Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by mitch103 »

Anyone see the trailer for Starfield? Holy crap. Looks like it could be No Man's Sky but done right!

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Also let's go Resident Evil 4 remake!!! 2 and 3 were incredible. Especially with the first person VR mods :eek :headbang

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

mitch103 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:09 am Anyone see the trailer for Starfield? Holy crap. Looks like it could be No Man's Sky but done right!
I take umbrage with done right. No Man’s Sky is an awesome game.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:48 am
mitch103 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:09 am Anyone see the trailer for Starfield? Holy crap. Looks like it could be No Man's Sky but done right!
Agree, it had a very poor release but the fact they've provided so much extra content for free over the years has more than made up for it.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Starfield to me basically just looked like the Fallout engine in space. And based on the more recent Bethesda releases…I’m pretty hesitant about buying it before reading consumer reviews. Don’t know if they’ll pull it off and live up to the hype.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I want a space whale

Post by zazthespaz »

Started playing NMS a few months back and it's a top notch game. I know it had a rocky start but as a new player, I can't tell. I was playing through family share on Steam though from my friend's account and somehow lost access to it, tempted just to buy it since it's on sale for $30 right now.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Ubik wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:50 am
Agree, it had a very poor release but the fact they've provided so much extra content for free over the years has more than made up for it.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:10 am
Ubik wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:50 am
I played the game at launch, I was on the hype train first class, and I was just very disappointed after about 1 or 2 days. At 18:45 in the above video they sum it up perfectly by saying "there was a lot to explore, but not much to find", and I got burnt out really quickly on mining minerals to build an upgrade to go to the next bland uninteresting planet and repeat.
I guess it just left too sour of a taste in my mouth to care much to retry. Maybe if they can get VR running smoothly I'd give it another shot but I'm glad some of you at least seem to really enjoy it!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I liked the way the 4 Metal Gear Solid games ended. Kojima's writing wasnt always perfect, but I liked how things ended and the size and scope of Kojima's ambition, even if I also thought that his approach didnt always stick the landing.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Amazing games all 4, way ahead of their time in terms of story telling and genre revolutionizing graphics and gameplay. What about The Phantom Pain? I loved the base building aspect and the open worldness of it. It just all worked, you still needed to be stealthy but you had so many ways to tackle any situation. The buddy system was great too. Loved sending Quiet in to recon an area and mark all the enemies so that I could go in, tranq them all, and Fulton them out. Unless of course they had shitty stats, in that case they got promptly headshotted with a silenced gun and stored in a waste bin! Haha. The story started strong but ended kind of meh I thought.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I've been playing Hades. What a fantastic game. Great gameplay, awesome art direction, endless replayability, interesting story and brilliant soundtrack. Well worth the 20 quid I paid.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I tried Metal: Hellsinger on Xbox Games Pass tonight. I didnt last 30 mins before I had to shut it off and just listen to the soundtrack on YouTube instead of playing the game :lol Trying to keep the gunshots in sync to the beat of the music playing and keeping the combo up was too challenging for me even on the easiest difficulty :lol :/

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

MGS Peace Walker had some fun boss battles where you could fight other metal gears and tanks.

Story of Portable Ops was decent/good. The story of peace walker was just okay.

The story of Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes was all over the place though.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Also upset that I still suck as Soldier 76

Post by zazthespaz »

Anyone try Overwatch 2? I waited in queue for 40 minutes on Wednesday, played for 10 and then company showed up so I had to alt-f4 out. Played about an hour and a half last night. Aside from the user interface, it doesn't really feel like a new game. Kind of disappointed with it tbh:
- Years of development and I'm still playing on a majority of old maps
- No noticeable difference in graphics
- Need to buy or somehow unlock (unclear how to right now) about half of the characters. This one really irks me because having played OW1, I've got collectibles for those characters that I now can't access. I didn't put any money into acquiring those collectibles, but I know there are people who did so denying them access to those characters without additional payment feels like highway robbery to me.
- Still a bunch of toxic man-children quitting after losing 1 round, trash talking, and complaining about not getting healed but also not requesting heals
- I don't like Orisa's new skills, she was one of my favorites to play
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Trying to beat God of War: Ascension before Ragnarok comes out on the 9th...I'm in the endgame on Normal difficulty and I keep getting stuck on these incredibly difficult combat sections for days at a time and its making me want to eventually just restart the game on the easiest difficulty instead :lol :/ But if I dont finish it before Ragnarok, I'll probably set it aside until after Im done my first Ragnarok playthrough.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

You can do it Shea!

I've been playing Mad Max, which is quite a generic open world RPG in a lot of ways but also to replenish health you eat dog food or maggots from dead bodies?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: maybe that's why I stopped?

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:00 am You can do it Shea!

I've been playing Mad Max, which is quite a generic open world RPG in a lot of ways but also to replenish health you eat dog food or maggots from dead bodies?
I started a playthrough of that a few years ago and for some reason, it fell to the wayside and I never picked it back up. I've been meaning to, I remember it being a fun game. Don't remember the maggots though...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It's pretty fun, gets quite repetitive like an Assassin's Creed game though (new area - vantage point - do same tasks in new area, etc), which is tiring for me as I have a need for the completion of all map icons. Driving around and customising the car keeps it interesting at least.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Well I caved in and started a new save slot on GoW: Ascension on Easy difficulty and managed to speedrun/breeze through the game no problem after already doing a large majority of it on Normal. Got past the part I was stuck on in Normal with no issues. :lol :shrug Anywho, I've now completed God of War, God of War 2, God of War 3, and God of War: Ascension in my quest to beat all GoW games before Ragnarok came out. Ive started up a game of GoW 2018 to help get familiarized with the newer gameplay feel and mechanics again before Ragnarok after playing such old games :lol I wish I could have played Betrayal,Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta as well but those werent available on the PS store :lol :/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Well at least Ragnarok was worth all the build up? I look forward to playing it in a couple of years when I finally get a PS5.

Picked up Subnautica: Below Zero as it was finally on offer. Struggled a bit at first as it seems less easy to find upgrades at first, but finally made quite a bit of progress today, until I didn't realise there wasn't an autosave on it, and quit without saving. 3+ hours gone GAHHHHHHHH.