What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Guitar

Post by MaraCarr »

Not knowing what kind of guitar Mark played in the early videos. The orange one… does anyone know what it was? No one seems to know… I have to know!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Guitar

Post by Dolo »

MaraCarr wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:32 pm Not knowing what kind of guitar Mark played in the early videos. The orange one… does anyone know what it was? No one seems to know… I have to know!
Do you have a video/picture?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by MaraCarr »

I had a dream last night! Gibson Les Paul.
I think it’s accurate. I love it! My dreams are pretty detailed and accurate. Strange but True! 😊

Interesting why I was so drawn to it. It was a huge magnet just sucking me in! I love it. Nice guitar but I love Mark so much more!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Yeah, correct. It's just before Mark switched to play PRS.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Dolo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:26 am Yeah, correct. It's just before Mark switched to play PRS.

I love all of them, they have been such a positive influence in my life and I am forever grateful and forever a supporter. They each have incredible class and are genuinely kind. :)
Crazy dreams I have...I ask a question..I get an answer.
My next question is the Powerball numbers for tomorrow's drawing. :peace

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Now I'm complaining here, still not working on the deadline

Post by Timotheus »

The project manager of our team planned a meeting with a customer today. All hands on deck, because it's a really important one. I asked to not be a part of it, because my absense was really not required, and I thought my time was better spent trying to reach the deadline we have for the same customer which is due tomorrow evening. Not an option, as I'm the one who needs to give an update on said deadline.

Spent an hour in a preparation meeting, where we "discussed our strategy". Finally the big moment... Turns out she forgot to send the mail with the invite to the customer.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Timotheus wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:10 am The project manager of our team planned a meeting with a customer today. All hands on deck, because it's a really important one. I asked to not be a part of it, because my absense was really not required, and I thought my time was better spent trying to reach the deadline we have for the same customer which is due tomorrow evening. Not an option, as I'm the one who needs to give an update on said deadline.

Spent an hour in a preparation meeting, where we "discussed our strategy". Finally the big moment... Turns out she forgot to send the mail with the invite to the customer.
Bruh... :slam

My bogan neighbour is driving me insane. Literally the first day my fiancé and I moved into our new house, he was outside pestering the movers, watching them work and just being weird in general. I live on the corner and he lives on the opposite corner so he has to come across the road to be near my house, mind you. Second day we have internet installers over and he stands next to them with his arms crossed and just watches them work on the telegraph poles outside our house for 45 freakin' minutes. Then the rest of the week he walks up and down his front yard 'on the phone' glancing out our house. I can't go onto my front lawn without him coming out to watch. I can't check my mail box without him coming out to 'rake'. At first I just thought he was being nosy but now it's creeping me the f out.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:23 pmMy bogan neighbour is driving me insane. Literally the first day my fiancé and I moved into our new house, he was outside pestering the movers, watching them work and just being weird in general. I live on the corner and he lives on the opposite corner so he has to come across the road to be near my house, mind you. Second day we have internet installers over and he stands next to them with his arms crossed and just watches them work on the telegraph poles outside our house for 45 freakin' minutes. Then the rest of the week he walks up and down his front yard 'on the phone' glancing out our house. I can't go onto my front lawn without him coming out to watch. I can't check my mail box without him coming out to 'rake'. At first I just thought he was being nosy but now it's creeping me the f out.
Time to call the cops and file a restraining order :eek

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Do you reckon? I am worried it might just cause more issues than it's worth.

He was screaming out on the street at his partner the other day calling her the C word and such so I don't really want to be on his bad side.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I wouldnt feel comfortable with a neighbour watching me like that all the time either, I dont know if I would have the balls to confront them or do anything about it tho either tbh :/ reporting it may help to establish a pattern of behavior but unfortunately there's nothing against the law about staring :/

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Maybe if he has another domestic with his partner I'll call the cops anonymously but yeah exactly, we don't want to say anything because all it is is staring. It's just so horrible and unnerving. :(

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:45 pm Maybe if he has another domestic with his partner I'll call the cops anonymously but yeah exactly, we don't want to say anything because all it is is staring. It's just so horrible and unnerving. :(
Sucks that you're having to deal with it, Min. Hopefully it stops sooner than later :hug

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Thanks Shea, maybe I'll get a German Shepard and sick it on him. mhehehe.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Personality disorder alert

Post by gbruin »

Screaming obscenities at his partner in public is a really bad sign. That's not something any reasonable person does.

Careful there, Merinda. It sounds best to be pleasant but to avoid any unnecessary contact with this guy.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Thanks Greg, I avoid him as much as I possibly can. I heard him outside on his phone from my bedroom last night at like 11pm. He was walking up and down his front lawn on the phone to someone cursing a lot and saying things like 'I've got a detective on my side' and 'He's trying to run me out of town'... so I'll be avoiding him even more now.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

People who chew with their mouth open and make weird noises when eating their lunch :wtf I eat my lunch at about 1:30 or 2:00 at work every day and without fail I usually end up eating at the same time as this lady who doesnt give two shits apparently about eating etiquette :/ its gross. I can't even eat in a different room because its closed for construction or something dumb :/ The sound of someone eating their food so audibly really triggers me :lol

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

--gestures vaguely at everything--

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Crumbso wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:38 pm --gestures vaguely at everything--
Feels.

That and losing at Age Of Empires 4. Makes me so irrationally angry. :smashcomp

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Merinda wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:17 pm
Crumbso wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:38 pm --gestures vaguely at everything--
Feels.

That and losing at Age Of Empires 4. Makes me so irrationally angry. :smashcomp
:lol I haven't played AoE since the second one way back.

I've currently got a bit of long-COVID so everything is just that little be harder and more irritating.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Merinda wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:45 pm Maybe if he has another domestic with his partner I'll call the cops anonymously but yeah exactly, we don't want to say anything because all it is is staring. It's just so horrible and unnerving. :(
Crikey. I would think you could report this to the cops, and they'd just keep an eye out for the guy without having you involved. This guy sounds like some sketchy shit, I'd definitely want to say something. But at the same time, avoid him at all costs. Dude sounds like trouble. :/
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.