What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

It sort of applies to all people in general, too

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:26 pm The fact that girls are so unpredictable and I'll never understand how their minds work.
Good. Once you accept that and just do your honest best and don't expect anything in return, you're on exactly the right path.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: hot toddies everyday.

Post by zazthespaz »

Crumbso wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:42 pm ......and now I've got COVID.
That sucks man, hope it's not too bad. Take the time to relax as much as possible as long as you've got to quarantine!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by Crumbso »

Cheers guys. I'm surviving. I'm still too ill and positive to go to the Devin Townsend gig tonight :facepalm :slam

I've had that booked for months.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Having to deal with credit card fraud for the 2nd time in 1 year. :slam

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

The NHL Department of "Player Safety" is the biggest joke in professional sports. Parros needs to be unemployed yesterday. Their behavior seriously calls into question the legitimacy of the sport. F those guys.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Car adverts that show cars on completely empty roads should be banned. False advertising :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

People that, on the surface, appear to be your genuine friends, only for you to find out they talk behind your back every second they can.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Engine serves as popcorn machine when idling.

Post by zazthespaz »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:19 pm Car adverts that show cars on completely empty roads should be banned. False advertising :lol
The ds would probably be more effective if they showed someone sitting in traffic playing games on the touch screen :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Finals.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I came here to buy toilet bleach and a cucumber. Not electricity.

Post by zazthespaz »

Electricity plan sellers in retail stores. There's a company in my Walmart that sets themselves up in a high traffic area and they grab me 50% of the time (today I was behind some clothes racks trying to avoid them and they came over to me!). I've told them I'm not interested but they find a way to spin my words and pull out their clipboards and show me how they can write dollar signs on a whiteboard. (literally what they do) What really irritates me though is they say "Your electricity company typically sends you an email with your bill, why don't you pull out your phone so we can look?" No. Eat poop.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: I came here to buy toilet bleach and a cucumber. Not electricity.

Post by Dan Dando »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:32 pm Electricity plan sellers in retail stores. There's a company in my Walmart that sets themselves up in a high traffic area and they grab me 50% of the time (today I was behind some clothes racks trying to avoid them and they came over to me!). I've told them I'm not interested but they find a way to spin my words and pull out their clipboards and show me how they can write dollar signs on a whiteboard. (literally what they do) What really irritates me though is they say "Your electricity company typically sends you an email with your bill, why don't you pull out your phone so we can look?" No. Eat poop.
You need to start faking telephone conversations :D

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: can iphones be used for that?

Post by zazthespaz »

Dan Dando wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:16 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:32 pm Electricity plan sellers in retail stores. There's a company in my Walmart that sets themselves up in a high traffic area and they grab me 50% of the time (today I was behind some clothes racks trying to avoid them and they came over to me!). I've told them I'm not interested but they find a way to spin my words and pull out their clipboards and show me how they can write dollar signs on a whiteboard. (literally what they do) What really irritates me though is they say "Your electricity company typically sends you an email with your bill, why don't you pull out your phone so we can look?" No. Eat poop.
You need to start faking telephone conversations :D
I keep telling myself I should tell them I'm already a customer but for some reason that never comes to mind when I'm there :lol Maybe I'll default to the phone conversations instead
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

You know what I don't understand? Why is it that every time I pick my nose, it's full again in a few minutes? Funk dat!

Post by TenaciousBe »

This.... this is a thing? Isn't that considered soliciting and/or loitering? Or is it sanctioned by Walmart somehow? I'm so confused about how this is legal or allowed.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: TABN - 5 Stars, great antique artwork.

Post by zazthespaz »

TenaciousBe wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:19 am
This.... this is a thing? Isn't that considered soliciting and/or loitering? Or is it sanctioned by Walmart somehow? I'm so confused about how this is legal or allowed.
They're there frequently enough and obviously enough that I assume they've been given permission by Walmart to set up shop, so to speak. It's not some corporate shadow op :lol

New gripe: People who leave reviews on Google for apartments when all they did was tour the place. "Rafael gave a great tour, give him a raise! 5 stars!" F off, you're skewing the data that's actually important. I don't look at Google reviews for apartments to see how great of a tour I can get, I look at the reviews to see what living there is going to be like. It's easy to weed them out, but I don't get the logic behind people doing that (aside from employees trying to improve their scores probably). That's like going to a restaurant and leaving a 5 star review only because the host smiled and said both hello and goodbye. Great, but how was the food?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

@Zaz

I agree with you. It’s the same for idiots that leave 5 out of 5 star reviews on the 2003 cat in the hat movie on RT as a joke. They put stuff like: “This movie is the best ever! When the cat said “it’s catting time! I clapped!”.

Idiots! Stop ruining the data! If those dumb idiots want to post dishonest movie reviews/comments like that just go to YouTube. Stop skewing the RT review data.

Also another thing that bothers me is the stupid term butt rock. It’s just some dumb slang word that ppl came up with that means a song sucks or is generic or you don’t like it.

It’s dumb. Just say that you think the song sucks like a normal person.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

12 year old girl hormones. I thought the sitcom trope of the teenage girl who gets set off and screams bloody murder over the smallest thing was a joke.

It's no joke, y'all. Send help.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

TenaciousBe wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:22 pm 12 year old girl hormones. I thought the sitcom trope of the teenage girl who gets set off and screams bloody murder over the smallest thing was a joke.

