Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Micky
On The Rail

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by Micky »

Joella and I go to antique shops every few weeks and yesterday we went to one that had a poster for Call of Duty WWII from 2017...for $85!!!! The game wasn't THAT good, so the poster doesn't warrant even $20!
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Maybe if I die by ice solidification, I'll get a new achievement...

Post by zazthespaz »

Micky wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:55 am Joella and I go to antique shops every few weeks and yesterday we went to one that had a poster for Call of Duty WWII from 2017...for $85!!!! The game wasn't THAT good, so the poster doesn't warrant even $20!
The game wasn't even worth $85! It still isn't :lol Maybe they think it's really from WWII? Try selling them a poster from Vanguard for $45.
Ubik wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:48 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:53 pm I was afraid it'd be a lot of reading and waiting from here on out :lol You've got me wondering about my ship though, I'll have to think about what I can do with that... hmmm....

Yeah I did buy the DLC. I haven't seen anything about DLC in the game yet though, will it become evident when I should do that/when the DLC starts?
Reading is fun! Now I'm hoping you've got the clues I'm thinking of so you don't just read a load of unhelpful ones again and again...

It's basically picked up via a new exhibit (as in, it says "new exhibit" on it) in the museum. You can really do it when you want, it just uses parts of your log for stuff so it's best to have the main game more or less solved before starting it.
I think I was focusing too much on the things that say "There's Still More to Explore Here" and spending too much time in those places. I've reread a lot of clues and found there were things I've been missing. So trying to take care of those. It's amazing how much timing makes a difference. I.e. getting to the Sun Station and the crack on the Interloper (I read a clue for that, still trying to get the timing down - it's really testing my patience :lol )
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Yeah I spent way too many loops just getting totally lost in Ember Twin (and totally crushed by sand in Ember Twin). Bit I was looking for wasn't even in the same place. When you get in the Interloper - hope you don't enjoy friction!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I've been playing Hades. Very addictive gameplay loop with lots of tactical choices in the combat. The story is cleverly presented too.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Video Game Bonanza: Grinds My Gears Edition

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I'll never be able to understand how you can connect to and play certain games online with zero issues and then go and try to play another game that you can't connect to online at all. For example, I can play any of the Gears of War, Halo, Call of Duty (with the exception of Cold War, which I couldn't play online) games without issue and then install and try to play Back 4 Blood and it still wont let me go past the start up screen because of connection issues just like it didn't during the beta. Connection issues really need to stop being a thing in 2021. I dont know how/why some developers can't get their servers right.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Gonna wake up dreaming about this...

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:34 am Yeah I spent way too many loops just getting totally lost in Ember Twin (and totally crushed by sand in Ember Twin). Bit I was looking for wasn't even in the same place. When you get in the Interloper - hope you don't enjoy friction!
Figured out the Interloper, did a couple trials by error before remembering I could have just launched the scout a few times and found the path of least resistance :rolleyes Found the Stranger this afternoon and have spent the past few hours trying to figure it out. I think I've almost got it but I gotta go to bed :lol :(
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Gonna wake up dreaming about this...

Post by Ubik »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:11 am
Ubik wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:34 am Yeah I spent way too many loops just getting totally lost in Ember Twin (and totally crushed by sand in Ember Twin). Bit I was looking for wasn't even in the same place. When you get in the Interloper - hope you don't enjoy friction!
Figured out the Interloper, did a couple trials by error before remembering I could have just launched the scout a few times and found the path of least resistance :rolleyes Found the Stranger this afternoon and have spent the past few hours trying to figure it out. I think I've almost got it but I gotta go to bed :lol :(
Wait you found the Stranger?! That's the DLC! If you figured it out in a few hours you're a legit genius :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Would’ve sucked to finish and expect the DLC to come..

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:34 am
zazthespaz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:11 am
Wait you found the Stranger?! That's the DLC! If you figured it out in a few hours you're a legit genius :lol
Oh whoops! :lol Guess I need to refocus on getting to the Quantum Moon cause I have no idea about how to do that yet even after the tower on Giant’s Deep. Might as well finish the Stranger I guess…
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Planetception

Post by zazthespaz »

I might have more to complete with the Stranger than I initially thought. Just found out how to activate the green fire and oh boy...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

:lol Outer Wilds takes it personally if you ever think you've got a handle on things.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

New Halo: Infinite gameplay looks promising for the campaign. I might actually really enjoy the change of pace from a basic linear missions format from Halo. Looks like the delay paid off after all :lol Only 44 more days to go :rockon

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Man, that looks pretty insane. You young whippersnappers probably don't even remember the original Halo or Doom. Things have come a looooong way.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 pm Man, that looks pretty insane. You young whippersnappers probably don't even remember the original Halo or Doom. Things have come a looooong way.
I played Halo: Combat Evolved on the OG xbox all the way back in 2001 when I was just 6 years old so I guess you couldnt say I dont remember playing it for the first time ;) :lol Didn't get into Doom until the 2016 iteration, though. :eek

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I played the original Halo when I was a kid and basically grew up on that series. I was young at the time but I do remember it.

The original DOOM…wasn’t around at the time of its heyday but I have played through the original one. The shotgun that shoots forever is a classic.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I managed to get addicted to 8 Ball Pool last week. Had to stop playing because I had to finish my college applications. I might start playing again.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Andy92 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:21 pm I played the original Halo when I was a kid and basically grew up on that series. I was young at the time but I do remember it.

The original DOOM…wasn’t around at the time of its heyday but I have played through the original one. The shotgun that shoots forever is a classic.
Yeah, the Doom single barrel shotgun is incredibly long range. I've replayed all the Doom recently on my Switch and tried to get into some of the content I had never really played (or hadn't played much) such as TNT and Evilution, and the master levels, but without the nostalgia factor it's hard to go back. I will say this: I did play the mod done in the last few years by John Romero. He basically remade the 3rd episode of the original Doom (where you take the fight to Hell). That is, he follows the same story but remakes all the levels completely. I don't believe he did any work on the original Doom after the first episode and it shows. His vision of Hell is about 10x cooler than the original game. Still, after 20+ years, it had to be quite different from what he would have done in the 90's.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I have obtained Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice... this will be fun but I'm sure also hard as nails and frustrating at the same time.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Crumbso wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:31 am I have obtained Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice... this will be fun but I'm sure also hard as nails and frustrating at the same time.
That’s the only Soulsborne game I’ve never played besides Dark Souls 2 (I own DS2 but never got around to it).

My favorites are Dark Souls 3 and the recent remake of Demon’s Souls. They’re all challenging games but once you get the style down they all play pretty similarly. I’ve read Sekiro requires more parrying than a lot of the others.

I’m really looking forward to Elden Ring. The dark fantasy vibe is more my thing compared to the Samuri route Sekiro goes for. I enjoyed Ghost of Tsushima, but when playing a Soulsborne game I enjoy the more traditional fantasy storylines.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I remember reading an import review of Demon's Souls before it hit the states and the game sounded great. I picked it up immediately when it released without worrying about reading other reviews which was a rarity for me. I still haven't played Sekiro myself... no time lately with a 2 and 3 year old running around. One of these days.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: open world is not for stupid people.

Post by zazthespaz »

Had my friend set up Family Sharing through Steam on my pc so I could play his copy of Skyrim. I bought it a little after it first came out on my PS3, but didn't understand how Bethesda games worked and took the long way up the backside of the mountain to get to the Dragon people, got frustrated, and never went back. This game makes a lot more sense and is much more fun when you play as intended!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says