Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Still won’t preorder ever though.

Post by zazthespaz »

Been hyped for Battlefield 5 since the first trailer was released, especially for Portal since that is going to create nearly endless possibilities for gameplay. But I got access to and played the test today and it was far below par of what I expected for a game that’s being released in 2 months. So much lag, graphics were low, several bugs (I was in a tank shooting a keep point blank and it never registered), it didn’t feel “clean.” I know they’re still doing some finishing touches before release but this is something I’d expect to see 6+ months out. I’m curious to see how improved it is in the beta next month and have no doubt it’ll be a great game, it was just a little disheartening to see it on its current state.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by Andy92 »

^ Is it just me or are games consistently getting released in terrible shape nowadays. I feel like this wasn’t the case 10-15 years ago. All games had bugs but half the Triple A titles coming out now are nearly unplayable at launch lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: “No it’s ok, I’ll come to you.”

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:15 am ^ Is it just me or are games consistently getting released in terrible shape nowadays. I feel like this wasn’t the case 10-15 years ago. All games had bugs but half the Triple A titles coming out now are nearly unplayable at launch lol
Yeah. It’s probably combination of laziness since any mistakes can be patched, as well as C-level execs demanding developers utilize the new technology while not providing the time to meet the requirements the technology demands. Thus why Roach looked so good even though she was on a roof…
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

Been binging Division 2 lately.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Cue Andy's head exploding in 3... 2...

Post by zazthespaz »

TayUmSwift wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:21 pm Been binging Division 2 lately.
Is it any good? I played the first one, but after a few levels, it got repetitive for me. Finished the campaign anyway, but wasn't excited for a sequel.

Been playing Control per Andy's recommendation. Really loving it so far, story line is cool, interesting combat system with telekinetic powers, occasional puzzles to solve. Combat can come at weird times sometimes and I find it difficult to get around the location but looking forward to seeing how the story plays out. Andy makes good recommendations. He should do that more often.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Havent played in a long time but I enjoyed it when I did play it

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:47 am
Is it any good? I played the first one, but after a few levels, it got repetitive for me. Finished the campaign anyway, but wasn't excited for a sequel.
It's good if you grind it nonstop for good gear to put together a good PVE build and try to avoid PVP as much as possible. :lol But it would still probably be repetitive for you :lol :/

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

SHEAKEN'S A FAKE

Post by TayUmSwift »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:47 am

Been playing Control per Andy's recommendation. Really loving it so far, story line is cool, interesting combat system with telekinetic powers, occasional puzzles to solve. Combat can come at weird times sometimes and I find it difficult to get around the location but looking forward to seeing how the story plays out. Andy makes good recommendations. He should do that more often.
If the first one wasn't your cup of tea, so isn't the second one, it's same ol' grinding same ol BS, just with different setting (and refined gameplay)

Control's fuckin' fantastic. It's an incredible game that I don't mind replaying every once in a while.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I've gotten back into Slay the Spire, this time on my phone. If you're not opposed to turn-based games, this is not one to miss. This game shows the upside of post-launch patches. A game like this can be tightened up considerably with years of player input and this one has been. It was great on day one, but now it's sublime.

Micky
On The Rail

Re: Still won’t preorder ever though.

Post by Micky »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:22 pm Been hyped for Battlefield 5 since the first trailer was released, especially for Portal since that is going to create nearly endless possibilities for gameplay. But I got access to and played the test today and it was far below par of what I expected for a game that’s being released in 2 months. So much lag, graphics were low, several bugs (I was in a tank shooting a keep point blank and it never registered), it didn’t feel “clean.” I know they’re still doing some finishing touches before release but this is something I’d expect to see 6+ months out. I’m curious to see how improved it is in the beta next month and have no doubt it’ll be a great game, it was just a little disheartening to see it on its current state.
This is a huge problem I have with the gaming industry nowadays. I'm a big Assassin's Creed fan and almost everytime a new game drops, I wait a few months to get it because the amount of patches they put out right around day 1 are ridiculous. With today's technology, there's really no reason for these games to be released as broken, glitchy and flat out unfinished as they are. I don't remember games being this buggy on PS2, Xbox 360 or my gamecube. I'm sure there were glitches but some of these modern ones are game breaking.

I think a lot of it has to do with rushing a game out, like you said.
Thanks Andy!

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

It's probably intentional to some degree. With thousands of players, they can find bugs much more easily than with hired play testers.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Basically public beta phases are really public alpha phases and launch day is the new beta phase and you get the full release patched in within the first couple months post launch.

I rarely buy games day one anymore.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I'm pulling the trigger now. After seeing streamers play this game from time to time, I'm doing it. I'm downloading Bloons Tower Defense 6. I've played the 5th version a long long time ago, so I should be familiar with the mechanics of it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Is this how they make you do replays?

Post by zazthespaz »

I finished Control last night (as in, got to the real credits). Is it worth playing beyond that? I don’t have any DLCs. Fun game overall, got a little annoying for me jumping around from place to place at the end and the amount of reading got a little repetitive, but enjoyed the game a lot! I somehow didn’t unlock a telekinetic power cause there’s a whole 2 columns completely blacked out so I’m kind of curious what I’m missing out on.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

The janitor always has the keys!

Post by Andy92 »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:17 am I finished Control last night (as in, got to the real credits). Is it worth playing beyond that? I don’t have any DLCs. Fun game overall, got a little annoying for me jumping around from place to place at the end and the amount of reading got a little repetitive, but enjoyed the game a lot! I somehow didn’t unlock a telekinetic power cause there’s a whole 2 columns completely blacked out so I’m kind of curious what I’m missing out on.
You can complete the game without finding all of the telekinetic powers. You stumble across some of them doing side quests rather than the main quests. Launch is the main one you start with but there’s also Telekinetic Shield, Evade, Compel, and Levitate.

If you beat the main story but want to play more, you’ve probably got side quests you can still follow. The DLCs are kinda short and weren’t quite as worth the standalone cost imo, but I had fun with the side missions within the main game that were outside the main story missions.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And then come back here to find out what else I missed!

Post by zazthespaz »

I just went back in for about an hour and a half looking for rooms I hadn't been to and found the telekinetic shield. Would've come in handy doing the main storyline :lol Found some things I still have to do so I'll mess around a little more in there and see what I've missed!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Lets gooo! Cant wait!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

And KOTOR?!? Getting near the time when I have to be annoyed by the lack of PS5s on sale.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:15 pm And KOTOR?!? Getting near the time when I have to be annoyed by the lack of PS5s on sale.
I saw this post and went back on YouTube and saw how many new games for PS5 were just announced and holy shit they went all out this year :lol

God of War: Ragnarok
Marvel's Spider-Man 2
Marvel's Wolverine
KOTOR Remake

Those are my most anticipated.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: It might’ve been a while

Post by zazthespaz »

They’re bringing Uncharted to PC?! So I don’t have to buy a PS4/5 to play the last one?! (Two?)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Ubik wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:15 pm And KOTOR?!? Getting near the time when I have to be annoyed by the lack of PS5s on sale.
Pretty sure you won't see KOTOR until 2023 :headscratch