What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Emojis work here right?

Post by zazthespaz »

People at my gym use their cell phones in the locker room and bathroom, which I think is rude to the people around them and the ones on the other end of the call; they don’t need/want to hear all the background noise (or the caller taking a piss). So if I’m washing my hands, I’ll sometimes use the air dryer a few extra seconds to add a little grief to their call 😈

Edit: Woo! 250 pages of complaining!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

SHHHHHHHH

Post by Micky »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:23 pm People at my gym use their cell phones in the locker room and bathroom, which I think is rude to the people around them and the ones on the other end of the call; they don’t need/want to hear all the background noise (or the caller taking a piss). So if I’m washing my hands, I’ll sometimes use the air dryer a few extra seconds to add a little grief to their call 😈

Edit: Woo! 250 pages of complaining!
Not to mention the sound of you and i....nevermind
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by gbruin »

Pretty much everything at my job anymore
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Micky
On The Rail

Blame Zaz, that's what I do

Post by Micky »

gbruin wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:22 am Pretty much everything at my job anymore
Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully things can either get better or you can find somewhere else where you are happier. An unhappy/uncomfortable work environment is the absolute worst things in the world. Really hope you can find peace!
Thanks Andy!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I messed up my chances for a job interview by not answering the phone. :facepalm :slam

Then on the other hand the ratings of that company weren't too good anyways.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Dungeons & Dragons mode on my phone.

Post by zazthespaz »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:37 am I messed up my chances for a job interview by not answering the phone. :facepalm :slam

Not answering on purpose or accident? Either way, I missed a call from an interviewer earlier this week because I put my phone in DnD mode (thinking I didn't want to be interrupted during the call, forgetting it would block the call itself...) and the interviewer said she assumed my phone had blocked her thinking she was a spammer. So you may be able to go with the "my phone blocked you, I'm so sorry!" route if you think you still have a chance!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Dungeons & Dragons mode on my phone.

Post by Mr. Slash »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:03 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:37 am I messed up my chances for a job interview by not answering the phone. :facepalm :slam

Not answering on purpose or accident? Either way, I missed a call from an interviewer earlier this week because I put my phone in DnD mode (thinking I didn't want to be interrupted during the call, forgetting it would block the call itself...) and the interviewer said she assumed my phone had blocked her thinking she was a spammer. So you may be able to go with the "my phone blocked you, I'm so sorry!" route if you think you still have a chance!
By accident. I called back like 2 hours later and he told me that they can't consider me as a job candidate anymore because I did not answer the phone. Well, whatever. :D

maximzub
On The Rail

I'm talking about you, Californians.

Post by maximzub »

People not doing their job.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

My cooperating teacher for my student teaching. Everything I suggest/do she just nitpicks to death and tells me it's not good enough. While I know she is there to give me constructive criticism, when I submit a lesson plan for her review and she replies "It's bad", that doesn't do anything but make me question my desire to be an educator.

I spent all weekend working on outlines and resources for my students and their persuasive essays and I came up with 5 or 6 different, fleshed out diagrams, outlines and worksheets for them to assist them in their writing process and she is just destroying them. It's so discouraging.
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Micky wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:30 am My cooperating teacher for my student teaching. Everything I suggest/do she just nitpicks to death and tells me it's not good enough. While I know she is there to give me constructive criticism, when I submit a lesson plan for her review and she replies "It's bad", that doesn't do anything but make me question my desire to be an educator.

I spent all weekend working on outlines and resources for my students and their persuasive essays and I came up with 5 or 6 different, fleshed out diagrams, outlines and worksheets for them to assist them in their writing process and she is just destroying them. It's so discouraging.
You should tell her that or tell her boss that :lol try to get a new teacher

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:39 am
Micky wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:30 am My cooperating teacher for my student teaching. Everything I suggest/do she just nitpicks to death and tells me it's not good enough. While I know she is there to give me constructive criticism, when I submit a lesson plan for her review and she replies "It's bad", that doesn't do anything but make me question my desire to be an educator.

You should tell her that or tell her boss that :lol try to get a new teacher
I’m glad you find this funny, Shea.

It’s not that simple. Because of COVID, many schools aren’t letting new visitors in and are not accepting student teachers. I’ve requested a transfer already and tried speaking to her and been denied in both counts
Thanks Andy!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Been there. When I worked at a private school, my supervisor knew everything better but all of that seems true and accurate in theory, but as soon as you stand there in front of the class it's rather practice and things that looked better on paper don't really apply anymore.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Does she give anything constructive apart from that? That's just textbook bad management. Also, how has she responded to you expressing exasperation with her management style?

