What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by Dan Dando »

Timotheus wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:52 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:39 pm
Andy92 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:31 pm
Timotheus wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:30 pm I don't know about you guys, but if there were bear attacks over here, I think I'd be in favor of trying to do something about it. I'd might even form an alliance with my upstair neighbour.

Wouldn't want to hurt the bear's feelings though.
You’re supposed to let the bear eat your foot so you can save your hand, duh.
The right answer is to leave the bear alone :lol
The bear is currently napping, digesting the neighbor's three years old daughter. Might as well take a nap as well.
If you go back to my original (and admittedly daft) analogy, I compared US/NATO provocation/aggression towards Russia to... poking the bear. I feel Russia is a bear that we should have left alone.

Remember, Ukraine and Russia parted ways peacefully through a referendum not that long ago. The US started to get their hooks into Ukraine only months later.

I don't know what the answer is now Russia has bitten back, so to speak.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Anyway, I'm happy to leave it there if you are. We can let the topic return to everyday gripes :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Dan Dando wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:11 pm Anyway, I'm happy to leave it there if you are. We can let the topic return to everyday gripes :lol
:cheers
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Timotheus wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:21 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:11 pm Anyway, I'm happy to leave it there if you are. We can let the topic return to everyday gripes :lol
:cheers
:)

Likewise, Andy 92. Apologies if I came across as hostile at any point during the last couple pages :cheers

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Dan Dando wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:24 pm Likewise, Andy 92. Apologies if I came across as hostile at any point during the last couple pages :cheers
It’s all good man, no harm here. I know it’s a multi-layered, complex topic. At the end of the day everyone just wants the war to end and the suffering to stop.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Trying to get into, out of and around London whilst the train worker strikes are going on. I support their cause but fuck me is it irritating to not be able to trust the schedules and just randomly find your train cancelled and then needing to ride the bloody night bus for an hour to get to Clapham or some other awful place, all whilst drunk people argue and fight about pointless rubbish.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: The straw that broke the camel's back.

Post by zazthespaz »

The hot news anchor moved from the evening news to the morning news. I hate it here.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: The straw that broke the camel's back.

Post by AB4Lyfe »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:44 pm The hot news anchor moved from the evening news to the morning news. I hate it here.
Ooof, you’re down bad.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I mean, you're not wrong...

Post by zazthespaz »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:13 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:44 pm The hot news anchor moved from the evening news to the morning news. I hate it here.
Ooof, you’re down bad.
:lol shut up :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The spinning Towers of Blades in God of War 1. I tried to climb them for 3+ hours tonight and only made it up the first one. I was getting close to wanting to throw something before I finally gave up for now. There's a lot of questionable design and development decisions in the first GOW. The 3rd person camera angle is trash 80% of the time too. :slam

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

screwing up at work :/

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:37 pm screwing up at work :/
Aye. Happens to us all. Hope you didn't get come down on too hard.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Better to screw up at work than in personal life I guess.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

A "Planned power outage" that is expected to last 8 hours of my day while I'm at home.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

We have one pandering head of state being swept out the door only to have another one ushered in to equally ignore the issues of the day.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

What grinds my gears is when people talk at me, not to me.

Like when i try to get to know someone new in real life and they end up not asking me about myself. Like almost ever.

Am I wrong to be upset about this? Or is it normal in the "getting to know you" phase of meeting someone?

Like maybe it just means we're not friend compatible. But I just wonder if maybe im making more out of this than it already is.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

cheesedip1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:32 am What grinds my gears is when people talk at me, not to me.

Like when i try to get to know someone new in real life and they end up not asking me about myself. Like almost ever.

Am I wrong to be upset about this? Or is it normal in the "getting to know you" phase of meeting someone?

Like maybe it just means we're not friend compatible. But I just wonder if maybe im making more out of this than it already is.
I don’t think it’s worth getting upset about, but you should trust your instincts on this one.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

cheesedip1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:32 am What grinds my gears is when people talk at me, not to me.

You've hit on a really important social dynamic most people miss. The most important thing to do when meeting someone new is to ask them about themselves, and then ask questions about what they bring up. Most people want to talk about themselves or inject their own views. Giving someone else that platform is such an important device when meeting someone. It's fine to add your own personal comment or two within the flow of the conversation, but keep the conversation about who you are meeting and listen to what he or she is saying. You won't believe how much someone you just met will (without directly realizing why) appreciate and how highly they will think of you for it.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I'm only 32 dammit!

Post by zazthespaz »

Getting old. As I was taking my backpack off in the gym today, as I do everyday, I somehow threw out my shoulder so I couldn't do anything aside from cardio. Somehow it's gotten worse since I got home. :shrug
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I still do that with my back sometimes. It happens a lot when I'm setting a plate down on the ground after a set. When I'm transitioning from just lifting a very heavy weight, to nothing at all, the transition unleashes something fierce on my lower back.

I wish I could describe the pain.