Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Nobody here probably has a clue what I'm talking about.

Post by zazthespaz »

Reinstalled Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition from years ago. Now that I've got time, figured I'd try to finally beat it. I've started it so many times since 2003 and never finished it for whatever reason. I think my discs got scratched years ago so I couldn't finish the original until the digital versions came out. I beat BG2 so I've got an idea of how it ends, but am excited for this playthrough. Just beat the Nashkel mines in one sitting which I've never done before so I gotta assume that's a sign of good progress.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by Micky »

Anybody else watching the PS5 reveal? I'm stoked.
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I'm hijacking Jackbox games tomorrow to stream this instead

Post by zazthespaz »

Finally made it to a new part in the game in Baldur's Gate for me for those who care! (nobody) It's funny how much easier this game is when you understand basic game mechanics and get into fights for XP farming (something 11 year old me did not understand).
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Josiah wrote:
ThravRande wrote:Hey Josiah, rearrange this.

D A R T H R E V A N
I GET YOUR USERNAME NOW
:eek

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Oh 90s games and your definitive endings.

Post by zazthespaz »

zazthespaz wrote:Finally made it to a new part in the game in Baldur's Gate for me for those who care! (nobody) It's funny how much easier this game is when you understand basic game mechanics and get into fights for XP farming (something 11 year old me did not understand).
I BEAT IT! Then I found out it doesn't let you keep playing after you beat the final boss, which I was planning on doing, so I had to go back to a save right before I beat the boss and spent 20 minutes going backwards through a maze so I could get back to the main game to complete a bunch of side quests and explore unseen areas.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I always hated games like that. It also always irked me on Zelda that after you beat the final boss, it would reload you back to the last save you made before the fight, as if it never happened. Never could run around completing side quests in a “peaceful” Hyrule.

You know after 12 years with Xbox Live I might end up going back to Sony next gen just to switch things up. I had a PS2 years ago and went the Xbox route primarily because of Halo. Xbox always had great online communities but now that I’m getting older, I mostly play single player games. Sony has a lot more single player exclusives that I’m interested in trying. The Halo and Forza trademarks just aren’t enough to keep me locked into that ecosystem for another 6-7 years.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Bought Maneater this morning and have been playing it all day :rockon Love being a shark on a murderous rampage :D

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Wow. Cant believe some people have been waiting 7 years for Naughty Dog to just shit the bed with The Last Of Us 2 :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Wow. Cant believe some people have been waiting 7 years for Naughty Dog to shit the bed with The Last Of Us 2 :lol
Got 95 on metacritic? And no spoilers please! I'm waiting till PS5 is out to play it.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Wow. Cant believe some people have been waiting 7 years for Naughty Dog to shit the bed with The Last Of Us 2 :lol
Got 95 on metacritic? And no spoilers please! I'm waiting till PS5 is out to play it.
Sometimes critics are less critical of games than fans are :shrug But dont worry I wont say anything more on the game so I dont spoil it :D :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: 13 y/o me is so proud.

Post by zazthespaz »

zazthespaz wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Finally made it to a new part in the game in Baldur's Gate for me for those who care! (nobody) It's funny how much easier this game is when you understand basic game mechanics and get into fights for XP farming (something 11 year old me did not understand).
I BEAT IT! Then I found out it doesn't let you keep playing after you beat the final boss, which I was planning on doing, so I had to go back to a save right before I beat the boss and spent 20 minutes going backwards through a maze so I could get back to the main game to complete a bunch of side quests and explore unseen areas.
Follow up: finally went back and really beat it! Finished all the side quests I had lined up still, picked up some new ones, and killed an evil mage on my way to the final boss just for kicks and giggles. Any RPG/D&D fans, I recommend it. Rules are from the 90s and kinda suck in that regard (D&D rules where mage has spell slots & has to use regular weapons) but it helped to define a genre and still holds up. Time for #2!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Wow. Cant believe some people have been waiting 7 years for Naughty Dog to just shit the bed with The Last Of Us 2 :lol
It's literally better than the original in every conceivable way. It's just the cool kid thing to do to hate on it.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Macca wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Wow. Cant believe some people have been waiting 7 years for Naughty Dog to just shit the bed with The Last Of Us 2 :lol
It's literally better than the original in every conceivable way. It's just the cool kid thing to do to hate on it.
Guess I'm a cool kid then :lol :shrug

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Not that I can play it since Gladys won't give me money for a PS5

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Macca wrote:
Do you really not like it? I've heard almost all good things about it. One review I heard said it went into one character's story too long but that's the only bad review I've heard.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Not that I can play it since Gladys won't give me money for a PS5

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Macca wrote:
Do you really not like it? I've heard almost all good things about it. One review I heard said it went into one character's story too long but that's the only bad review I've heard.
Honestly its cause of the treatment of one beloved character in particular and how the story was structured with the way you controlled the 2 central characters, and yeah one characters story was too long and the ending wasnt satisfying. :shrug These are all pretty much the same issues alot of people who disliked the game had with it in their reviews. So I think it just depends on what you wanted out of the sequel vs what you got.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I just replayed the Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy in preparation for the new game coming out in September. Always a lot of fun to go back and play that.

Right now I'm currently playing Dead by Daylight. This game is fun, but the community is as toxic as can be. If you play as a killer, your goal is to kill all 4 players. Each player takes 2 stabs to knock down, then you have to put them on a hook, then they can either be saved by a teammate or die.

I stabbed this character, and she kept running, I say she because the character was female, so naturally I chased her and stabber her again, knocking her down. I then proceeded to place her on a hook, where she quit the game.

He/She then sent me a private message on playstation and this is what is says " Tunneling doesn't make ur rank go up stupid rank 16 go fuck yourself you little bitch" This person then reported me.

Now, from what I understand is "tunneling" is when you stab someone once and then continue to chase them until you stab them again. But, what else am I going to do? Just let you go so that way I can just find you again? I mean, c'mon now.

I then went and did another game where I was down to two players. One of them was on the hook, the other either had to come save them, or try and escape by fixing 5 generators out of 5. So, I start looking around and see them run back to the hook to save the character on the hook. I then stab the other player once, and he runs before he can save the hooked player. Hooked player dies, so remaining player just stands there and dies.

This player than messages me and says basically the same thing.

I then went online and saw that "tunneling" is a huge complaint among player who play as survivors.

I'm sorry, but like the whole purpose of the game is to kill the 4 players, what else am I going to do? Want to know what's annoying? Getting cursed off for playing the game.

When I play as a killer, I've had survivors all run around in circles around in object so I can't get them, and shit like that all the time. Do I message them and complain? Nope. I just move on with life.

I have been reading online about the community and everyone hates it lol.
Thanks Andy!

Dimitris
Brand New Start

Post by Dimitris »

Hello everyone I’m a old Creed fan as many knows me from years ago and on thecreednation which I was a mod there. I have opened a small YouTube channel about video games and technology ,if you wanna support and just subscribe ,It would really help :rockon . I would leave the link of the channel called UnboxPlayers
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIjeuz ... t3KTKnIE2w

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Does anyone here play Among Us? That game blew up recently and I discovered it on YouTube and have been playing it pretty regularly...I hate being Imposter, though! :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Does anyone here play Among Us? That game blew up recently and I discovered it on YouTube and have been playing it pretty regularly...I hate being Imposter, though! :lol
You’ll play this but stopped playing mafia...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Does anyone here play Among Us? That game blew up recently and I discovered it on YouTube and have been playing it pretty regularly...I hate being Imposter, though! :lol
You’ll play this but stopped playing mafia...
Yes because its easier to play AU than it is to play Mafia :lol