Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by Andy92 »

I just finished Control (excellent game, albeit a bit short), and the end credits song is Fear of a Blank Planet.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I have finally started Heavy Rain due to life, and good LORD I am tired of pushing buttons.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Titfall!

Post by Inconquerable »

PRS10Top wrote:Titanfall 2 is the bees' knees.
Read this as "Titfall" and thought I walked into the wrong thread.

Anybody play Super Mario Odyssey from a few years ago? I've been playing that for a few hours a night since last week and I like it a lot so far. Shaking the Joy Cons is kind of iffy, also if I ever fling one of those things and it breaks I'll be really mad considering how expensive they are! But big fan, the levels all look really nice and the gameplay is fun. I'm spending more time trying to find the power moons than anything else right now.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I did like Odyssey. I probably didn’t spend as much time with it as I did with a game like Sunshine when I was a kid, but it was still a fun play through. I beat the main game but didn’t feel like going for 100% moon collection because there’s just so many.

I did find all 120 Shrines on Breath of the Wild...but finding the total moon count on Odyssey seems more daunting than that lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Doom: Eternal is the best game of 2020! :cloud9 :headbang :rockon

Micky
On The Rail

Re: Titfall!

Post by Micky »

Inconquerable wrote:
PRS10Top wrote:Titanfall 2 is the bees' knees.
Read this as "Titfall" and thought I walked into the wrong thread.

Anybody play Super Mario Odyssey from a few years ago? I've been playing that for a few hours a night since last week and I like it a lot so far. Shaking the Joy Cons is kind of iffy, also if I ever fling one of those things and it breaks I'll be really mad considering how expensive they are! But big fan, the levels all look really nice and the gameplay is fun. I'm spending more time trying to find the power moons than anything else right now.
I actually just beat Odyssey (don't think i 100% it though), it's a really fun game. One of the first games I got on my switch.

Currently playing Breath of the Wild. I'm kind of lost, but not in a bad way. I am enjoying just wandering around finding things to do
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Any heathens kill the director before he finished the movie?!

Post by Inconquerable »

Micky wrote:I actually just beat Odyssey (don't think i 100% it though), it's a really fun game. One of the first games I got on my switch.
Nice! I'm really enjoying it. I played Super Mario Galaxy over the Christmas break and it gives me the same sort of vibe. Easier to control though!

Luigi's Mansion 3 is a lot of fun too.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’m not sure if you all are into turn-based RPGs, but Fire Emblem: Three Houses was probably my favorite Switch game so far next to Breath of the Wild.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I just bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 for xbox. I'll probably link up with Andy on there if anyone else wants to join.

I've been playing Dead by Daylight a lot lately(i love that game), I had to take a break from Zelda, as I found I was getting a little too invested in it. I love it though.
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: see my "friend", who likes to cough and burp into his.

Post by zazthespaz »

What is it with console players and open mics? I had two games in CoD today where I was put on teams with console players and in both, they were yelling at someone in their house. One in Spanish so I couldn't appreciate the argument. Did keep me from hearing the enemies who came up on us and took us all out though which was great. 2nd time was in the warm up and the guy was yelling at his girlfriend about what to do with their empties. I told him he was too annoying for me and I left. Open mics are annoying as hell.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Re: see my "friend", who likes to cough and burp into his.

Post by Micky »

zazthespaz wrote:What is it with console players and open mics? I had two games in CoD today where I was put on teams with console players and in both, they were yelling at someone in their house. One in Spanish so I couldn't appreciate the argument. Did keep me from hearing the enemies who came up on us and took us all out though which was great. 2nd time was in the warm up and the guy was yelling at his girlfriend about what to do with their empties. I told him he was too annoying for me and I left. Open mics are annoying as hell.
Happens to me in CoD all the fucking time. What console
Do you play it on?
Thanks Andy!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Cam is a PC elitist.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: MA! THE MEATLOAF.

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:Cam is a PC elitist.
:rockon
I'm better than these console loudmouths; why should I have to listen to them argue with their moms?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I bought the newest RE remake yesterday and beat it already. Its a good game, but why do they make their campaigns so short? I feel like they sacrifice length for quality. :/

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I bought the newest RE remake yesterday and beat it already. Its a good game, but why do they make their campaigns so short? I feel like they sacrifice length for quality. :/
I am still playing RE2 remake, but am confused with it. I have read that RE3 remake is way too short, so i'll wait until it gets cheaper.
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Micky wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I bought the newest RE remake yesterday and beat it already. Its a good game, but why do they make their campaigns so short? I feel like they sacrifice length for quality. :/
I am still playing RE2 remake, but am confused with it. I have read that RE3 remake is way too short, so i'll wait until it gets cheaper.
I probably should have :lol why are you confused with it. Just YouTube guides :lol

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Micky wrote:
I probably should have :lol why are you confused with it. Just YouTube guides :lol
I don't like doing that unless I absolutely have to. I prefer trying to figure it out on my own.
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Micky wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Micky wrote:
I don't like doing that unless I absolutely have to. I prefer trying to figure it out on my own.
:shrug Oh well then good luck figuring it out I guess :lol I just YouTubed all the safe and locker combos and locations of certain things :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: sig has changed so this makes no sense

Post by Ubik »

Ubik wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Ocarina of Time was the benchmark all other games were measured against in the late 90s imo. Ever since that game, Zelda has always been good, but it wasn't the benchmark any longer as everyone became interested in Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Elder Scrolls, etc. (I could go on with examples but you get the idea.)

Breath of the Wild puts Zelda back in that benchmark area of the gaming industry. It has the massive size of games like Skyrim and The Witcher, but it has the artistic nature that Nintendo games are known for. The scenery in this game is absolutely stunning.

Now, if you pick up Breath of the Wild as your first Zelda game, you're gonna miss out on the nostalgia factor I feel in playing this game, but I still think you'd be highly impressed with it.
It does look really pretty and the gameplay looks really fun, just wish they'd put it out on other consoles :lol I've also missed out on all the Mario delirium since I moved on from my SNES.

Meanwhile, Horizon Zero Dawn also looks great but after my No Man's Sky pre-order debacle, I'm refusing to get newly released games even when they're actually good.
I'm a man of my word - three years since I made this post, I have now played Horizon! It was pretty great and I can now factually state that I am an adept hunter of robot t-rexes.

Still not got a Switch but still kinda want one. I bought so many games in the playstation sale though... Including all the Dark Souls which I have discovered I'm too impatient for.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Need to take out a loan for these games though.

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:I did like Odyssey. I probably didn’t spend as much time with it as I did with a game like Sunshine when I was a kid, but it was still a fun play through. I beat the main game but didn’t feel like going for 100% moon collection because there’s just so many.

I did find all 120 Shrines on Breath of the Wild...but finding the total moon count on Odyssey seems more daunting than that lol
I think I missed this when we were talking about Odyssey, but there was talk that they're going to remaster Sunshine for the Switch for the 35th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros! I kind of remember playing it but don't remember a tonne about it. They're remastering a bunch of the 3D Mario games though which is cool.