body to a funeral pyre.

"No offense, Brightness, but does she really deserve a proper Vorin sendoff?" one of the guards asked.

"I don't believe proper Vorin sendoffs make any bit of difference. But this child was once my ward, and she was a dear friend. In some ways I feel this is my fault for failing her. I would see that the child receives a proper ceremony."

"Yes, Brightness, as you wish."

Lopen helped lift Shallan's body onto the pyre, which was storming difficult with only one arm.

A torch was brought in to light the pyre, and Shallan's soul was sent off to the sounds of a traditional Vorin choir singing overhead.

And Jasnah Kholin went off into the night.

Calm. Cool. Calculated. Jasnah Kholin rode out from the city as a woman on a mission. Jasnah knew Shallan. Jasnah knew that Shallan wouldn't simply volunteer to join the Voidbringers on her own.

And Jasnah Kholin was never wrong.

She rode off into the night with a pack of spheres in her pouch. She included a few more in the hidden sleeve of her safe hand, just as a precaution. She had tracked down the hiding place of Re-Shephir.

And tonight Jasnah was determined to kill a Voidbringer.

As Jasnah approached the lair of Re-Shephir, she stared into the void. She walked inside, welcoming the aura of pitch darkness around her. Jasnah shifted her pouch around and opened it up. She took in a sharp breath...

And Jasnah Kholin exploded with light.

Re-Shephir screamed in agony. The Midnight Mother began working furiously in creating dark illusions, giving birth to abominations with her essence so dark, so terrible, so consuming.

Jasnah Kholin smiled.

"You are here, Re-Shephir, but you will not watch me die!"

Jasnah entered Shadesmar, mysterious beads appeared all around her, the souls of each abomination birthed by the Midnight Mother. Jasnah Kholin grabbed one of the beads in her hand.

"You will change." Jasnah demanded.

"I will not change for you."

"You. Will. CHANGE!"

"It is as you say, master."

Outside of Shadesmar, the abomination exploded as it changed forms. The ruby gemstone in Jasnah Kholin's pouch went dark as the Stormlight exited out of it.

And the abomination turned into fire.

Re-Shephir screamed as she burned. Jasnah Kholin remained concentrated, her body hanging in the balance, halfway in and halfway out of Shadesmar. This was how you Soulcasted, by hanging in between two realms.

Jasnah grabbed more beads, forcing them all to change under her command. More and more abominations began exploding into fire. Re-Shephir's entire lair was in danger of collapsing. Jasnah Kholin stood among the flames, her Stormlight healing her flesh as quickly as the fire burned it away.

Jasnah was running low on Stormlight. She released the emergency spheres from the sleeve of her safe hand, sucking in the last bit of light she had. Jasnah dashed away from Re-Shephir's lair, the Stormlight slightly enhancing her speed. She made it outside at the last possible moment, as her Stormlight exhausted quickly from the constant stream of healing it had to feed to her body.

Jasnah breathed heavily. She turned around to see the work she had done, the darkness of the void consuming itself with flames.

Rest well, my sweet, sweet child. I am sorry.

The Dissident - Re-Shephir, the Midnight Mother (Mafia) - Has been sent to Shadesmar.

Meanwhile...

Wit took a stroll during the night, enjoying the scents of the evening air. Sometimes the world spoke to you through smells. The fresh scent of spring flowers...did not appear. Wit always hated that about this planet. Just a bunch of rock, perhaps even a little dirt and sand to liven the mood.

An ugly-lizard-crab thing began relieving itself across the plain.

"Ah, that's the kind of smell I expect from this place." Wit sat down on a rock and pulled out his flute, preparing to play a song.

"At least I can influence the sounds of this place, even if I can't influence the smells." Wit began to play.

A random passerby approached in the following minutes, intrigued to hear the sound of music playing outside during this dark hour.

"I have an audience, wonderful!" Wit exclaimed as he began to tell a story through song.

"Tell me, kind stranger, what would you say is the most valuable thing in life?"

