The 2012 U.S. Presidential Election

Talk about anything and everything here.

Who Are You Voting For?

Barack Obama
54%
Mitt Romney
46%

Total votes: 41

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

The 2012 U.S. Presidential Election

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

I'll be voting for Romney this year, not necessarily because I want him to win but because I want Obama out of office. I like Obama as a person and I think he's a smart and charismatic guy, but I think he's failed as president and in my opinion Romney will do a much better job. And I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat; I vote for the candidate, not the party they belong to.

If you're not an American, please feel free to select who you would vote for if you were. I have enabled you to change your vote in this poll if you change your mind.

Enjoy the discussion, but since this is a thread about politics, please keep it respectful.

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Re: The 2012 U.S. Presidential Election

Post by itaughttremonti »

I feel the same way. I feel like all that Obama has done well in his presidency has been filling out march madness brackets. I'd much rather have a guy who knows what it takes to actually create a job (Romney in private sector) than a career politician who speaks well but does nothing.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Gobama!

Should also note that I'm not American.
For all of the hope that it brings...

keys752
Brand New Start

Post by keys752 »

I'll be voting Romney for the same reasons as mentioned above.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

I'd vote for Obama on here but the poll closed up already. Romney seems to be too much of a misogynist for me to like him. I'm also ecstatic that President Obama supports gay marriage, too, so he definitely gets my vote.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

Obama without a doubt.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

President Tom Beck.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

I have decided to stop voting until there is actually someone I want to vote for.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

^I'm not sure how much a strategy like that helps. Many people already don't vote so taking a stand against the current options doesn't actually appear to mean anything. It just looks like another person joined the ranks of normal non-voters. Even if it's a choice between the lesser of two evils, the power to vote doesn't seem to me something to be shirked.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Jaded Rescue wrote:I'd vote for Obama on here but the poll closed up already. Romney seems to be too much of a misogynist for me to like him. I'm also ecstatic that President Obama supports gay marriage, too, so he definitely gets my vote.
Please tell me you're voting for him for more than just that.
Photobucket cash grab.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I hesitate to get into much of a political debate, but I'll just say I'm still voting for President Obama for many of the same reasons I voted for him 4 years ago, as well as the majority of the policies and stances he's taken on since then.

That, and I can't understand how ANYBODY can look at Mitt Romney and think "there's a good candidate for President."

I'd prefer it if the "lower-tier" candidates got as much time and publicity as these two, but right now, the reality is these are our two options. And between the two, it's not even close.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Nick wrote:^I'm not sure how much a strategy like that helps. Many people already don't vote so taking a stand against the current options doesn't actually appear to mean anything. It just looks like another person joined the ranks of normal non-voters. Even if it's a choice between the lesser of two evils, the power to vote doesn't seem to me something to be shirked.
I agree here. I mean, it's your right to decide not to vote at all, but people that want things to change need to voice their opinions.
Photobucket cash grab.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

TenaciousBe wrote:That, and I can't understand how ANYBODY can look at Mitt Romney and think "there's a good candidate for President."
The debates were quite an eye-opener - in one of the worst fields of candidates possibly ever assembled, he still struggled heavily. Unless he ups his game by quite a lot, Obama will take him to the cleaners once campaigning really gets under way.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

Vaux, the best way to register your discontent is by going to the polling station and invalidating your vote. Even though the vote doesn't count in the final reckoning just like not going to the polls, you still go there and someone counts your vote as void. I'm a firm believer that No Candidate should be a valid option just like the other candidates, and that if No Candidate wins, there should be a new 6 week campaign with new candidates.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I didn't like Romney's campaign 4 years ago and not much has changed. But I don't care much for Obama either. I'll see you guys in 2016 lol.

Seems like our voting system is set up to where the common person's vote makes no difference until there's 2 people left. Would be nice if I felt like I had more of a voice in choosing the candidate for my voting party.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Do American parties and candidates put out manifestos like the parties in UK politics do over here?

One thing that surprised me in our last election was how few people actually even bothered to read the manifestos and policies before deciding who to vote for.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Nick wrote:^I'm not sure how much a strategy like that helps. Many people already don't vote so taking a stand against the current options doesn't actually appear to mean anything. It just looks like another person joined the ranks of normal non-voters. Even if it's a choice between the lesser of two evils, the power to vote doesn't seem to me something to be shirked.
I look at it the other way. If enough people decided not to vote instead of just picking between the two puppets that are picked for us, maybe something would actually change. Instead it will just be more of the same, as it always is.

At least nobody can blame me when these politicians do something, I didn't put them there, you did.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Vaux wrote:
I look at it the other way. If enough people decided not to vote instead of just picking between the two puppets that are picked for us, maybe something would actually change. Instead it will just be more of the same, as it always is.

At least nobody can blame me when these politicians do something, I didn't put them there, you did.
The part I highlighted is my biggest gripe too...the common person doesn't have much say in this country until it's down to 2 candidates.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

Der_Metzgermeister wrote:Vaux, the best way to register your discontent is by going to the polling station and invalidating your vote. Even though the vote doesn't count in the final reckoning just like not going to the polls, you still go there and someone counts your vote as void. I'm a firm believer that No Candidate should be a valid option just like the other candidates, and that if No Candidate wins, there should be a new 6 week campaign with new candidates.
Sounds like a plan, perhaps I will do that. Thanks, and I like that No Candidate option.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Huh I didn't notice Der_Metzgermeister's post for some reason lol. Not a bad idea really...I honestly don't think either candidate is the best our country can do. I'd be really interested to see how many people would mark "none of the above" if it were an option to punch on the card.