SEVENDUST

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Re: SEVENDUST

Post by BastiMix »

WHHAAAAAAATTTT???????? So early???
Please give them a like :)

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Something seems to have dripped on my computer... some sort of leak.

Lajon is seriously incredible. What a freakin voice... He's one of the best out there.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

I was very curious about this album and I have to say I'm blown away. I was wondering if they could come up with something as good as Cold Day Memory and they did! Some songs might even surpass CDM. So far this is my Album of the Year candidate!

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Agreed!!! There are some awesome tracks on the record. Love Dead Roses, Dark AM, Nobody Wants It and Picture Perfect. Some of the intro riffs are pretty typical and stale, but some of the outros are the insane. Solid record for sure.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

I find it to be a pretty forgettable record, only song that stands out for me is Mountain.
Still prefer all their older stuff like Animosity.

edit: listened a bit more now and start to appriciate it a bit more, it's just some of the riffs / choruses that sound a bit too dime a dozen sometimes, but there are some very cool unique moments here and there
Formerly known as Benjami

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I love it. When judging this album, you have to remember that they did it in something like 26 days... with no material coming in.

So far I absolutely love Cold As War. I have been singing parts of that chorus for months on end. I also love Got A Feeling (gotta love Clint's voice), Dark AM, and Faithless. Most of the lead guitar work is brilliant. I have been going on long 4-5 mile runs. I have a feeling I'll get to know this album very well, lol.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Dayviewer wrote:I find it to be a pretty forgettable record
Sadly... I have to agree. There are a few stand out tracks but I definitely think Cold Day Memory is much better. Not just the songs but the mix & tones.. the drum sound on the new album is very poor imo.

I'll probably get jumped for this but I think the Projected/Call Me No One/Dark New Day records are much better than this as well.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think it's a solid album. Nothing really blew me away, but I won't say I was disappointed either. To me the album sounds like a cross between their old records and Cold Day Memory. It's raw, but it's also easy to digest. I'll need to listen to it more before I could rate it properly, but overall I think it's good.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Forgettable album, pretty much, just like TDG's 'Transit Of Venus' and Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Exp'.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Decay wrote:Forgettable album, pretty much, just like TDG's 'Transit Of Venus' and Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Exp'.
Wat.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/2

Incase anyone wants to listen, legally.

mitchyboy
Brand New Start

Post by mitchyboy »

I think this is their best album since Animosity. It has all the elements that make Sevendust who they are. Lyrically it is by far their best album - some very thoughtful moments and quite emotional. Lajon's voice is brilliant on this album. Some cool riffs and a strong focus on melody. My only complaint (very slight) is that the production/mixing isn't the best - drums sound a bit dead and lost in the mix, and vocals on some songs are too loud in my opinion.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The guys are on Rockline tonight if anyone wants to tune in.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/2

Incase anyone wants to listen, legally.
Anybody outside of the US able to listen to this? A few months back the AOL Listening Party disappeared for me, and I've always chalked it up to them finally springing international copyright on it. I see a series of album covers, but where the tracklist / listening option usually is, it's totally blank. Am I insane?

Decay

Post by Decay »

devv88 wrote:
Decay wrote:Forgettable album, pretty much, just like TDG's 'Transit Of Venus' and Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Exp'.
Wat.
You got a problem with that?

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

I think there's a big difference between Black Out The Sun and Transit of Venus. ToV sounded nothing like Three Days Grace anymore maybe with the exception of Chalk Outline. BOTS is Sevendust all the way, taking the best ouf of all their previous albums. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Decay wrote:
devv88 wrote:
Wat.
You got a problem with that?
More a sense of befuddlement than a problem. To each his own.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I can't believe someone just compared anything about Sevendust to Justin Timberlake.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm on my 3rd or 4th listen, and I think the first half of the album is really strong. I love Mountain and the title track especially. Got A Feeling is my favorite song on the back half. But this one's growing on me a lot the more I listen to it. I think the lyrics are a strong point, and I'm a big fan of that. Lajon really delivers these songs with a lot of passion.

Decay

Post by Decay »

One Drew Remains wrote:I can't believe someone just compared anything about Sevendust to Justin Timberlake.
I was just listing the 'total disappointment' albums of the year ;)