The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Post by austinjhnsn »

Yeah Jasin and Brent were a great duo. Those were the good days.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Bumping. So I heard through the twitter feeds that they are recording the next album right now. I am excited, but cautiously a bit worried. I don't want to lose faith in this band after a lot of negative perceptions of them when they toured with AB in the UK. I mean, they were my 2nd favorite band in my fave five and if this album and the live tour is not up to a certain and legit standard, they are probably out of my fave five.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

tbh , amaryllis and everything associated with the album, cycle, tour,etc., has given me a bad feeling when it comes to shinedown, because it seems like they became more fabricated/dishonest, especially with the whole lipsyncing thing, and the stupid speeches during the shows. they used to be so RAW live, look at live from the inside, its crazy. i miss that shinedown, and honestly, im not even excited for this next album. i know a lot of the change has to do with brent quitting drugs and the different line-up(ZACH), i hope that this album impresses me, but i have low expectations.

not saying they're a bad band, just not the same shinedown i used to love...
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah I'm not as excited as I usually am for a Shinedown album. Although Amaryllis is a decent record in general, I think it's easily the worst Shinedown album after letting it soak in for a couple years. I think I liked it more on first release, but it really had no staying power like their first 3 albums.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I predict I'll like a few songs, will give the album a few listens and then completely forget about it. I hope they'll pleasantly surprise me, but I doubt it. Their last cycle embodied everything that's wrong with modern rock.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

They are teetering on the brink of becoming irrelevant for me. I have seen them on the last two tours, and while the first time was great, it was obvious that everything was well rehearsed and backing vocals canned in on the Amyrillis cycle.

I want that raw Shinedown back as much as you all. Maybe this will be that album.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Gonna keep an eye on iTunes tonight...should be getting a new single according to the 6/29/15 posts as well as Zach Myers' recent tweet.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Welp. Spent my last song money on iTunes for Flying Monkeys and I didn't feel like reloading my account for various reasons. At the very least, I hope this track is better than Bully as a lead single.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Cut the Cord is the name of the new single. Listening to it now...for their newer sound it's pretty good. It's much better than Bully for a lead single imo.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I manage to listen to it. I'll be honest. I didn't like it much. Feels a tad cringe-worthy like Halestorm's Apocalyptic. I gave Halestorm a pass for some reason when I heard Apocalyptic, but maybe I expected something better (that was probably my 1st mistake, expecting too much) from Shinedown to get things going, after three years of not releasing music. I do like the pre-chorus though.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I can see where you're coming from, but I like this song more than Apocalyptic. I like the chorus a lot. The verses are a little meh, but I think it's a solid first single. It hits hard which is nice.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I haven't listened to the whole song, just the preview, but it sounded alright to me!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

what happened to the shinedown that i loved :(
Thanks Timo!

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

austinjhnsn wrote:what happened to the shinedown that i loved :(
Same thing that happens to every band. They "evolve" and "grow" as musicians to release their "best" work yet

Don't like the song...

Saint Asonia and now this, terrible day for music...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

facelessman07 wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:what happened to the shinedown that i loved :(
Same thing that happens to every band. They "evolve" and "grow" as musicians to release their "best" work yet

Don't like the song...

Saint Asonia and now this, terrible day for music...
The thing is that other bands, like AB, pretty much have this same mentality, but they still manage to deliver in a genuine and real manner without it being so.... I don't know how to describe it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I liked the intro. Thought it was going to be interesting for a second. Then the children shouting started and with it my cringing.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

I see a lot of pre-recorded stuff being used on the upcoming tour... again... yet again...
Please give them a like :)

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Exactly. The freedom lalala bullshit is irritating. This song just isnt powerful for me like I expect from a Shinedown song.

I agree with Ang, sure this is Shinedowns way of evolving but I cant stand the direction they are taking. hopefully this is just the one song on the album that is like this... But probably not.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Imagine if Tremonti still sounded like Human Clay era Tremonti. Some people would love it, some people would hate it and say he was stale. I don't expect everyone to like every song, but the whole "why can't they sound like they did 10+ years ago" thing gets old after a while. Some bands do really go downhill as they go, but sometimes bands just change to a style you don't like as much.

On the other side, I've read a handful of reviews of the new Breaking Benjamin album that can basically be summed up as "solid record, but I feel like I've heard the songs before." It's hard for a band to find that perfect mix that everyone likes.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

To be honest, I don't really care about the style. Radiohead have released 8 different sounding records and got away with it, because the songwriting on each record was still good.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.