Checkin' In

Talk about anything and everything here.
Merinda
Sig Queen

Checkin' In

Post by Merinda »

Well hey there AB fam, it's been a while.

With all the mutterings of AB 7, I thought about this board and how much I used to love being on here, interacting with you all and so I have returned.

What's new? What's happening? How is everyone? Who's still active?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Checkin' In

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Hey Merinda! :wave

Whats new is Im working a new job after taking 16 months off from working and unfortunately even though I tried my best to be careful I mananged to get covid after working at my new job for only a month after evading it the entire time up until then :/ Whats happening is im impatiently waiting for Marks Sinatra album next month and AB 7 to come out in September :lol And despite my covid diagnosis Im doing okay, I guess it could always be worse :lol I'm still active :D

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Hello Shea!

Good to see you're still active. Are you alright? Was your time off work a choice? I am yet to catch the dreaded COVID! How is it treating you so far? :hug

How great is the Sinatra stuff? Mark was born to sing that way. :bow

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:31 am Hello Shea!

Good to see you're still active. Are you alright? Was your time off work a choice? I am yet to catch the dreaded COVID! How is it treating you so far? :hug

How great is the Sinatra stuff? Mark was born to sing that way. :bow
My experience with covid so far has just been a minor cold that wont go away (sinus congestion, dry sinus, sore throat thats gone now) and the loss of most of my senses of smell and taste. :/

The Sinatra stuff is amazing. Really suits marks voice and It makes me want him to do a Christmas covers album for charity next :lol :mtrocks Which he's mentioned a few times that other people have suggested so maybe its a possibility :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Still hanging around. Life through Covid was a drag for a while. Haven’t caught it so far but stayed isolated a lot. Been back out in public for work the past year but doing pretty well overall. My last concert pre-Covid was AB so maybe if I’m lucky I can catch a show on their upcoming cycle. I still haven’t been going out to really large indoor events so mostly tracking how the pandemic goes as time goes by.

Cool seeing you around!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:43 am My experience with covid so far has just been a minor cold that wont go away (sinus congestion, dry sinus, sore throat thats gone now) and the loss of most of my senses of smell and taste. :/

The Sinatra stuff is amazing. Really suits marks voice and It makes me want him to do a Christmas covers album for charity next :lol :mtrocks Which he's mentioned a few times that other people have suggested so maybe its a possibility :lol
That's what everyone I know who's had it has said so fair. I'm convinced I had it in like.. Jan 2020. I've never been so sick and I lost my taste/smell for nearly two months. It was awful but that was before it was a thing so who knows.

Ooo a Christmas album would be so amazing haha. I'd play the crap out of that!!
Andy92 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:19 pm Still hanging around. Life through Covid was a drag for a while. Haven’t caught it so far but stayed isolated a lot. Been back out in public for work the past year but doing pretty well overall. My last concert pre-Covid was AB so maybe if I’m lucky I can catch a show on their upcoming cycle. I still haven’t been going out to really large indoor events so mostly tracking how the pandemic goes as time goes by.

Cool seeing you around!
I hope you can catch AB on this next cycle!

I'm not sure about the USA but here in Aus, COVID isn't being talked about so much anymore and things are operating almost normally except here and there, there's social distancing stickers on the floor or mask requirements etc.

I've been following WWE and such and I see crowds look back to normal over there.

Also congrats Uncle and I'm glad to see you're still on here. :hug

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Merinda wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:47 pm I hope you can catch AB on this next cycle!

I'm not sure about the USA but here in Aus, COVID isn't being talked about so much anymore and things are operating almost normally except here and there, there's social distancing stickers on the floor or mask requirements etc.

I've been following WWE and such and I see crowds look back to normal over there.

Also congrats Uncle and I'm glad to see you're still on here. :hug
Most things are open normally around here now too. I’ve probably stayed more hesitant being out in public than a fair amount of people around here but thankfully the worst of it seems to be behind us. If things keep getting better hopefully I can catch a show somewhere this fall!

And thanks! Gotta turn the nieces into AB fans as the years go by lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Andy92 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:33 pm I’ve probably stayed more hesitant being out in public than a fair amount of people around here but thankfully the worst of it seems to be behind us.
I'm with you in that boat. Though I don't wear a mask much anymore, I still keep my distance doing things like grocery shopping. I actually hold my breath when I pass too close to people lol.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I wish we could get the forum active again. It was so fun once upon a time. Remember the old forum with the adults only section lol. :shifty

What actually made me think about it was I had a random dream about Jim. He died.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I'm still here. I'm a male underwear model now, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. Still have the same job for five years. Still go to concerts. Went on a trip to San Francisco, last December, to see Metallica and ate various stuff like katsu curry and crabcake crepes. I want to go on another trip. Still hoping on Myles doing some solo shows in the west coast in the Summer to get that chance. Also, joined a hockey discord and for a group of people that's pretty intensely passionate about an intense sport, they's a good bunch to talk to.