The man had a pensive look on his face. About a minute later, he answered. "I believe the most valuable thing in life is innovation."

"That is quite a good answer." Wit continued playing softly. "But tell me, what happens when someone comes up with a very innovative idea, yet they don't share it with the world? And then sometime later, maybe a week, a month, or even a year, someone else comes up with the exact same idea. The second person to come up with this innovation publishes their work in an academic journal for all to see, and they become the sole great mind to produce this innovation. Tell me, what happens to the first innovator?"

"Well, I suppose they are forgotten, or simply not believed to be the original innovator if they try to publish their work now," the stranger replied.

"Precisely. Now tell me, do you still believe that innovation is the most valuable thing in life?" The melody coming from Wit's flute began to change as he awaited the stranger's response.

"I suppose it isn't...do you know the answer to this question?" asked the stranger.

"Most certainly not," Wit dropped his flute. "But I do know a better answer. You see, nobody cared about the first innovator because they did not act fast enough. We don't really value knowledge and innovation, we only value the time in which this knowledge becomes accessible to us. If the first innovator had only been more timely, then they would have been lauded as a genius. But because of their lack of...timeliness, they are no more special than you or I."

All of a sudden, the sky began to rumble fiercely. Storm clouds formed together in packs, and they produced a blinding red lightning. Rhythms in the distance began to chant an ominous phrase.

Odium reigns.

The random stranger began to tremble, backing away from the strange storyteller and musician. He covered his face in his hands due to the blinding red lightning, but peaked through a crack between two fingers to see Wit now standing upright, face looking towards the sky.

"You see, I once had a friend. Well, not that I would call him a friend, more of an acquaintance. Scratch that, I loathed the fellow. Anyways, I have been running away from him for some matter of time now. Do you remember how we discussed the importance of timeliness? Well, you should proceed to leave this area in a timely manner.

"For my time has just run out."

The random stranger sprinted off in a panic. He looked over his shoulder to catch one last glimpse of the scene in the now near distance.

The strange storyteller and musician was struck down by that blinding red lightning. Chants grew louder in the thunder.

Odium reigns.
Odium reigns.
Odium reigns.

Ubik - Wit (Cop) - Has been sent to Shadesmar.

Meanwhile...

Szeth-son-son-Vallano sat perched high above the clouds on the top of Urithiru, home of the Knights Radiant. His abilities allowed him to fly, or rather, fall upwards. It was a nice power to have, especially on nights like this when one had a big decision to make. A substance that looked like black smoke was growing farther and farther up his arm. His weapon, Nightblood, was destroying him slowly.

And tonight, Nightblood was going to kill him.

What is wrong with you?!? We are supposed to DESTROY EVIL! The voice of the sword sounded in Szeth's mind.

"I have destroyed enough in my time. An assassin owned by many, I never could make my own choices. I still live with screams in my head, voices of those whom I have killed."

Ooooookay but listen, we have a chance to destroy some more evil and-

"No, my time has come. My, our, destructive capabilities are too great. It would be best if I-"

No, listen to me! He is out there, murdering innocents left and right. He just struck down the nice flute player with a lightning bolt! Who kills a flute player?!?

"I..." Szeth looked out into the distance and could see a storm, red lightning swallowed the rest of the sky.

Words echoed in Szeth's mind, but this time not from Nightblood.

I swear to seek justice, to let it guide me, until I find a more perfect Ideal.

In that moment, something changed inside of Szeth. A calm storm that had been building up inside for many years was begging to overflow. He looked down at his arm and saw the black smoke inching its way closer to his shoulder.

Szeth looked at Nightblood. "Would you like to destroy a god tonight?"

Oooooohhhhh the evil god?!? Boy would I ever!!!!!

And Szeth lashed across the sky, heading straight for the center of the storm with red lightning.

On the other side of the plains, Odium looked upon the body of Wit. A man he once knew in a former life was finally dead after years and years of searching. As the Everstorm that Odium controlled moved across the plains, Odium looked upon Urithiru, home of the Knights Radiant. He would direct his final assault upon that tower, unleashing an army of Fused upon all that opposed him.

