Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:39 pm Well at least Ragnarok was worth all the build up? I look forward to playing it in a couple of years when I finally get a PS5.

Picked up Subnautica: Below Zero as it was finally on offer. Struggled a bit at first as it seems less easy to find upgrades at first, but finally made quite a bit of progress today, until I didn't realise there wasn't an autosave on it, and quit without saving. 3+ hours gone GAHHHHHHHH.
Yikes Ubik that sucks! :/ :lol I have yet to actually play Ragnarok, it comes out in 2 hours in my timezone, so I'm excited! Gonna play the first 90 mins or so tonight before bed. But why not just play it on the PS4? Thats what I'm doing :D

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Very annoying but very dumb of me at the same time. I guess 3 hours exploration is maybe about an hour to redo (I go around in circles a lot), so not the end of the world.

Hope you're enjoying! Well I have a thing where I avoid buying the new AAA games as "I'll wait till I can get them on PS5", partly as I want to enjoy that low load time SSD goodness, partly as it tricks my brain into not spending money.
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Nobody talk to me in January.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:39 pm Well at least Ragnarok was worth all the build up? I look forward to playing it in a couple of years when I finally get a PS5.

Picked up Subnautica: Below Zero as it was finally on offer. Struggled a bit at first as it seems less easy to find upgrades at first, but finally made quite a bit of progress today, until I didn't realise there wasn't an autosave on it, and quit without saving. 3+ hours gone GAHHHHHHHH.
Having played S:BZ, I can see how annoying this is. Condolences for the time lost :lol Nowhere near as annoying as a biome you'll get to later though!

They're releasing Sony games on PC now, I want to playthrough Uncharted 4, then move onto the new GoW series. Going to finish my last semester first and then engage in my nerdity in the new year :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Get off my virtual lawn server!

Post by gbruin »

You kids and your newfangled games. We're getting a new desktop this week and I'm installing old school Myst. Might even get the VR version.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: use the red pages Greg... use the red!

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:24 pm You kids and your newfangled games. We're getting a new desktop this week and I'm installing old school Myst. Might even get the VR version.
"I'm in a fireplace - but it's VR!"
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

"Hmm, what's this 'PS5' the whippersnappers are talking about?" *fires up Microsoft Encarta*
zazthespaz wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:17 am Having played S:BZ, I can see how annoying this is. Condolences for the time lost :lol Nowhere near as annoying as a biome you'll get to later though!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: My Skyrim character is going to hell.

Post by zazthespaz »

Because I play with so many breaks in between and the quest tracking system sucks, I completed a quest in Skyrim yesterday for an apparently evil deity in which I was rewarded with a mace that absorbs the souls of people I kill with it. I don't feel good about this :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Banhammer...soulstealermace...it's all the same from my seat

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:53 pm Because I play with so many breaks in between and the quest tracking system sucks, I completed a quest in Skyrim yesterday for an apparently evil deity in which I was rewarded with a mace that absorbs the souls of people I kill with it. :lol
How is that different from your moderator powers here?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Nobody talk to me in January.

Post by Ubik »

zazthespaz wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:17 am Having played S:BZ, I can see how annoying this is. Condolences for the time lost :lol Nowhere near as annoying as a biome you'll get to later though!
Snow island?

Time to finally play Red Dead Redemption 2 wooooo!

Also hope Shea hasn't been absorbed into Asgard in GoW.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Snow "island" sucks in RDR2 too...

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:36 pm
Snow island?

Time to finally play Red Dead Redemption 2 wooooo!
:lol that's the one! Made it through ok?

RDR2 is fun - you haven't played yet? I think the amount of effort that went into the environment and how great it looks (even on medium graphics) was my favorite part of that game.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:53 am RDR2 - I think the amount of effort that went into the environment and how great it looks (even on medium graphics) was my favorite part of that game.
Agreed. The amount of times I used to load up that game just to go for a horse ride around the world somewhere - crazy good game.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:53 am :lol that's the one! Made it through ok?

