Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Bugs! Hi Timo 👋🏻

Post by zazthespaz »

Shea, I think you should stream your playthrough for us. We’ll watch and give pointers! For example, sell a bunch of the crap you’re carrying around for gold!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Bugs! Hi Timo 👋🏻

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:25 pm Shea, I think you should stream your playthrough for us. We’ll watch and give pointers! For example, sell a bunch of the crap you’re carrying around for gold!
I'll get performance anxiety on stream :lol But If you want to organize that Zaz then I wont say no to help :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Watch me grow some corn.

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:13 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:25 pm Shea, I think you should stream your playthrough for us. We’ll watch and give pointers! For example, sell a bunch of the crap you’re carrying around for gold!
I'll get performance anxiety on stream :lol But If you want to organize that Zaz then I wont say no to help :lol
Pfft, 90% of my Witcher playthrough was me spamming the sword button - I won’t be judging! Except during Gwent.
But you should install discord on Xbox (is that possible?) and just stream through the TABN channel. Then we’ll periodically jump on and watch. We can organize a Shea Plays night on Tuesdays where you go HAM and we all watch at the same time.

Either that or I start streaming Stardew Valley and force you all to watch.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Watch me grow some corn.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:21 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:13 pm
Pfft, 90% of my Witcher playthrough was me spamming the sword button - I won’t be judging! Except during Gwent.
But you should install discord on Xbox (is that possible?) and just stream through the TABN channel. Then we’ll periodically jump on and watch. We can organize a Shea Plays night on Tuesdays where you go HAM and we all watch at the same time.

Either that or I start streaming Stardew Valley and force you all to watch.
I tried getting my console to stream on Discord using the discord web page on Microsoft Edge on my console but no luck so I guess zaz is gonna be a Stardew Streamer :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I refuse to let you guys watch me cut my hay.

Post by zazthespaz »

I don’t have an Xbox and even I know that’s the worst way to go about doing that!
https://www.proxboxclub.com/how-to-stre ... o-discord/
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Still on that Witcher 3 grind... Level 19 right now IIRC. I have a habit of running around the maps and "discovering" all the markers first before actually completing them or being a high enough level to even attempt them :lol and completely uncovered all markers on the Velen/Novigrad map. Im supposed to be travelling to Skellige right now but I'm waiting until all possible quests I can complete at my current rank are finished before travelling, too. :lol

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Anyone here do any VR gaming?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I’d probably get sick playing though

Post by zazthespaz »

mitch103 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:40 am Anyone here do any VR gaming?
Thought about getting a set last year but signed up for a master’s degree instead. Still not sure I made the good choice :lol Do you have a VR set? A lot of games I want to try on that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Oh man, I could go on and on raving like a lunatic about how amazing Virtual Reality is.. its something that can't really be explained. It needs to be experienced.

The best news is a high quality headset is cheaper than ever. The oculus quest 2, despite its requirement of needing to have a Facebook account, is hands down the best bang for your buck, and VR investment in general. No wires, no need for a decent gaming pc (although that will help if you want to play the true cream of the crop VR games, and the requirements arent that intense..).

I started with psvr because I had a ps4 and no gaming pc. This was before the quest 2 came out and I was bound and determined not to ever go back to pc gaming. Yeah that all changed when I saw the Half Life: Alyx trailer 😂. But yeah my first experience was resident evil 7 in vr on psvr and it made me experience something I've never felt before in a video game: Genuine discomfort that I might actually be in danger of bodily harm IN REAL LIFE. It was so nuts. It feels like you're actually there. There's depth perception. It's so immersive. Psvr is annoying though with the poor tracking, all the cables and wires, and cameras and calibration nonsense, and low resolution which causes a screen door effect. That's why I never got the pcvr headsets like the rift or the valve index.

The quest 2 fixes all of that. It has one game in particular that is a must play: Resident Evil 4 vr remake, and it's only on the quest 2. Man that was so much fun.. there are lots of other fun games you can play on the quest but most of them are much more enjoyable utilizing the power of a gaming pc which allows for significantly higher fidelity and frame rates, etc.
There are 2 ways to do it: 1. Buy a compatible USB cable and plug your quest directly to your pc or laptop which isn't bad honestly. Or my preferred choice: have a dual band router (5 ghz mandatory), plug your pc/laptop directly into your router/modem so that it uses a wired-only connection, then using the oculus software or a 3rd party one, you stream your pc's video output directly to your headset over the 5ghz wifi band. This eliminates wires but cuts into battery life slightly.
On steamvr:
Half life alyx is a must play
Boneworks is awesome
Gorn is super entertaining and can be played on quest 2 as well as many people's first game: beatsaber, it's like guitar hero except you're a dual light Saber wielding partying jedi. Another fun quest game called Echo is heavily inspired by the zero g training room in the movie Enders Game and is a competitive multiplayer game similar to rocket league.
Already mentioned Quest exclusive RE4 vr
Back to steamVR:
Alien isolation has a free vr mod that makes the game so much better
For any simulator enthusiasts, the newest Microsoft flight simulator in vr is out of this world
There's a couple racing ones too but it's not really my thing: Assetto Corsa in vr
There's some really great vr puzzle games like I expect you to die 1 and 2, The Room: A dark matter, and Moss which is more of an adventure game where you watch from above.
There's some other fun military shooters that have multi-player like Onward and Pavlov, and Hotdogs Horseshoes & Handgrenades.
Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
I could keep going on but I'll just answer questions from here on out haha

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I'd probably practice my dance moves too...

