Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:15 pm
Ubik wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:39 pm Keep meaning to go back and collect the last of the data things, but I'm worried I'll have forgotten all the combat and run into a Thunderjaw.
That just builds character.
OH GOD THE ARROWS DO NOTHING
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:46 pm
Andy92 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:15 pm
Ubik wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:39 pm Keep meaning to go back and collect the last of the data things, but I'm worried I'll have forgotten all the combat and run into a Thunderjaw.
That just builds character.
OH GOD THE ARROWS DO NOTHING
:lol Get one of the bows where you can notch 3 arrows at a time, and scan them often to hit their critical points. They’re fairly useful with that combo.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

For anyone who likes turned based strategy, check out Slay the Spire. It's a deck builder. You start with 10 simple cards and add more complex cards after each fight by choosing from random card rewards. With a little experience, you'll start discovering powerful synergies between certain cards and relics (items you occasionally obtain that add little modifiers to your abilities). It's light on story and focuses instead on the combat which is masterfully executed. It's not a long game, but you'll often die before winning a run and you restart from scratch each time. It took me a couple runs before it clicked, but I ended up putting around 200 hours into the game. I played it on the Switch, but it's available on basically every platform at this point, even mobile.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Finished Uncharted 4 today....Easily one of the best games Ive ever played in all my years of gaming. For a 2016 game it has some of the best graphics and environments I've ever seen in a video game before. The story, the writing, the characters, the graphics, the acting, the audio design...everything about it was pure art. I also loved the interactions between Nate and Elena and how their story ends.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I WARNED YOU!

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:10 pm Finished Uncharted 4 today....Easily one of the best games Ive ever played in all my years of gaming. For a 2016 game it has some of the best graphics and environments I've ever seen in a video game before. The story, the writing, the characters, the graphics, the acting, the audio design...everything about it was pure art. I also loved the interactions between Nate and Elena and how their story ends.
NOW YOU KNOW WHAT THE RELATIONSHIPS ARE GOING TO BE LIKE IN 1, 2, AND 3. WAY TO SPOIL IT FOR YOURSELF, SHEA.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: My bad, zaz.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:43 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:10 pm Finished Uncharted 4 today....Easily one of the best games Ive ever played in all my years of gaming. For a 2016 game it has some of the best graphics and environments I've ever seen in a video game before. The story, the writing, the characters, the graphics, the acting, the audio design...everything about it was pure art. I also loved the interactions between Nate and Elena and how their story ends.
NOW YOU KNOW WHAT THE RELATIONSHIPS ARE GOING TO BE LIKE IN 1, 2, AND 3. WAY TO SPOIL IT FOR YOURSELF, SHEA.
OOPS.
:rolleyes :lol Nah Zaz I obviously played through 1-3 before I played 4! Im not a monster ! :lol

I started Lost Legacy tonight and still the environments in these levels are super stunning! As usual with Uncharted there's a shitload of foliage and water and mountains and sky to look at in awe :lol

I forgot to get back to you on what I thought of Uncharted 2 but tbh I burned through that first trilogy so fast it just felt like one continuous game to me :lol I will say that Uncharted 4 is the best of the series no contest. They were all fun to play and had enjoyable stories but 4 was the most rewarding experience by the end of the game for me.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Yay Shea!

Post by zazthespaz »

Oh good! You flew through those, Uncharted 2 took me a while to get through if I remember correctly. Glad to hear 4 lives up to the hype though!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

April 24: "currently playing Last of US"
May 1: "just finished Uncharted 4" (and apparently last of us and uncharted 1 to 3)

That's 4+ not at all short games in 7 days. Damn.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

davidstvz wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:45 am April 24: "currently playing Last of US"
May 1: "just finished Uncharted 4" (and apparently last of us and uncharted 1 to 3)

That's 4+ not at all short games in 7 days. Damn.
Well to be fair Im currently unemployed with no other major responsibilities so I've just been going through all my games I bought at full speed pretty much :lol

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

That helps! I was at home for a week several years ago due to a foot injury and used the time to play through Mass Effect 3. I had been sitting on the game for a while due to lack of time and figured if I didn't play it then I never would.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Shut up, Greg.

Post by zazthespaz »

Subnautica Below Zero was finished and released. I'd done everything up until the very end so I logged in and did the finale. Kind of boring and lackluster coming back to do just that after beating the game over 2 months ago :lol Still not sure I understand what happened to the sister, I might have to go back and replay it now that it's been finished and get a better understanding of everything. Although I really don't want to do the snowspeeder parts. Hated those and the map layout was confusing as hell.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I moved to a new house 45 days ago and somehow lost my Nintendo Switch in the process. I had packed it up into its original retail box and then I can't quite remember what I did with it. It's easy for me to forget such things at my advanced age. I *thought* I stuffed the retail box into a bigger nondescript box with some other junk from the same room, but it's possible I just left it out, in which case it would have been a juicy target for a thief.

I think I'm more pissed that I can't remember what I did with it than I am about the money. I've looked every place I can think to look, but I guess it could still be in the new house somewhere. There's an outside chance it's still in the old house, up on a closet shelf. I'll check that on my way to work in a bit.

I wish Nintendo were releasing a successor or even an upgraded model soon in which case I'd just do without until that was available, but they recently squashed such rumors.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I just bought Maneater on Xbox. It was on sale for $14. You play as a killer shark in an RPG game where you go after the person that killed your mother. It looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks Andy!

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I spoke to soon about new Switches... Nintendo dismissed rumors but of course they did have something in the works. It's not a successor of course, just a new model Switch with an OLED screen. If I don't find my old one I'll just wait until October and get one of those. Or to be honest, I could still go with the old model, but only if they drop the price from $300. Hopefully there aren't issues with stock. It's such a pain in the ass to get new consoles.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I can't believe how expensive Breath of the Wild still is. Damn Nintendo and their stubborn pricing.
For all of the hope that it brings...

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Yeah, I remember back when every game dropped down to $20 bucks seemingly a few months from its release date. It seems like everyone is keeping those prices jacked for longer these days, but Nintendo most of all.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Not sure if anyone here played Hollow Knight, but if you’re into 2D Metroidvania games with a lot of exploration, there’s a Kickstarter active right now for a game in early development called Crowsworn. I enjoy this genre a lot and figured I’d post about the Kickstarter here in case if anyone is interested in checking it out.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Hollow Knight was indeed very good. A lot of "Metroidvania" games I feel get more attention than they deserve due to their good graphics, but HK has it where it counts in addition to looking really great.

Crowsworn looks good, but who is developing it? I see a studio name, but they're brand new and I didn't see any information about who's really behind the game.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

davidstvz wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:08 pm Crowsworn looks good, but who is developing it? I see a studio name, but they're brand new and I didn't see any information about who's really behind the game.
Mongoose Rodeo is their name but yeah looks like a new indie company. I think one of their employees has worked with Team Cherry (Hollow Knight was also a Kickstarter funded game so there’s been a lot of comparisons).

The stuff they’ve done so far looks good and the people on the team have been doing video game development for like 20 years, so I’m willing to take a shot on the Kickstarter for the digital copy since it’s not too much money. They’ve already raised like 5-10 times the money the Hollow Knight Kickstarter did lol

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I think the only Kickstarter I've participated in was for Bloodstained. It took forever, but at least the final product was solid (unlike say Mighty No. 9). No reason not to take the gamble on it if you want to contribute!