What are you listening to right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by anguyen92 »

Sevendust's cover of The Day I Tried to Live.

Apparently, they wanted to do a Soundgarden cover for some time now and Elvis was the one that suggested "The Day I Tried to Live." I mean it sounds all right. Now let's see if Elvis can use the same convincing powers here, but for AB now. Hmmm?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

G n' R - Estranged

I crash back into this song every few years. The lyrics. The solos. It's so cutting and emotional.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Early days
Running Free, from Iron Maiden

Wrathchild, from Killers

Classic days
Flight Of Icarus, from Piece of Mind

2 Minutes To Midnight, from Powerslave

Classic/prog days
Infinite Dreams, from Seventh Son of A Seventh Son

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

If That Ain't God by Chris Young

Chris Young has been my favorite country artist for years, and to see him put out something so lyrically different than anything he's done (Aside from his Christmas album), is great. The song is incredibly uplifting.
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Gojira - Backbone

That whole outro :headbang :rockon

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

gbruin wrote:Early days
Running Free, from Iron Maiden

Wrathchild, from Killers

Classic days
Flight Of Icarus, from Piece of Mind

2 Minutes To Midnight, from Powerslave

Classic/prog days
Infinite Dreams, from Seventh Son of A Seventh Son
@Inconquerable I would suggest the following from these Eras:

Phantom Of The Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Powerslave
Aces High
The Evil That Men Do

gbruin
MEGLADONG

First Metal World problems

Post by gbruin »

All excellent options, Dissident. It's so hard to narrow it down to just a few. :rockon

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: First Metal World problems

Post by The Dissident »

gbruin wrote:All excellent options, Dissident. It's so hard to narrow it down to just a few. :rockon
Agreed. Maiden has an incredible discography. Few bands have such consistent and impressive discographies. Only Alter Bridge and Dream Theater. Have really met the same level of consistence [Barring the debut and The Astonishing for the latter]. Although some have equally good peaks.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Gojira - From Mars To Sirius

outside of all things related to Mark and Myles; this album might be one my favorite metal albums of all time. I cant get enough of it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

The Dissident wrote:
gbruin wrote:All excellent options, Dissident. It's so hard to narrow it down to just a few. :rockon
Few bands have such consistent and impressive discographies. Only Alter Bridge and Dream Theater. Have really met the same level of consistence

What a way to generalise...
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Dolo wrote:
The Dissident wrote:
Few bands have such consistent and impressive discographies. Only Alter Bridge and Dream Theater. Have really met the same level of consistence

First off, Hi! How are you? Hope you're staying safe during this pandemic.

Second off, I think he's saying those are the bands that he finds to be consistent and impressive in their discographies. I don't think he's generalizing anything. I get why you would say that, he didn't really say it was "his opinion", but even if he did, would you still consider that generaliZing?

I'm currently listening to the best country singer ever, Chris Young. Is he actually the best country singer ever? Nope! But, I wouldn't consider that generaliZing, either as it's clearly an opinion.

Let's all be friends.
Thanks Andy!

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Yes I probably could have worded it better, my statement is based on having listened to the entire discography of a fair number of bands and while doing so taking some notes and giving each album a rating. Maiden has an average of 87%, Dream Theater is at 89 and Alter Bridge is at 91%. This was part of my 2019 new years resolution to listen to all the albums I own and in doing so it exposed me to some bands which I have albums of that got me hooked and I dug further. Whereas others I didn't dig as deep.

Although I do believe that any statement about music in general is an opinion and should be taken as such.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Micky wrote:
Dolo wrote:
The Dissident wrote:

Second off, I think he's saying those are the bands that he finds to be consistent and impressive in their discographies. I don't think he's generalizing anything. I get why you would say that, he didn't really say it was "his opinion", but even if he did, would you still consider that generaliZing?

I'm currently listening to the best country singer ever, Chris Young. Is he actually the best country singer ever? Nope! But, I wouldn't consider that generaliZing, either as it's clearly an opinion.

Let's all be friends.

I'm amazing, thanks.

How can you not generaliSe if you're saying that only few bands have such consistent discographies? In your opinion all the other bands have inconsistent en unimpressive back catalogues. He stated his opinion as a fact on as an opinion, that's what I had a problem with.

Can't friends argue and have interesting discussions? Or should just everybody pat each other's backs saying: 'You're absolutely right, my friend' even if they don't agree with them?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Dolo wrote:
Micky wrote:
Dolo wrote:
The Dissident wrote:

Let's all be friends.

I'm amazing, thanks.

How can you not generaliSe if you're saying that only few bands have such consistent discographies? In your opinion all the other bands have inconsistent en unimpressive back catalogues. He stated his opinion as a fact on as an opinion, that's what I had a problem with.

Can't friends argue and have interesting discussions? Or should just everybody pat each other's backs saying: 'You're absolutely right, my friend' even if they don't agree with them?
Hi pal

Generalize is spelled with a Z.

He didn’t state it as a fact, he stated it as an opinion. Clearly.

You’re disagreeing with him, does that mean you’re saying your opinion as a fact? No.

Let’s be friends.

I’m currently listening to the new Tim McGraw song.
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: amazing new band check them out. Only available at my place tho.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

My House - Silence

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Issues - Tapping Out

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Traveling for work. This one on repeat ..

And these guys today ... helped an 8 hour trip seem short:

And last but not least.... thankful for the musical company on my road trip today... :rockon

Catching Fire... kinda sums it up. :yeahthat :) Hell of a day!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

---------------If we're talking bands that are pretty consistent......

I want to throw Rise Against and Chevelle in the mix.

They usually have a good amount of songs each album.

---------------The Green Children are a good band. They're like a pop/alternative.

---------------We got a lot of new albums either coming soon or already out.. this year:

From bands such as---
Bob Dylan
New found glory
Bush
Theory deadman
Green Day
Seether
Pearl Jam
Fiona Apple

-------------New song called Atlas Falls -Shinedown. Also, Shinedown have an old demo called Be the Same. Its
pretty good. Link is below:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=13xpmCFw5RM

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ughhh. It just frustrates me when it comes to Shinedown. I missed that grit that Shinedown used to have and Be the Same reminds me of that grit. Now they are just too polished and too fabricated, in my opinion, for my liking.

Anywho, I'm listening to Lifehouse's Lifehouse album. I was supposed to see them in September with Goo Goo Dolls at the Greek Theater in LA, but it got postponed for obvious reasons. I enjoyed the catalog that they and Goo Goo Dolls had, so I'm a little sad I'm not able to see those bands live (along with Breaking Benjamin, Bush, & Saint Asonia. Nickelback/STP/Switchfoot. Disturbed and Staind. Matchbox 20).

My September was planned to be full of awesome concerts from those bands and the pandemic took it away from me!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

SMKC - Lost Inside The Girl