What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Micky
On The Rail

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by Micky »

My condo complex sent out an email telling us all we are not allowed to have anything in the window, no welcome signs, nor wind chimes because people have complained about "offensive" signs in the window.

So, I asked my neighbor Charlie, who is on the board of homeowners, who sends out the letters. He said other tenants have complained about the "Thank you Healthcare heroes!" and stuff like that in peoples windows.

I mean, literally WHAT THE FUCK. Charlie was just as annoyed as I was. He said it was the dumbest complaint he have ever heard. So, we, as well as a bunch of us are flat out refusing to take down out welcome flag in the mini garden outside our front door. It has a cardinal on it and says welcome. How is that offensive? Probably because secretly nobody is welcome here.

But seriously there are more important things going on in the world right now. We need unity more than ever.
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: cry at the joke, laugh at the rage; and I'll pray for the better days

Post by zazthespaz »

My roommate of 5 years is moving in with his girlfriend. I asked our landlord about getting a lease for myself at the end of July. She told me to go through the realtor. Today I found out through said Realtor after 2.5 weeks of back and forth that my apartment is being given to the landlord's family, assumedly at the end of the month. This gives me less than 2 and a half weeks to pack all my stuff and find a new place to live, all while working a temp job that ends in 3 weeks.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: is it legal?

Post by Timotheus »

How is that even legal?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Move in with your friend and his girlfriend. Problem solved.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Andy92 wrote:Move in with your friend and his girlfriend. Problem solved.
I told him to come stay with me and Joella.
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Because who doesn't love a moist heat?!

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote:How is that even legal?
It's only my roommate's name on the lease so I've got no legal rights to the place. I could probably try some squatter's rights thing but I doubt the effort would be worth it. Probably going to move down to Texas and live with my parents until I can find a new job.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Micky wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Move in with your friend and his girlfriend. Problem solved.
I told him to come stay with me and Joella.
I would invite him to live with me and my girlfriend but uh...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Summer, ignore this one.

Post by zazthespaz »

Pamela Handerson??!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Even if Colorado were the last state on Earth?

Post by gbruin »

You're always welcome here, z.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Greg took the Myles/Slash song literally.

Post by zazthespaz »

Thanks G! Let's be honest though, I will undoubtedly get lost.

How are you doing with the fires though? I was talking with an aunt in Boulder last night - I had no idea there were 1) fires in the area 2) that many fires.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Meet me in Albany on Tuesday and fly back with me.

Post by gbruin »

There are 5 major ones in the state right now. We get a bunch of wildfires every year in the summer. It gets really hot and dry and the forests are vulnerable to lightning strikes and stupid humans, and we get a lot of each of those in the summer. We have a lot of smoke in the sky and I've even seen a few ashes falling, but the fires are in pretty remote areas I don't think many/any homes have been threatened.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The fact that I will be moving by mid-October to a new house thats nowhere near where we are currently so I will have to start over with no friends and no job in a new location :slam

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I mean, it's not to Houston, right?

Post by gbruin »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:The fact that I will be moving by mid-October to a new house thats nowhere near where we are currently so I will have to start over with no friends and no job in a new location :slam
Yeah, that can be hard, but you're a good guy, Shea, so I'm sure you'll find your space quickly. How far are you moving?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: I mean, it's not to Houston, right?

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:The fact that I will be moving by mid-October to a new house thats nowhere near where we are currently so I will have to start over with no friends and no job in a new location :slam
Yeah, that can be hard, but you're a good guy, Shea, so I'm sure you'll find your space quickly. How far are you moving?
Nah its still in the same province :lol but its now a ferry ride away on another island so welp :lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Uncommon gear grinder.

Sometimes I get panic attacks. Not very commonly, maybe 1-2 every year, but it does happen.

Yesterday I had one pretty early in the morning. I didn’t feel great afterwards, felt a little tightness in my chest, so I decided to cut my work day short to get myself checked. EKG was normal, BP was normal, and lungs were normal.

What grinds my gear is that, according to the people I have communicated this to, I am apparently having an existential crisis. Like I must be holding on to some big emotional stressor I just need to get off my chest. But the thing is, I’m not... Life is no more stressful than normal right now.

While it’s nice to have people reach out with well wishes, I feel like I’m being treated as if I’m a ticking time bomb. Very uneasy feeling...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I tend to think it's the opposite of what your confidantes are suggesting, AB, both from personal experience and from seeing people in the ER every day with anxiety related issues.

When there is one big emotional stressor, people know that it's there and what it is. Sometimes they don't want to necessarily admit it, but they still know what it is when they really are honest with themselves. Much more common and more insidious is the summation of a bunch of small things. It's not one thing that overwhelms the rest, but the steady slow addition and existence of multiple small things than alone wouldn't cause much effect. It's like a flood from an open pipe versus an stealthy slow steady drip. The open pipe is immediately obvious and so it gets addressed right away. It can cause a lot of initial damage but it gets fixed quickly. The slow steady drip goes undetected and can actually cause much more cumulative damage in the long run.

Either way, recognize the symptoms (which you have done) and take the steps necessary to fix the source when you know it, or mitigate the effects when you don't. Hang in there, amigo.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

My last day at work was today and Im sad and depressed about leaving that job and anxious and sad and depressed about moving 2.5 hrs away from my current house in 12 days or so :slam :smashcomp

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Uncommon gear grinder.

Sometimes I get panic attacks. Not very commonly, maybe 1-2 every year, but it does happen.

Yesterday I had one pretty early in the morning. I didn’t feel great afterwards, felt a little tightness in my chest, so I decided to cut my work day short to get myself checked. EKG was normal, BP was normal, and lungs were normal.

What grinds my gear is that, according to the people I have communicated this to, I am apparently having an existential crisis. Like I must be holding on to some big emotional stressor I just need to get off my chest. But the thing is, I’m not... Life is no more stressful than normal right now.

While it’s nice to have people reach out with well wishes, I feel like I’m being treated as if I’m a ticking time bomb. Very uneasy feeling...
Man, I am absolutely always here for you to talk. Seriously.

I have panic attacks quite regularly, in fact. There has been many times I have thought about going to the hospital, etc for mine. I get them randomly, but much like you, I am not stressing over any particular emotional stresser. So, I am truly here for you.

The stigma around panic attacks, anxiety attacks, etc is ridiculous and people who do not experience them, simply do not understand, so if they don't understand they turn it into you being weak, etc.

You're not. You're stong, and I'm here for you.
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

This is so far beyond political differences.

Post by gbruin »

The mother fucker in chief suggesting that covid numbers are artificially inflated by doctors who are profiteering from it. His hubris and dishonesty and negligence as the country's "leader" has contributed to tens of thousands of excess deaths with no end in sight. And he offers up this bullshit to deflect the blame?

Fuck you, Trump. And fuck anyone who believes you.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: This is probably a bad time to bring up the lack of PhD right?

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:The mother fucker in chief suggesting that covid numbers are artificially inflated by doctors who are profiteering from it. His hubris and dishonesty and negligence as the country's "leader" has contributed to tens of thousands of excess deaths with no end in sight. And he offers up this bullshit to deflect the blame?

Fuck you, Trump. And fuck anyone who believes you.
We believe you G & got your back! And anyone who believes that doctors are just profiteers is more than welcome to not go to them for medical help!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says