Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by Ubik »

Not sure how I forgot earlier, but also: Portal, and Portal 2. They aren't long but that just means playing through again doesn't seem a chore.
For all of the hope that it brings...

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Sweet action. I've always wanted to check out Baulder's Gate. Heard good things.

I totally didn't know about the C&C sale! Daaaang it! I've been looking to get back into those games. I played the heck out of Tiberian Sun and RA2.
:yeahthat

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Do the correct thing and you can play as Greg!

Post by zazthespaz »

BennyWhatever wrote:Sweet action. I've always wanted to check out Baulder's Gate. Heard good things.

I totally didn't know about the C&C sale! Daaaang it! I've been looking to get back into those games. I played the heck out of Tiberian Sun and RA2.
Wait til Christmas time, I'm sure another sale will come around. Even if it doesn't, it's about $20 for 17 games which is still pretty good...

Anyone hear about the search for megaladon in BF4? It came to light a couple of days ago there's a big easter egg hidden in one of the levels that's supposedly related to a megaladon and clues are starting to emerge. One person can trigger it and it affects the whole game but nobody's found it yet. Apparently the hype is big enough that business sites are writing about it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

I got the Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill pack for $5 on GoG yesterday. I forgot how much I love those games. It's fun to play them with max resolution - everything is so small!! lol.
Love those games.
:yeahthat

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

After Christmas, i'm gonna buy an Xbox 360 slim, with CoD: Modern Warfare 2, WWE 2K14, Skate 3, GTA V & Assassins Creed 2.

I will be very happy.

Clyde
Bought The CDs

Post by Clyde »

Strange but apart from Super Mario 3D World, most of the games I am getting for Christmas are for Vita/3DS/DS.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I question everything. You're no exception!

Post by zazthespaz »

Tom wrote:After Christmas, i'm gonna buy an Xbox 360 slim, with CoD: Modern Warfare 2, WWE 2K14, Skate 3, GTA V & Assassins Creed 2.

I will be very happy.
Why an Xbox360? If you're going to go with an older generation, why not PS3? Online play will have a much smaller community on the older generations and doesn't seem like it'd be worth paying the Xbox Live fees for games you can get on both consoles. Just my opinion though.

Also, why MW2? That's a good 4 years old!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

360 > Ps3
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Hooray economics!

Post by zazthespaz »

Macca wrote:360 > Ps3
Free > $10/month
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Plus you're crazy if you think the next gen consoles will have more players than previous gen. 360 and PS3 will be more popular for at least the next year.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Fuck yeah business major!

Post by zazthespaz »

Macca wrote:Plus you're crazy if you think the next gen consoles will have more players than previous gen. 360 and PS3 will be more popular for at least the next year.
Yeah but it will be waning. You're about to make a $250+ investment on something that is going to give diminishing returns over the course of a year while making monthly payments on it. Why add to the costs when it's avoidable?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Zaz i do believe you're talking out of your ass, just because a game is older it doesnt make it any worse. Assassins Creed 2 was out in 2009 and it is phenomenal! I cant wait to play it over again, it held my attention throughout the entire thing, unlike it's predecessors

The amount of 360 owners will forever outweigh the amount of ONE owners

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: It mostly talks about what I ate.

Post by zazthespaz »

Jim wrote:Zaz i do believe you're talking out of your ass, just because a game is older it doesnt make it any worse. Assassins Creed 2 was out in 2009 and it is phenomenal! I cant wait to play it over again, it held my attention throughout the entire thing, unlike it's predecessors

The amount of 360 owners will forever outweigh the amount of ONE owners
I didn't mean AC 2! I said MW2! It's the same formula as the newer games so why not go with one of them is my point? One of my favorite games ever is uncharted 2 and that's a good 4 years old at least so I know newer doesn't mean better.

Also, my ass has some interesting things to say sometimes so I'm fine with taking out if it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Taking what out of it? What did you put in there?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

If you're going to buy an older COD, get the first Modern Warfare. They haven't come close to topping it. Maybe that's nostalgia talking, but that's my favorite FPS of all time. I'd assume it still has an online community going for it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: talking, iphone. TALKING!!!

Post by zazthespaz »

Macca wrote:Taking what out of it? What did you put in there?
Damn you autocorrect!!!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Clyde
Bought The CDs

Post by Clyde »

It's adventure day for me. The Walking Dead: Season Two epsisode 1 on X360 then Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse (also episode 1) on PS Vita.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Just finished BioShock Infinite - holy cow!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Really looking forward to playing this - The Long Dark.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/7NmTgMVqd-Y[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/V7vFRsfVUVM[/youtube]

The story.

'Imagine the lights go out, never to return. Bright aurora flare across the sky, and all humanity’s technological might is laid to waste, neutralized in a kind of quiet apocalypse. Everything that has shielded humanity from the disinterested power of Mother Nature is suddenly wrenched from us, dropping us a few links down the food chain. Food and water are scarce. The roads are no longer safe. And winter approaches…

Welcome to The Long Dark, the inaugural title from Hinterland, a new independent game studio comprised of veteran developers from the triple-A game industry. Hinterland’s core team members have collectively worked on over 40 triple-A games on console and PC, and are now turning their talents to creating an independent game — an immersive survival simulation for the PC.

The Long Dark is a thought-provoking, first-person survival simulation that emphasizes quiet exploration in a stark, yet hauntingly beautiful, post-disaster setting.

The breathtakingly picturesque Pacific Northwest frames the backdrop for the drama of The Long Dark. You take on the role of William Mackenzie, a newly stranded bush pilot crashed far from the nearest human habitation. Lost, wounded, and with wolves circling, you’ll have to quickly master basic wilderness survival skills if you’re to last long enough to understand how the world has changed since the aurorae appeared in the sky. And that’s just the beginning.'

Outright
White Knuckled

Post by Outright »

I'm playing Madden 25, and one of the draft classes has this guy with a pretty sweet last name.

Looks very similar to Alter Bridge :lol
You should never come this way
To test the hands of fate
You don't belong here