Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
TheLastHero
Bought The CDs

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by TheLastHero »

Dude my friend is literally playing Skyrim right now

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: next up: decade celebration version

Post by zazthespaz »

I think everyone always has a friend who is playing Skyrim right now. There’s a reason they’re putting together a 3rd iteration of it to sell :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TheLastHero
Bought The CDs

Post by TheLastHero »

For the record, I actually never play video games. I wish I could be an epic gamer, but I have, like, no access to video games. On top of that, I'm going to major in digital media in college. Pretty sure I'm setting myself up for failure.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I refused to play Skyrim for the longest time. Then over the years I eventually caved and bought it for the 360 and the remaster for the PS4. I love the game but find myself getting bored with it from time to time so I don't play it too frequently.

I hate how much they've milked the game and wish they'd just release the next game in the series!
Thanks Andy!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Andy92 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:26 pm
Crumbso wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:31 am I have obtained Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice... this will be fun but I'm sure also hard as nails and frustrating at the same time.
That’s the only Soulsborne game I’ve never played besides Dark Souls 2 (I own DS2 but never got around to it).

My favorites are Dark Souls 3 and the recent remake of Demon’s Souls. They’re all challenging games but once you get the style down they all play pretty similarly. I’ve read Sekiro requires more parrying than a lot of the others.

I’m really looking forward to Elden Ring. The dark fantasy vibe is more my thing compared to the Samuri route Sekiro goes for. I enjoyed Ghost of Tsushima, but when playing a Soulsborne game I enjoy the more traditional fantasy storylines.
I love and despise this game all at the same time :lol Sometimes I'll be having a fantastic time being challenged and other times it feels like the challenge is just arbitrarily difficult and I'll die to the same enemy 20 times without really knowing why or because of some obscure feature that I could never know about without going on the internet.

I do prefer it to Dark Souls by some margin. The combat encourages more speed and aggression and really is more focused around parrying and finding openings for attack. The stealth is pretty awesome too, it reminds me of the old Tenchu: Stealth Assisin games (man that shows my age).

Elden Ring does look pretty great but I will miss the mobility of Sekiro if it returns to a more lumbering Dark Souls style of movement.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Been playing a lot of Farming Simulator 22. Actually, unironically, a GREAT game.

When you guys doing another Splitgate night? Maybe a certain admin whose name rhymes with BazTheSnaz should organize something like that. 👀
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

ThravRande wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:35 am Been playing a lot of Farming Simulator 22. Actually, unironically, a GREAT game.

When you guys doing another Splitgate night? Maybe a certain admin whose name rhymes with BazTheSnaz should organize something like that. 👀
I’ve been on Halo most recently but would be down for another night of Splitgate. Also if anyone would want to play Halo, multiplayer is free on both PC and Xbox.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Or we just start "Settlers of Catan Tuesdays."

Post by zazthespaz »

:D I've been meaning to play again but ever since November came I've been busy most weekends and doesn't look like that'll change til after the new year! It really as fun playing and chatting with you guys (+ Shea the stalker) last time, definitely want to do it again!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Pretty much been playing Halo Infinite since it dropped this month. :rockon

Played the campaign on Legendary difficulty on my first time through it since I heard beforehand about their being no level select. :rolleyes

Definitely easier than I anticipated it being, minus a few of the boss fights that proved to be a bit challenging. Especially the last few. :lol

Overall I'm pleased with the story although when you just focus on the main missions and none of the side stuff, the game does seem relatively short unfortunately. I completed all side objectives, collectibles, etc on Legendary with just under 30 hours of total playtime. :D

Cant even play the MP though because I can't play Infinite online so I've just been playing the campaign offline this whole time...But at least they still let people do that, I guess :lol

But It's really ridiculous how much of an unfinished state they launched this game in. No Co-op campaign, or mission select for the campaign on launch and not for at least about another half a year. Tons of glitches and bugs still in the game as well. Im glad I made it through my first playthrough with out a hitch, though! :D