AmockAB
Brand New Start

Post by AmockAB »

Merinda wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:03 am Well hey there AB fam, it's been a while.

With all the mutterings of AB 7, I thought about this board and how much I used to love being on here, interacting with you all and so I have returned.

Hi there, I'm Avery, new to the forums and relatively new to the band, was introduced around Walk The Sky's release

been learning a ton about the history of the band and related acts, been going to Myles concerts near me (Been to 3 so far :rockon ). Haven't seen Tremonti live yet but hopefully will see him with Alter Bridge whenever they announce their NA ABVII tour for 2023

Glad to see fans reviving and being born from everyone's activity. Can't wait to see how the next year pans out for Alter Bridge!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

:wave Always good to see you, Min! :)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

TenaciousBe wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:05 pm I'm still here. I'm a male underwear model now, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Excuse me, I haven't seen that posted on FB you saucy flirt!
anguyen92 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:06 am I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. Still have the same job for five years. Still go to concerts. Went on a trip to San Francisco, last December, to see Metallica and ate various stuff like katsu curry and crabcake crepes. I want to go on another trip. Still hoping on Myles doing some solo shows in the west coast in the Summer to get that chance. Also, joined a hockey discord and for a group of people that's pretty intensely passionate about an intense sport, they's a good bunch to talk to.
I see that you comma less, and I'm not sure, how I feel about it, it's weird. Sounds life is going alright for you though. Katsu curry is da bomb.
AmockAB wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:54 pm Hi there, I'm Avery, new to the forums and relatively new to the band, was introduced around Walk The Sky's release

been learning a ton about the history of the band and related acts, been going to Myles concerts near me (Been to 3 so far :rockon ). Haven't seen Tremonti live yet but hopefully will see him with Alter Bridge whenever they announce their NA ABVII tour for 2023

Glad to see fans reviving and being born from everyone's activity. Can't wait to see how the next year pans out for Alter Bridge!

Hi Avery! Welcome to the family. :) So jealous you have seen Myles 3 times! I wish he would tour Australia the bugger. I'm hoping the board peps up with the new album too. So many great people to talk to in here. Really is like a family. :hug
gbruin wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:31 am :wave Always good to see you, Min! :)
Aw Greg, you know I love ya! :hug

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Merinda wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:03 am Well hey there AB fam, it's been a while.

Hi there! My name is Max. I probably joined this board during the time when you were inactive. I discovered Alter Bridge in 2020, and they've become my second-favorite band since then. Of course, nobody can ever beat Volbeat, the greatest band of all time!

What's happening for me? I have two more weeks of high school. I graduate at the end of this month. I'm going to Serbia in June and July. I have some shows scheduled for August. And then I'm off to college in September.

Glad to see someone new to me and I hope you stay active on this board!
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

maximzub wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:59 am Hi there! My name is Max. I probably joined this board during the time when you were inactive. I discovered Alter Bridge in 2020, and they've become my second-favorite band since then. Of course, nobody can ever beat Volbeat, the greatest band of all time!

What's happening for me? I have two more weeks of high school. I graduate at the end of this month. I'm going to Serbia in June and July. I have some shows scheduled for August. And then I'm off to college in September.

Hi Max, nice to meet ya! A very late welcome from me lol.

Can't say I've ever listened to Volbeat but I will check them out!

Congratulations on graduation, that's very exciting. Serbia would be cool. I went to Europe in 2017 and didn't visit Serbia but I would like to go back and see Serbia next time.

Are the shows scheduled for August Alter Bridge shows?

I'll do my best to stay active on the board. I do miss it around here and it feels nice to be back. :rockon

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Merinda wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:28 pm
maximzub wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:59 am Hi there! My name is Max. I probably joined this board during the time when you were inactive. I discovered Alter Bridge in 2020, and they've become my second-favorite band since then. Of course, nobody can ever beat Volbeat, the greatest band of all time!

Hi Max, nice to meet ya! A very late welcome from me lol.

Can't say I've ever listened to Volbeat but I will check them out!

Congratulations on graduation, that's very exciting. Serbia would be cool. I went to Europe in 2017 and didn't visit Serbia but I would like to go back and see Serbia next time.

Are the shows scheduled for August Alter Bridge shows?

I'll do my best to stay active on the board. I do miss it around here and it feels nice to be back. :rockon
Thanks! It's nice to meet you too!

My parents lived in Serbia until their early 30's. They moved to the U.S. and had me a couple years later. We've been trying to go back every three years, but this time around it got extended to four years. Last time I was there was in 2018.

The shows I have scheduled for August are shows that I'm playing. I'm glad to be part of the local music scene! Here's one of my previous shows.

Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Sounds great! Love your voice :)

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Holy shit Merinda's back? Must be album time!

Sup, Merinda? How's the land down under?

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Hello friends.