It's no joke, y'all. Send help.
Batten down the hatches until she's 18! This teenage ride doesn't stop for anyone.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Damn incompletely connected prefrontal cortex

Post by gbruin »

^^^ Truth.

It's a lot like driving a crappy jeep road through the Rocky Mountains - you need to keep your eyes tight to the road for all the boulders and ruts and edges and dropoffs, but don't forget to stop and take in the amazing scenery that's out there too. One can get so caught up looking forward to the end of teenage years that you forget to enjoy the good and exciting times (new schools, friends, prom, dates, events, driving, etc) along the way. Just know that's it's normal, support your daughter (and Lisa and yourself) the best you can, and know that this is a part of the road unlike any other. And it goes by a lot faster than you think.

And cocktails when everyone else has gone to bed. Those help too. ;)

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Miserable days in college. That's what. It was inevitable that one was bound to happen soon, and today was the day.

We didn't finish our circuits lab this morning, and we'll have to go back sometime during the week to finish it.

We had a career fair this morning, and my dad was there representing his company. I spent about half an hour there with him and his coworker in between classes, observing how students interested in working there talked to them. One of them was this drop-dead cute girl. She mentioned that she's from a neighboring town of our hometown, and she went to the same high school I did. She told me she recognized me from somewhere, but couldn't remember where. I likewise don't remember seeing her around. Anyway, she left after a while, and once I left the career fair, I pretty much beat myself up for not getting her number or social media or anything.

In other girl news, I'm in a research project group in my International Relations class with three girls. I totally would make moves on them, except they're all taken. Why does life have to torture me like that?

I had a nosebleed yesterday, and now every time I sneeze (which is pretty often lately) poses the risk of starting it back up again.

My Tuesday schedule is really crowded, which forces me to skip breakfast and only gives me a short break around noon when all I can eat is a few muffins, i.e. not a full lunch. Those of you that remember my scare back in May when I didn't eat for over 24 hours may know that I consider this a huge problem. Given all the other things that happened today, it just made me feel extra miserable.

The most unusual thing, however, happened in the afternoon. Both my roommate and I went to sleep for about three hours after my last class of the day. Shortly after I woke up, I heard our door open and someone say "Pink Cactus" in a mocking tone. That was the name my bullies called me a year ago when I was the victim of a major cyberbullying scandal that spilled over into in-person campus life. Why he thought of bringing that up a year after it died down, I don't know. How he found which room I'm in, I also don't know. That part's the worst. So I had a talk with my resident assistant about it, and given the nature of the situation, he said that he will have to file an incident report. Only later, I found out that he can't because he doesn't know who it was that opened my door to say that.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

So some good news and bad news related to what happened yesterday.
maximzub wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:52 pm We didn't finish our circuits lab this morning, and we'll have to go back sometime during the week to finish it.
We're finishing it tomorrow morning.
maximzub wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:52 pm We had a career fair this morning, and my dad was there representing his company. I spent about half an hour there with him and his coworker in between classes, observing how students interested in working there talked to them. One of them was this drop-dead cute girl. She mentioned that she's from a neighboring town of our hometown, and she went to the same high school I did. She told me she recognized me from somewhere, but couldn't remember where. I likewise don't remember seeing her around. Anyway, she left after a while, and once I left the career fair, I pretty much beat myself up for not getting her number or social media or anything.
I found her on Instagram. Followed her. She followed me back. But she has a boyfriend of 5 years. Another missed opportunity.
maximzub wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:52 pm In other girl news, I'm in a research project group in my International Relations class with three girls. I totally would make moves on them, except they're all taken. Why does life have to torture me like that?
Nothing new about this today.
maximzub wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:52 pm I had a nosebleed yesterday, and now every time I sneeze (which is pretty often lately) poses the risk of starting it back up again.
Well...I'm sick. Got a cough now too. I had to cancel band practice because of it. More on the band later....
maximzub wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:52 pm My Tuesday schedule is really crowded, which forces me to skip breakfast and only gives me a short break around noon when all I can eat is a few muffins, i.e. not a full lunch. Those of you that remember my scare back in May when I didn't eat for over 24 hours may know that I consider this a huge problem. Given all the other things that happened today, it just made me feel extra miserable.
Well, at least that wasn't a problem today. I ate three full meals.
maximzub wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:52 pm The most unusual thing, however, happened in the afternoon. Both my roommate and I went to sleep for about three hours after my last class of the day. Shortly after I woke up, I heard our door open and someone say "Pink Cactus" in a mocking tone. That was the name my bullies called me a year ago when I was the victim of a major cyberbullying scandal that spilled over into in-person campus life. Why he thought of bringing that up a year after it died down, I don't know. How he found which room I'm in, I also don't know. That part's the worst. So I had a talk with my resident assistant about it, and given the nature of the situation, he said that he will have to file an incident report. Only later, I found out that he can't because he doesn't know who it was that opened my door to say that.
Nothing new here either.

And something completely new is...

...the Platteville band is done. Hunter can't find time to practice, on his own or with us. Josiah says he'd like to keep it casual and not play any shows. This goes against the very reasons why I started the band. So it's done. I feel like trying to find new people, but it seems like there are absolutely zero musicians close to my age in the area that are as invested in music as I am. It's like I'm forever cursed to not be in a band.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!