"Mommy Issues"-A Mr. Mercedes Mafia Game

Talk about anything and everything here.
Micky
On The Rail

"Mommy Issues"-A Mr. Mercedes Mafia Game

Post by Micky »

Mr Mercedes mafia

It was a cold winter night and a large group of people wait outside of a job fair, the country is on the brink of another depression and jobs are hard to find. Theres hundreds of people in line, all desperate to provide for their families.

Behind the crowd of people, a car pulls up-headlights off. It’s a dark blue mercedes, The engine roars and those in line turn to see what’s happening, when all of a sudden the car roars forward, running over and killing many in the crowd. People scream and run as best they can, but for the majority of the crowd, their time is up.

The car comes to a halt, bodies everywhere and the hood covered in blood. The driver door opens and out steps a man in a clown mask, laughing. He runs off into the night, never to be seen again.

Det. Bill Hodges and his parter Det. Peter Hundley are the detectives on the case, but have little-to no leads. The case goes cold and Hodges retires due to the stress of the job. However, he still gets letters, emails and messages from the Mr. Mercedes killer. And now, Mr. Mercedes won’t stop until he gets Hodges to either kill him...or himself.

Detective Bill Hodges- Detective Bill Hodges is a retired homicide detective and the deadly Mr. Mercedes is the only one of his cases to ever go cold and it haunts him to this day. He is a closeted alcoholic, and when he drinks he has a nasty temper. He has a direct contact with Mr. Mercedes via the social media app “Debbie’s Blue Umbrella”(will either be a private discord room or something similar), where they message back and forth taunting each other. Sometimes Hodges says something to hostile that it can trigger Mercedes to kill someone during night AND day phase. If Brady elects to kill someone during the day phase, Hodges is given the opportunity to protect 1 player in the same day phase. He will be given a clue as to who that person is, but not the exact name. (Once per game) Hodges is also the ASSHOLE role. If anyone attempts to kill the Asshole, the Asshole will live and the Asshole's target will die instead. (THIS ONLY WORKS ONCE)

MAFIA Brady Hartsfield- The Mr Mercedes killer. He interacts with Detective Hodges, taunting him, via the social media app “Debbie’s Blue Umbrella”, taunting him and mocking him for being a deadbeat drunk. If Hodges angers Hartsfield enough, he has the ability to kill one person per night and can kill someone in a day phase ONCE in the game. If Brady is to be targeted during a day phase, his mother can sacrifice herself in his honor (The players will switch roles)

Holly Gibney (encryptor)- A slightly “off” young lady who has severe trust issues and socializing issues. She is just learning to trust people and is quite fond of Bill. She does anything she can to help him with his investigation into the Mr. Mercedes killer, including encrypting someone’s computer. Holly can encrypt 1 persons computer per night, protecting their identity and faking their identity to make them look like someone else.

Jerome- Jerome is Hodges right hand man and his unofficial partner. He will to anything to protect the people he cares about, if Jerome feels someone is in danger, he can protect them in the night phase. (Doc role)

MAFIA Deborah Hartsfield- Brady's mom. Her and Brady are sexually involved and contemplating having a secret marriage. If Brady is targeted in the night phase, his mom will die in his place.

MAFIA Lou Linklater- Lou is brady’s coworker at the electronic store. She and Brady are close, as close to a friend as Brady has. Unknowingly assists Brady in his crimes by providing him information about clients at the electronic store. Can investigate players and reveal their identity to Brady and his mother during the night phase, however, whoever they investigate on that night cannot be killed until the following phase via lynching in day phase or killed in the night phase.

Det. Pete Huntley- Bill's former partner who is concerned for his well being, He thinks his friend is on the verge of killing himself, so Pete will stop at nothing to keep his friend safe. Pete is still an active cop, so he can investigate 1 person per night.

Janey- Bill's girlfriend. Her sister committed suicide due to being stalked by Mr. Mercedes. She has been trying to understand just what happened to her sister for 6 months now. She is the follower. The Follower may each night target a player and learn what form of action they took that night (investigation, protection, killing, etc). She may reveal that information at any point in the game on starting on the following day phase.

Ida Silver (BFF Role)- Bill's neighbor. The BFFs are best friends that know each other's roles from the beginning of the game, though they do not have the ability to communicate privately with each other.

Allie Hodges (innocent child)- Bill’s daughter. The innocent Child may at any point during the game request to be confirmed as a town-aligned player by the host.
Thanks Andy!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: "Mommy Issues"-A Mr. Mercedes Mafia Game

Post by Andy92 »

I’ll get the signups rolling. :D

/signmeup
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

/signmeup!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "I AM A RIVER" "NO U"

Post by zazthespaz »

Going to hold off on signing up for now since I assume I'll be travelling when this game gets going. I'm all for watching Andy and Timo play a game with just the two of them though and seeing who wins.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

:D Might be the longest game ever actually.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Might have turn it into a LOTR-themed game then. I'll be Aragorn, Andy can either be Arwen or Eowyn and one of us is secretly an orc.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Excellent writing! I must say the ASSHOLE.. rule.. really makes me want to sign up! :cheers

But I’m working so much on this new contract. I only have time to drive.. work.. eat... sleep.. and repeat!