Post by zazthespaz »

:lol Half Life: Alyx is what really made me want to get a VR set, glad to hear it holds up! Maybe it'll be a graduation gift for myself next year... Have you ever played Blade & Sorcery? It looks like a fun one to just mess around in and throw some mods on. ie:
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

So I briefly did but I've spent most of my time in shooters. I need to give it a fair shot. One thing I can tell you is that melee weapons can definitely be a ton of fun, that game Gorn I mentioned is where you're a gladiator and you get to use all these different types of weapons to comically wreck all these hilarious looking opponents. Very gory but very fun. In bone works there are some melee weapons too. Don't judge me but there's nothing quite as satisfying as grabbing a dude by the head and slowly sliding a knife or short sword into their face and then yanking it out haha.
That video of blades and sorcery, aside from the dude taking random dance breaks haha he seemed like he was struggling with the controls a bit. Which that was the impression I kind of remember having with that game, it was kinda sloppy. Controls play a big part. If a VR game isn't well polished it can be more of a hassle to play than it's worth.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "relaxing adventure game" my @$$

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:55 am :lol Outer Wilds takes it personally if you ever think you've got a handle on things.
I unintentionally put a pause on OW for a while and picked it back up tonight. Going in fresh let me see things from a new perspective I think and I sailed right through a part on the Stranger I was stuck on. I now however am trying to navigate through a section without lights and to keep from revealing any more spoilers: I keep getting jump scares and this is not at all what I signed up for :lol I gotta go to bed soon and my heart rate keeps jumping to 120 according to my watch :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

:lol I love that game so much but yeah, I did develop a fear of lanterns for a while there.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Finished Witcher 3 today with a total playtime of 91 hours (all that I have left are the Gwent quests and one glitched treasure quest tho)
And downloaded Skyrim for free from Gamepass for my next game. Definitely jarring going from a game as solid as Witcher 3 to a less polished more confusing and difficult game like Skyrim but I hope I can at least finish it eventually 😂

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: He's probably already further along than me.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:45 pm :lol I love that game so much but yeah, I did develop a fear of lanterns for a while there.
I thought it was just in one section, I'm realizing there's more :lol I'm finding it to be more frustrating now, tempted to turn on the "Disable Scares" (or w/e) option and just focus on the puzzle. I want to enjoy the game as intended, but I'm starting to find it more annoying than fun.
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:00 am Finished Witcher 3 today with a total playtime of 91 hours (all that I have left are the Gwent quests and one glitched treasure quest tho)
And downloaded Skyrim for free from Gamepass for my next game. Definitely jarring going from a game as solid as Witcher 3 to a less polished more confusing and difficult game like Skyrim but I hope I can at least finish it eventually 😂
You did all the treasure hunts and side quests?! In 91 hours?! Dang, I wasted a lot of time in that game :lol That or all my time playing Gwent really added up. I'm still pretty early in my playthrough of Skyrim, kind of curious to see how your playthrough will go compared to mine.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: He's probably already further along than me.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:27 amYou did all the treasure hunts and side quests?! In 91 hours?! Dang, I wasted a lot of time in that game :lol That or all my time playing Gwent really added up. I'm still pretty early in my playthrough of Skyrim, kind of curious to see how your playthrough will go compared to mine.
For a full no-lie rundown of how I played Witcher 3;
- Played it on Just The Story difficulty
- Abused the hell out of fast travel...I spent a good chunk of time on loading screens for just the fast travel alone :lol
- Did the treasure hunt quests and races and main quests, secondary quests, etc that I could (depending on if they were glitched or I failed them in the early game)
- Discovered and completed all other ? places on the map *except* for the treasures in the ocean of the Skellige map
- Didnt do any of the Gwent quests because I never learned how to play it and dont know if I could have
- I failed like 10~ side quests in it because there was a good chunk of quests I auto-failed after I traveled for the first time not realizing that would happen and some I failed for not knowing which options to choose :/ :lol
- My main character build/ability points was purely focused into the combat branch and health (with a few points spend on extra inventory space :lol ) so I ran around slicing enemies up with swords practically the whole time.
- Skipped 95% of the dialogue in the game because It was a very dumb nasty habit I started early on in the game from being impatient and it kinda just kept going because I figured if I skipped a good chunk of dialogue in the beginning I might as well skip the rest cuz the story wouldnt be complete now anyways :/ :lol :embarrassed But I do regret doing that to myself 100% :lol I might have to replay the game in the future just to actually give the dialogue proper attention.

So...yeah...that's how I did it in only 91 hours :lol :/ And despite all that, I still managed to get the "Good Ending" :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Man you shouldn’t have skipped the dialog. In a game full of so many gameplay glitches/quirks the story is the highlight of it lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: might ban you just for that

Post by zazthespaz »

I’m so glad you didn’t stream it now. All the dialogue skipping would’ve driven me mad 😂
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Welp. I already uninstalled Skyrim because I just wasnt having a good time playing it. Didn't like the layout of the map or how the map looks on the menu for finding locations and the gameplay wasnt enjoyable enough early on to keep me interested.

So I redownloaded Red Dead Redemption that I bought years and years ago on Xbox 360 and never gave it much of a chance either and started playing that from the beginning again last night :lol Much better feel to it than Skyrim :lol Hopefully I can stick with this one enough to finish it and maybe get RDR2 after :lol

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

What are people's games they're looking forward to coming out this year(ish)?
My top 2 are Elden Ring and Breath of the Wild 2!
Horizon Forbidden West is a close 3rd
A few that don't have release dates yet that I'm super excited about are:
Harry Potter Legacy
God of War Ragnarok
The Callisto Protocol
Dead Space Remake

I hear Metroid Prime 4 is in development, and after playing Dread on switch I'm right back into my obsession with that franchise again!