Does anybody ever have dreams about attending/playing a concert?

Talk about anything and everything here.
maximzub
On The Rail

Does anybody ever have dreams about attending/playing a concert?

Post by maximzub »

Bonus, do you remember the setlist(s)?

I know I do. Here's some interesting stories from Dreamland:

#1: Metallica at Sportscore 1 in Rockford, IL. Basic setlist. Battery was on the setlist but they replaced it with Lords Of Summer, which pissed me off. The next day, I ran into James Hetfield at the grocery store, had a chat, and I made him cry when I told him he was my #1 hero.

#2: Metallica at Sinissippi Park in Rockford, IL. Another basic setlist. The highlight was when they messed up One so badly that they stopped playing and decided to skip over to Master Of Puppets.

#3: Metallica at BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford, IL. I took a girl out on a date to this one. (Not a real life one, just some girl that I've never seen before or after.) Metallica played an interesting setlist, and they managed to play one song from each album including Garage, Inc. in just 18 songs. The next day, I had trouble downloading the LiveMetallica audio. (This could have foreshadowed how I would have trouble with the LiveMetallica audio when I saw them in real life!)

#4: BlimpFest in Madison, WI. The audience sat in a stadium while the band played from a blimp that was flying around Madison, and the audio and video was broadcasted to the stadium. Volbeat was first. Pretty standard setlist but awesome. We got to request whether they play When We Were Kids or The Everlasting; The Everlasting won. Michael messed up once by introducing the wrong song. They also played a couple rare tracks towards the end. Then was Metallica. One acoustic set, and one electric set. Pretty interesting picks. We left before Jon Bon Jovi because his solo stuff sucks.

#5: My old band No Idea in St. Louis, MO. I don't remember the venue name, but it was the same venue where I saw a Tom Petty/Johnny Cash tribute band back in March 2019. My old crush was in the audience, which makes sense, because I knew she would be going to St. Louis University the next year.

#6: Zirconium Fest at Hononegah High School, Rockton, IL. (Some background first - Zirconium Fest 2020 was a virtual YouTube festival where I took live recordings of my 15 favorite bands, edited some to make my dream setlists, and streamed them live on YouTube. I had planned to make Zirconium Fest 2021, but I cancelled it because I wouldn't have time. Don't worry - we'll be back in 2022!)

Rather than a virtual festival as in real life, in this dream Zirconium Fest 2021 was held at my school, and except for Go Go Torpedo, each band that performed was actually a tribute band to my favorite bands, which included me and some of my other musician friends. Members of the actual bands were watching.

Key moments:

- Go Go Torpedo was the actual band, and not a tribute band like the rest.
- I was the lead guitarist and co-lead vocalist for the Bon Jovi tribute band. Richie Sambora even came up with us to sing Wanted Dead Or Alive.
- I wasn't part of the Charm City Devils tribute band, but they rocked out!
- I wasn't part of the Godsmack tribute band either. I went to the bathroom sometime during their set as I wasn't really interested.
- I was the lead guitarist and lead vocalist of the Metallica tribute band. The Hononegah school band backed us to make an S&M style show.
- The bassist of the Muse tribute band messed up the bassline to Hysteria and got a lot of boos.
- I was the lead guitarist and lead vocalist of the YU Grupa tribute band.
- I was the lead guitarist of the Pop Evil tribute band.
- I was the lead guitarist of the Alter Bridge tribute band. The school band backed us for some of the Royal Albert Hall songs.
- I was the lead guitarist and lead vocalist of the Volbeat tribute band. During the song I Only Wanna Be With You, I was just singing and I walked into the crowd, and while I was singing the line "I fell into your open arms", I fell into my future crush's open arms.

My favorite dream of all time. I told my friends Addison, Mack, and Carson about it, since they appeared in the dream as members of the tribute bands.

#7: Volbeat at BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford, IL. I took my crush out on a date to this one. Fittingly, the band played a lot of romantic songs.

#8: Alter Bridge. I have no idea what the venue was, but it was the size of venue that they typically play in the US. The setlist was a lot like The Last Hero era. Farther Than The Sun was on the setlist, but they skipped it. But then, they played The Last Hero by request.

#9: Metallica at Aftershock Festival in Sacramento, CA. It wasn't really the actual Aftershock, but all the signs around me said Aftershock. Metallica played a similar setlist to real-life Aftershock Night 2/Louder Than Life Night 2, with playing the entire Black Album. They stopped after the first song because James forgot how to play The Four Horsemen, and James was walking around in the crowd asking anyone if they knew how to play The Four Horsemen. When he came to me, I said yes, and he gave me his guitar to show him that I can play it. But once I showed him, his memory came back and he was able to play it himself.

#10: Charm City Devils at some open-air festival in I don't know where. Their drummer was injured and they needed a replacement, so they called me. I had absolutely no time to prepare and had to wing it most of the way. To make things worse, they played almost exclusively songs from their first album, which I have only heard half of and not in a long time. So, I was really just trying to jump in for some of the songs. Luckily, they played a cover of For Whom The Bell Tolls, and I was able to play that one just fine.

There's another one worth mentioning. I had a dream that my band Headroom Karma was on tour, but I don't remember actually playing live in any of the scenes. I do remember one scene where Grace and I were discussing the setlist. And then, it turned into a nightmare because I ended up sleeping with her. This dream is mostly responsible for ending our friendship because I made the mistake of telling her about it.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Does anybody ever have dreams about attending/playing a concert?

Post by MaraCarr »

I’ve had several dreams like that and very detailed. Recently just hanging with Metallica. James and I were talking about what their next set should be, we were just walking around in this very dark place nothing there but just he and I speaking about what should happen next. The message in the dream is that we were genuine friends …just equal souls sharing the same energy. It was great! I love him, he is a huge encourager in my life especially when things get super dark!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Another really memorable dream I had about Tremonti. I was walking around in this weird maze…a labyrinth. When out of the darkness I heard an electric guitar. There was no particular pattern just random picking. I always follow the music.

I began to follow the sound of the chaotic picking through the darkness. One step at a time the sound got louder and louder until I saw an opening in the maze… A doorway. Frightened but defiant (feeling I had in the dream) I walked through all the while thinking to myself …I would be publicly sacrificed by some trauma or horrid, bloody mutilation. I didn’t care.

As I walked through the doorway there sat Mark Tremonti on a wooden table.. playing his guitar in the most off the wall unfathomable way I had ever witnessed in my life, I was so confused and interested and as I walked up to say hello..he disappeared and I was left holding the guitar. Then I woke up…It was a good dream!

Happy Halloween!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

I refuse to believe that you dream entire concerts, maximzub :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:54 pm I refuse to believe that you dream entire concerts, maximzub :lol
I don't actually, but I do remember the key moments. Then my conscious brain fills in all the gaps in the story.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:23 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:54 pm I refuse to believe that you dream entire concerts, maximzub :lol
I don't actually, but I do remember the key moments. Then my conscious brain fills in all the gaps in the story.
That makes more sense :)