RDR2 is fun - you haven't played yet? I think the amount of effort that went into the environment and how great it looks (even on medium graphics) was my favorite part of that game.
Gah, eventually. Didn't even figure how to get the fur for the warm suit till I was basically at the endgame, when I didn't need it. Game was decent overall but thought it definitely lacked the magic of the first one.

Yeah, Red Dead was one of my "I'll wait for PS5" games but saw it for ultra cheap and thought I might as well. Also just watched the English which got me in the mood for westerns! (Also a very good show.) And yeah, this world is insane, I'm out of the snowy prologue now (snowlogue?) and slightly overwhelmed. Been savaged by a bear that I shot multiple times in the head with a rifle and had a partially built house fall on me.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Ubik wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:20 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:53 am :lol that's the one! Made it through ok?

Gah, eventually. Didn't even figure how to get the fur for the warm suit till I was basically at the endgame, when I didn't need it. Game was decent overall but thought it definitely lacked the magic of the first one.

Yeah, Red Dead was one of my "I'll wait for PS5" games but saw it for ultra cheap and thought I might as well. Also just watched the English which got me in the mood for westerns! (Also a very good show.) And yeah, this world is insane, I'm out of the snowy prologue now (snowlogue?) and slightly overwhelmed. Been savaged by a bear that I shot multiple times in the head with a rifle and had a partially built house fall on me.
Have you seen Open Range, Ubik? That’s one of my favourites.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

After over 50 hours of gameplay I finally got 100% completion in God of War: Ragnarok tonight! :D An amazing narrative with great gameplay and minimal bugs/glitches throughout my playthrough. One of the best games Ive played in years and definitely an improvement from 2018's GoW. They wrote the characters so well, everyone had good development and conclusions to their story. But Kratos is obviously my favorite in the game. :lol It'll be sad if its the end of the Norse saga though. I want as many in the Norse-verse as we got in the Greek-verse :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I'm never finishing Skyrim I guess...

Post by zazthespaz »

Installed The Witcher 3's next gen update on my (cheap) gaming laptop. Holy crap it looks great, only played 30 minutes but noticed a lot of the smaller things had much more detail (plates, surfaces) and that was on a laptop who's fan was running so fast it made it hard to hear :lol Can't wait to see some (other people's) videos with the ray tracing turned on and settings to the max!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: after I play the Witcher 3 next gen, Cyberpunk, God of War, The Last of...

Post by zazthespaz »

Took a year and two months but I finally beat Skyrim :lol Going to wrap up a few remaining side quests I think and call it quits.

Then start a new game with a crap ton of mods :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Looking forward to playing Jedi: Survivor when I get back home from my current vacation trip back to my hometown!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:29 pm Looking forward to playing Jedi: Survivor when I get back home from my current vacation trip back to my hometown!
Realized yesterday that its PS5/XSERIESX exclusive :rolleyes ...Do I want to spend over $700 for a PS5 for my birthday :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:58 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:29 pm Looking forward to playing Jedi: Survivor when I get back home from my current vacation trip back to my hometown!
Realized yesterday that its PS5/XSERIESX exclusive :rolleyes ...Do I want to spend over $700 for a PS5 for my birthday :lol
From what I’ve heard you’ll probably want to wait for a few patches anyways. I played the first game but haven’t gotten around to the second one yet. From what I’ve read online it’s a few patches away from having the bugs worked out of it.

I liked the first one but it also wasn’t good enough to warrant paying full price for the sequel. Given the state of the game at launch, it’ll probably be be on a decent sale around the holidays.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Andy92 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:37 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:58 am
From what I’ve heard you’ll probably want to wait for a few patches anyways. I played the first game but haven’t gotten around to the second one yet. From what I’ve read online it’s a few patches away from having the bugs worked out of it.

I liked the first one but it also wasn’t good enough to warrant paying full price for the sequel. Given the state of the game at launch, it’ll probably be be on a decent sale around the holidays.
Almost as if it wasn't ready for release. Gotta love the video games industry :D