Top 5 Live Concerts of 2013

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Tom
Jim's Brother

Re: Top 5 Live Concerts of 2013

Post by Tom »

1. 30 Seconds to Mars - Cardiff/Birmingham. Front Row & On Stage both shows, AMAZING performance, best atmosphere i have ever felt at any gig i have ever been to. Absolutely magical

2. Alter Bridge, Shinedown, Halestorm - Cardiff. Amazing show, first live performance of Waters Rising, support were amazing too, got to hang out with Myles after the show for a bit, and got to see arejay and lzzy too. Was an awesome night

3. Warped Tour UK - London. AMAZING weekend, must have seen about 15 bands over the course of 2 days, met two bands that helped me through a lot last year so it was nice to meet them and tell them how much they helped me, their humbleness was really nice. First bunch of shows experiencing some crazy ass mosh pits, like being a part of a 900 man Circle Pit for Parkway Drive, Wall of Death for While She Sleeps and just a shit load of other pits. Awesome experience, i'll be going again next year.

4. Tremonti - Camden. LOUD, HEAVY, RIGHT AT THE FRONT.

5. Papa Roach - Birmingham. Sweaty, very very sweaty.. But none the less an awesome show, great performance by Jacoby and every other member of the band.

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rockit2112 »

1. Alter Bridge in Orlando, just an all around great show, cool to witness the premier of what I think is their best song (CoA), met all the guys, got a pick from Myles and Mark, and it was my bday!

2. Coheed and Cambria, one of my favorite bands, put on a great show with an emphasis on the Afterman material which I think is great.

3. Alice in Chains, Jerry is just such a boss, as is Will, and they do put on a killer show.

4. Rush, not my favorite show of theirs as I liked their Time Machine tour better, just not a fan of the 80's-90's heavy setlist, but Headlong Flight off the new album will be a new fan favorite soon.

5. Cheap Trick, just such a fun band to watch, don't take themselves too seriously, and they have some great material. Also happened to catch the signed, pick'd album Rick tosses out during Surrender!

Too many others deserve a mention as well, such as KISS, NIN, STP, Jane's Addiction, Eagles, Gary Clark Jr, and some more. All in all I liked 2012 much better from a concert standpoint though.

alert23
Bought The CDs

Post by alert23 »

1. Muse - Stadio Olimpico - Turin 28/06
2. 30 Seconds to Mars - Hydrogen Festival - Padua 13/07
3. Biffy Clyro - Estragon - Bologna 07/12
4. Alter Bridge - Mediolanum Forum - Milan 12/11
5. Imagine Dragons - Gran Teatro Geox - Padua 04/12

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

BSC wrote:I've only been to five concerts this year, so I'll list them in order of preference.

1) Alice In Chains - Newport
The band really impressed me, they played really well. William Duvall is a legend, and the set list was great. I knew they would be good, but not that good. Walking Papers as support were excellent and Ghost were surprisingly good.

2) The Darkness - Cardiff
You've gotta love a bit of The Darkness. They played Permission to Land in its entirety, the crowd went nuts, and the band were amazing.

3) Whitesnake - Cardiff
David Coverdale is an absolute legend, he's in his 60's, yet he can sing his ass off. His band are a powerhouse live, second time seeing them and I'll definitely see them again.

4) Alter Bridge - Cardiff
Third time seeing them, they played really well. I enjoyed it, although the set list was very Blackbird heavy, and with the songs being played the original tempo the show lost a lot of momentum towards the end of the set.

5) Bon Jovi - Cardiff
Third time seeing these guys. I really enjoyed them the first two times, but this time it didn't float my boat as much. They weren't bad, they just weren't particularly good. Richie Sambora was missing, it was an outdoor gig, it was cold and raining, I don't think many of the fans wanted to be there, and I don't think the band did either. I remember the night before our gig they played for over 3 hours, yet we just got their typical set list.

Do you live in Wales by any chance? ...

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Haha, how did you guess?! Deciding to study in Cardiff was one of the best decisions I've made. You know you've got it good when the most you've travelled to see a concert in a year is 30 minute a drive :lol

Veno
Brand New Start

Post by Veno »

Only been to 4 this year, all were great gigs.

1. Black Sabbath - Vector Arena, April 20th
First show of the '13' tour, first time some of the new songs were played. Ozzy sounded great, seeing Iommi was awesome as well. Crowd was pretty crazy too.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/1h7-Zph5bwI[/youtube]

2. Lamb of God - Powerstation - 18th September
Fourth time seeing them live, possibly the best gig out of the those.

3. Coheed and Cambria - Powerstation 17th April
Really cool gig. Crowd was relatively chill and I managed to get up to the barrier without any problem. Setlist was kinda short though.

4. Tool - Vector Arena - 8th May
2nd time seeing Tool, although the other time was at a festival. Production and stuff was better at this gig, performance wise I enjoyed the 2011 gig more. Opening up with Third Eye was interesting, rest of the setlist was kinda predictable.

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rockit2112 »

Damn Veno, that's quite the foursome of bands right there!