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

The fact that my physics teacher is now putting me in groups with all boys whenever we do group work. There's only 8 other boys in the class, and most of them hate me. On the other hand, there's 19 girls in the class that she refuses to put me in groups with. But then, she doesn't want to let me work alone.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Crumbso wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:38 pm

Does she give anything constructive apart from that? That's just textbook bad management. Also, how has she responded to you expressing exasperation with her management style?
She actually told me to my face that my program is "insulting" to her because I am not a traditional education major, I am going what the state of NJ calls Alternate Route.

I had a conversation with my supervisor in my graduate program and they will be changing me to a different school in the spring and they say I am much farther behind than my peers.
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Does she even know what an interrobang is?!

Post by zazthespaz »

Micky wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:50 pm She actually told me to my face that my program is "insulting" to her because I am not a traditional education major, I am going what the state of NJ calls Alternate Route.
WTF, how did she even end up in a role to be an advisor to someone in your position then?! Or students in general?!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Re: Does she even know what an interrobang is?!

Post by Micky »

zazthespaz wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:27 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:50 pm She actually told me to my face that my program is "insulting" to her because I am not a traditional education major, I am going what the state of NJ calls Alternate Route.
WTF, how did she even end up in a role to be an advisor to someone in your position then?! Or students in general?!
I'll text you about it lol
Thanks Andy!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Unnecessary Moaning ...

Post by MaraCarr »

I take care of a lot of people in 16 hours. The one thing that grinds my gears is when I have a patient that I adore and respect...come in moaning for no reason. We get her out of the wheelchair give her oxygen, tylenol, drinks, warm compresses and she continues to moan through her 4 hour treatment. (YES I SAID 4 HOURS OF NONSTOP MOANING) I ask her...Are you in pain? "No"....Why are you moaning so loudly...."I just don't feel good", she says...and mind you...she only stops moaning when we ask her questions. if I didn't have 16 other people to take care of I would ask her enough questions to last four hours.

So I am documenting and multitasking as expected during this 2nd group of 3. (3 groups of 17 in 16 hours to one nurse) I am on group 2 with the moaning patient, one who I happen to love but she has pushed all of my buttons, the staff's buttons and all the patients sitting next to her's buttons. She has pissed in everyone's cornflakes after the 1st hour (metaphorically speaking) . It is exactly the same as being on a fully loaded plane in the middle of a runway with the door locked and a baby crying...we love the baby but the adorable baby is driving everyone slowly insane.

My coworker after the 2nd hour or so sits down beside me and starts moaning with her in unison...I actually found some peace in that and it made me laugh. I love the lady very much and respect her...I just don't understand why she moans and what I can do to bring her some peace.
Last edited by MaraCarr on Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Unnecessary Moaning ...

Post by MaraCarr »

:yeahthat

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Except those 3 from my group. Screw those guys.

Post by zazthespaz »

Been trying to organize a school group for a project meeting for the past 3 weeks with some group members not responding for a week and a half at a time. Everyone agreed that tonight would work for half an hour at 7pm. Within 2 hours before the meeting, one requests to push the meeting back to 7:45, another says they cant make it; both blame work. 3rd group member says nothing, I assume he sees my obligation to the first guy to push the meeting back to 7:45. 7:45 comes, I sit in the meeting alone for half an hour and close the meeting with absolutely no word from anyone (still, over an hour later). Nobody showed so I just sent the professor an email requesting to be removed from my group, even if it means doing the project alone. Why are people assholes?

Which allows me to segue into something I thought of earlier. I think I griped earlier in this thread that I think people are being less considerate (aka "assholes"). There was coverage on the news tonight about the Astroworld tragedy down here in Houston and I realized those people's lives were taken because people were being inconsiderate. Yes, a lot of blame can be placed on organizers of the show and security, but at the end of the day, people had time to think about the consequences of pushing their full body weight into another person, and they still did it anyway, likely because they were not being considerate of those around them. 1 person doing that is manageable, but as more and more people become less considerate and caring of those around them, that 1 inconsiderate person becomes 2, then 4, then 8, and before you know it you have 100 people pushing to get to the front of a crowd and 11 people end up dead.

Just be considerate of those around you. It's not hard and it'll make the world a better place.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says