And tbh I dont have much faith in the development team to uphold their promise/promotion of a "10 year plan" for this game because I seriously doubt its community is gonna last that long with the state of the game right now. People will get bored and move onto the next best release like usual. And the lack of content at launch doesn't help keep a playerbase. :/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I tend to be really bad at 2d platformers but just got Hollow Knight recently and it's AWESOME. I'm still a mess when boss fights come around but I'm a jumpy slashy king in between those parts.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:57 pm I tend to be really bad at 2d platformers but just got Hollow Knight recently and it's AWESOME. I'm still a mess when boss fights come around but I'm a jumpy slashy king in between those parts.
Hollow Knight is such a good game. I always loved Metroid games growing up and it’s got that whole 2D exploration vibe down. The death system and boss fights borrow a lot from Dark Souls so for a 2D game it’s pretty challenging. I think I put around 50 hours into that game back when I beat it, so it has a lot of content to get out of it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:35 pm
Ubik wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:57 pm I tend to be really bad at 2d platformers but just got Hollow Knight recently and it's AWESOME. I'm still a mess when boss fights come around but I'm a jumpy slashy king in between those parts.
Hollow Knight is such a good game. I always loved Metroid games growing up and it’s got that whole 2D exploration vibe down. The death system and boss fights borrow a lot from Dark Souls so for a 2D game it’s pretty challenging. I think I put around 50 hours into that game back when I beat it, so it has a lot of content to get out of it.
I currently have a lot of money and nothing to spend it on yet, so the TERROR I feel venturing anywhere new is real.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:30 pm
Andy92 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:35 pm
Hollow Knight is such a good game. I always loved :D Metroid games growing up and it’s got that whole 2D exploration vibe down. The death system and boss fights borrow a lot from Dark Souls so for a 2D game it’s pretty challenging. I think I put around 50 hours into that game back when I beat it, so it has a lot of content to get out of it.
I currently have a lot of money and nothing to spend it on yet, so the TERROR I feel venturing anywhere new is real.
Just wait until you stumble in a boss room by accident. :D

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:17 pm Just wait until you stumble in a boss room by accident. :D
Way ahead of you :lol Worst was when I tried to cross a long sea when I clearly didn't have the right abilities, inadvertently died (multiple times) and my ghost decided to hang out in a section I couldn't get to. That ghost owes me 1500 geo.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:07 pm
Andy92 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:17 pm Just wait until you stumble in a boss room by accident. :D
Way ahead of you :lol Worst was when I tried to cross a long sea when I clearly didn't have the right abilities, inadvertently died (multiple times) and my ghost decided to hang out in a section I couldn't get to. That ghost owes me 1500 geo.
I have 50 hours on my save file and probably spent 5-7 of them trying to cross an area I didn’t have an ability unlocked for lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Got The Witcher 3 and all its expansions for $20 on sale recently and have been playing that, Its a fun game to play but now I'm under leveled and at a spot in the main story that wont let me leave the mission so Im stuck in an endless loop of trying to kill this boss while under leveled with only one save file (because I have a habit of deleting all previous saves except for the most recent one :/ ) and I dont know if I will be able to beat it eventually after hours of trial and error or if I should just restart game from scratch and be more careful. There was some side quests in the first area I failed also because I left the area not knowing I couldnt go back to them eventually. :/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Which boss is it? Been ages since I played so probably won't be able to help much but I do remember running away from a fair few. Also change your saving habits Shea :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Witcher 3 is like Hollow Knight - Full of bugs

Post by Andy92 »

If you’re playing on normal mode you can get by early using Igni a lot and just burning your way out of stuff. Just keep dodging attacks until it refills then burn again. If you’re fighting something immune to fire then use one of your other magics that does physical attack.

If you’re playing on a higher difficulty then you need to pay attention to things like oils for your sword and other temporary buffs through potions. Hopefully you’re not in this situation though since you can’t exactly change your inventory right now lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: hi zaz!

Post by Timotheus »

Re: Witcher 3 is like Hollow Knight - Full of bugs
:yeahthat

Edit: BUGS
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Its all good I managed to get through it eventually :lol

Kinda embarrassing but it was just the Botchling :lol

But The Witcher definitely feels like a game that will take ages for me to even understand or learn all the mechanics of it. 90% of the stuff in my inventory I have no clue what to do with or how to get more coin and not always be so damn broke :lol