A small streak of white light shot across the sky, heading right towards Odium.

And he began to hear a voice.

DESTROYYYYYYYY EVILLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Szeth lashed directly into the heard of the storm with Nightblood drawn. The sword began inhaling the storm around him. Nightblood was no normal sword that simply cut through everything in its path. It utterly vanquished everything in its path.

And tonight, Nightblood began to vanquish a god.

The storm raged on and on throughout the sky. Red lighting released in a frenzy of complete madness. Rocks split open upon impact. Trembling in the sky was heard from the lands of Azir to Alethkar. Odium unleashed his might frantically. What kind of weapon was he fighting?

DESTROYYYYYYYY EVILLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Szeth let out a gasp and began to fall to the ground. He caught himself moments before impact by performing a quarter lashing in the upwards direction, causing him to levitate slowly towards the ground below. Szeth looked at his arm, and the black smoke was gone. Nightblood, on the other hand, was beaming with wisps of the black smoke. Szeth carefully sheathed the weapon.

"We...we did it. We killed the leader of the Voidbringers."

Yeahhhh but that's also kind of a bummer. Did we run out of evil to destroy?

Szeth-son-son-Vallano fell on his back, looked up at the sky, and for the first time in a very, very long time...

He smiled.

zazthespaz - Odium (Mafia) - Has been sent to Shadesmar.

The game has concluded in a win for the Knights Radiant!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Are you available for D&D?

Post by zazthespaz »

Good game everyone! This was fun! I was going to say I'm killing Ubik right off the bat next time because he foils all my plans, but then I remembered we tried doing that this time and were blocked. :mope

Confession regarding Ubik's edited Timo investigation claim - Inconquerable told me about it, I slept right through it but I couldn't say that without giving her role away. I was grasping at straws at that point so any turbulence I could throw I was going to use.

This was a fun one, well done Andy - nice game moderating!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Is Stormlight D&D a thing?

Post by Andy92 »

Appreciate it! I’ll post all the night actions sometime tomorrow. I love these books so thanks to everyone for a lot of fun (and letting me indulge a bit).

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Jasnah is so awesome.

I guess we have the SA endgame spoilers now, Szeth kills Odium, the end.

Great game everyone, I enjoyed it despite the headaches of day 3 lol. I think insta-killing Ubik would be for the best in future games :P
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Tired subject!

Post by Inconquerable »

Great game, everybody! Congratulations to the townies on a well deserved win. And thank you to the mafia team for A) sending me the offer on night one, and B) putting up with my incessant messages. Everybody thinks I post too much in the thread, give me a live chat and it's a whole different ballgame. Also special shoutout to Julianna for doing so well in her first game! I hope you'll come back to play more. =)

Micky you're hosting the next one right? Any chance we could have a solid break before starting?

Amazing job hosting, Andy. Honestly the stories were all top notch, and you put up with a lot of annoying questions from someone (won't name names, that would be INCriminating...). I hope you enjoyed yourself through it all.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Are you available for D&D?

Post by Timotheus »

zazthespaz wrote:Good game everyone! This was fun! I was going to say I'm killing Ubik right off the bat next time because he foils all my plans, but then I remembered we tried doing that this time and were blocked. :mope
:D

Great game by everybody! And great job on the story-telling, Andy!

Woo townies! :beer
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Nicely done Lotha and Silver! Thanks to Timo for the night 1 save. Great game by everyone, it was intense. And awesome job on the write-ups, Andy! And thanks for putting up with my incessant mechanics questions (though also your fault.)
zazthespaz wrote:Confession regarding Ubik's edited Timo investigation claim - Inconquerable told me about it, I slept right through it but I couldn't say that without giving her role away. I was grasping at straws at that point so any turbulence I could throw I was going to use.
That sounds about right :lol Sorry again for the unfounded slight accusation of cheating! My brain was in hyper-paranoid mode but that was bad.
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

YAY!!!
Atta boy Andy, bringing the A+ game with all the writing here! Good times had by all!