What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by Merinda »

Dolo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:32 am
Merinda wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:08 am Youtube links don't work for me in here for some reason. I've tried to insert a couple into a post and it doesn't display as a playable video, just text. Annoying.
Try clicking on 'Share' under a YouTube video, copy the link but remove '?feature=shared' and put that between [YouTube][/YouTube] thingy.

You, sir, are the stuff legends are made of.

THANK YOU.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I'll call Ryan and tell him to fix it immediately.

Post by zazthespaz »

Dolo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:32 am
Merinda wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:08 am Youtube links don't work for me in here for some reason. I've tried to insert a couple into a post and it doesn't display as a playable video, just text. Annoying.
Try clicking on 'Share' under a YouTube video, copy the link but remove '?feature=shared' and put that between [YouTube][/YouTube] thingy.

Yeah, but if that doesn't work, post it anyway and I'll look at the post. Alternatively, quote Dolo and copy his Youtube tags & replace the URL.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Merinda
Sig Queen

No need to call in the big guns

Post by Merinda »

Dolo's explanation worked for me.

CLEARLY no one has bothered reading my new post in other bands.

Jerks.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: No need to call in the big guns

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:42 pm Dolo's explanation worked for me.

CLEARLY no one has bothered reading my new post in other bands.

Jerks.
I read it Min! :D

at least now Im not one of the jerks.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: No need to call in the big guns

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:12 am I read it Min! :D

at least now Im not one of the jerks.
My dude! :cheers

You were never one of the jerks

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Doing Inventory at work/having to count my entire department. Skipped the December one so January has 2 and one was on the 5th and the next one is already this Friday :pout :slam

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I had a wisdom tooth out like... 2 weeks go which turned into dry socket. It's been annoying.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: I'm meeeeeeeelting

Post by Merinda »

The lights and air con just went out at work and it's a 35c (95f) day.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Health issues seem to be out of control in my family at the moment:
  • Me: Hernia (finally got the NHS to agree to get it sorted), unshiftable cough (on antibiotics), 1 flu and 2 colds this calendar year, sleep apnea (getting looked at), formerly depressed as hell but currently able to take a view of acceptance
  • My partner: Hates her job that constantly takes more of her time every month and showing signs of extreme stress and long range breakdown.... still won't leave her job (this has happened before)
  • Aunt: Already wheelchair disabled and now has breast cancer (treatment of which is complicated by existing conditions)
  • Mother-in-Law: Stomach bacteria has left her unable to eat anything but plain rice, always in pain and worrying for her life, lost weight etc. (treatment course complete but apparently takes months to get back to normal)
  • Sister: Massively stressed and depressed and suffering physically for it
  • Brother-in-Law: Depressed but won't admit to himself and constantly fighting with and putting down my sister
  • Brother-in-Law's Dad: Colon cancer (in treatment)
  • Mother: Food poisoning
  • Great Aunt: Got dementia and keeps falling over, repeated hospital stays make her worse mentally every time
....and my transition to grey hair is accelerating at an alarming rate. My 30s are for sure the most challenging decade of my life thus far.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

What grinds my gears? I started out the year working on my health (as is tradition), been meticulously counting my calories, keeping a pretty hefty deficit every day, and I've managed to lose maybe 5-6 pounds total. Like, it should be falling off me, and it's not. I do my weekly weigh-in on Mondays, and at the last one, I was down to 244 (started at 51), but the last couple days I've checked it and it popped back up to 46 again. This is just baloney.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:21 pm Health issues seem to be out of control in my family at the moment:
....and my transition to grey hair is accelerating at an alarming rate. My 30s are for sure the most challenging decade of my life thus far.
Oh my gosh, crumbso, when it rains it really f'ing pours sometimes. I'm so sorry you and all your family are going through this. Wishing for the best and for some positive health soon for you and yours.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Gah Crumbs, all the best to you all to get through to the other side of the tunnel soon.

On the virus front there's definitely something annoying going around, as I'm on my third one since mid-December and very, very tired of it.
For all of the hope that it brings...

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

When I am the Patient!

Post by MaraCarr »

I was in ICU recently with some heart issues. I was a terrible patient. I had IV's in both hands, I could not function. I just laid there in the hospital bed at 3 am staring at my phone. I could not pick it up or text or scroll due to the IV threads in each of my hands.

I actually almost died. It gave me a new perspective on my life. I laid there alone in ICU and contemplated leaving this earth and begged God to give me time to get things right with my kids. I don't want to leave them with any debt or unfinished business that was caused by me. I want to leave this earth better than the way I came into it. I want to leave my kids something they will be proud of because of me.

He heard my prayer and let me live. I have some things to do. God Bless You Guys. Hugs

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

When I am the Patient!

Post by MaraCarr »

I was in ICU recently with some heart issues. I was a terrible patient. I had IV's in both hands, I could not function. I just laid there in the hospital bed at 3 am staring at my phone. I could not pick it up or text or scroll due to the IV threads in each of my hands. I was cold but the cover was at the end of the bed. I was ALONE.

I actually almost died. It gave me a new perspective on my life. I laid there ALONE in ICU and contemplated leaving this earth and begged God to give me time to get things right with my kids. I don't want to leave them with any debt or unfinished business that was caused by me. I want to leave this earth better than the way I came into it. I want to leave my kids something they will be proud of because of me.

He heard my prayer and let me live. I have some things to do. God Bless You Guys. Hugs and take care of each other! It is so important.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: When I am the Patient!

Post by Andy92 »

MaraCarr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:19 pm I was in ICU recently with some heart issues. I was a terrible patient. I had IV's in both hands, I could not function. I just laid there in the hospital bed at 3 am staring at my phone. I could not pick it up or text or scroll due to the IV threads in each of my hands. I was cold but the cover was at the end of the bed. I was ALONE.

I actually almost died. It gave me a new perspective on my life. I laid there ALONE in ICU and contemplated leaving this earth and begged God to give me time to get things right with my kids. I don't want to leave them with any debt or unfinished business that was caused by me. I want to leave this earth better than the way I came into it. I want to leave my kids something they will be proud of because of me.

He heard my prayer and let me live. I have some things to do. God Bless You Guys. Hugs and take care of each other! It is so important.
So sorry to hear about what you’ve been going through, but it’s great to hear you pulled through it all okay. We never really know how long we have and moments like this can be a somber reminder.

Hope you continue to do well with your health moving forward.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

MaraCarr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:19 pm I was in ICU recently with some heart issues. I was a terrible patient. I had IV's in both hands, I could not function. I just laid there in the hospital bed at 3 am staring at my phone. I could not pick it up or text or scroll due to the IV threads in each of my hands. I was cold but the cover was at the end of the bed. I was ALONE.

Oh my gosh, that's terrifying. I'm so glad you pulled through. A second chance is the biggest blessing we can have.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I've been thinking about you and where you've been. I'm so sorry you went through all that, and I'm very grateful you made it through.

I'm also pretty certain you've already made this earth far better than when you came into it, so don't stress that part. Your kids and your career are proof. Anything more you do is just extra icing.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Hang in there everybody! Crumbs, TB, and Mara! I went through my serious health issues back in 2017. It can and WILL get better! Don't get discouraged!
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Merinda wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:03 pm

Oh my gosh, that's terrifying. I'm so glad you pulled through. A second chance is the biggest blessing we can have.
So true...
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I was lying down on my bed to watch some anime on my laptop and somehow ended up slipping and falling face first into my laptop and chipped a front tooth and a little bit of my laptop where my tooth hit it. Now I gotta go to the dentist to get my chip fixed.