CALL ME NO ONE - Discussion Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
StillRemains
Bought The CDs

CALL ME NO ONE - Discussion Thread

Post by StillRemains »

Band:

Clint Lowery - Lead Vocals, Guitar
Morgan Rose - Drums, Percussion
Rek Mohr - Bass
Alan Price - Guitar

Info:

Call Me No One (sometimes abbreviated as CMNO) is an American hard rock band founded by Sevendust members Clint Lowery and Morgan Rose in 2012. It was later extended with Rek Mohr (Leo/Hurt) on bass and Souls Harbor guitarist/bassist and Shinedown touring guitarist Alan Price on guitar.
I haven't seen any thread regarding these guys, so I figured that I'd start one. Their debut album was a staple for me last summer. I've always had an admiration for Clint's musical abilities, but it wasn't until this album where I fully saw what he was capable of - as a musician and a vocalist. There were glimpses of both throughout the years with Sevendust, but never to this extent.

I remember laying awake for nights with some of the songs just swirling through my head. It was truly an exciting experience. There were so many new things happening in my life last summer, and everything seemed to connect with this album. So it really does hold a special place for me. Whether others have this same sort of connection/admiration is way beyond me... but I am not afraid to admit that I am a definite fanboy of this project. :yes

It, along with Tremonti's debut, provided me with so much music glee last summer.

Anyone else fond of these guys?
[center]Image

*Thanks to JaredWard for the sig!*

Call Me No One // Alter Bridge
[/center]

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Re: CALL ME NO ONE - Discussion Thread

Post by BastiMix »

I have to say that I love all three side projects that came out last year (CMNO, Projected, Tremonti) and this project here has quite some good songs. The only thing that bothered me was how the album was mixed. I can't put my finger on it but there's something about it which I just don't like a whole lot. Nonetheless, I hope for more CMNO in the future.
Please give them a like :)

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

BastiMix wrote:I have to say that I love all three side projects that came out last year (CMNO, Projected, Tremonti) and this project here has quite some good songs. The only thing that bothered me was how the album was mixed. I can't put my finger on it but there's something about it which I just don't like a whole lot. Nonetheless, I hope for more CMNO in the future.
Hmm, that's not a problem I had at all. I've heard a few people say the same thing, to be honest, but I truly don't understand what the issue with it is. But, granted, I listen to a lot of lo-fi/underground stuff as well, so I'm used to "horrible" sounding productions/mixes. Maybe that's why...

But, according to Clint, they are going to release something new next year. He was debating, via Facebook, whether to release a new release this year - or wait until next year after all of the Sevendust touring is done, in support of their new album. Either way, I am so stoked for it!
[center]Image

[/center]

mitchyboy
Brand New Start

Post by mitchyboy »

Yeah I really like these guys. I've been a big fan of Clints for sometime, and was very disappointed when he left Sevendust for that period. I've been wanting him to do a side project ever since I heard his vocals on the Sevendust Acoustic DVD. This is a great album, with some superb songwriting and lyrics.

StillRemains
Bought The CDs

Post by StillRemains »

mitchyboy wrote:Yeah I really like these guys. I've been a big fan of Clints for sometime, and was very disappointed when he left Sevendust for that period. I've been wanting him to do a side project ever since I heard his vocals on the Sevendust Acoustic DVD. This is a great album, with some superb songwriting and lyrics.
I truly didn't mind him leaving Sevendust - seeing as how he was joining his brother in Dark New Day, where I thought he was absolutely fantastic as well. Granted, I didn't care for Sevendust that much, during that period... but I had Dark New Day to keep me occupied. :P
[center]Image

[/center]

CrashN'Burn
Brand New Start

Post by CrashN'Burn »

I actually really liked this album and was quite refreshing for me. True talent here!
Credit- DonHarry

Veno
Brand New Start

Post by Veno »

Was one of my top albums from last year. Can wait for some new material.