The Official RED thread!!!

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The Official RED thread!!!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AllC392Was wrote: Not really but its just how you interpret the lyrics. Most of there lyrics are about religion but its what you make of it is what counts
Yeah I guess that's true. I know music is almost always open to interpretation so I will interpret their songs as otherwise.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AllC392Was wrote:hymn for the Broken? Isn't it Hymn for the missing?
I'm new to this band ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

If you're a fan of the softer melodic stuff; Never Be the Same, Best is Yet to Come, and The Moment We Come Alive are some of their highlights for me!
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Thanks, guys!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

Definitely suggest just listening to each album, from beginning to end. I know End of Silence flows together from track to track for the most part and I'm pretty sure I & I and Until We Have Faces does as well. I love all three of those albums and agree with the general consensus that Release the Panic is the weakest of the bunch.
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

INNOCENCE AND INSTINCT

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Listening to Until We Have Faces now. Feed The Machine was good. On to Faceless!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Andy92 wrote:I'd just go in order since you've heard their debut. Give Innocence & Instinct a go. Until We Have Faces is pretty good too, but I'm not a huge fan of their latest album, Release the Panic.
I figured. I went to Innocence & Instinct. One question, though. I know one of their labeled genres is "christian rock" and i'm not too big on references to religion in music considering im agnostic, so is there a lot of it?
Most of their lyrics can be interpreted in various ways. They don't really directly reference Christianity in their songs, but you can interpret things in that way.

They actually get their inspiration from books when writing albums usually. Innocence & Instinct was inspired by Dante's Inferno, and Until We Have Faces was inspired by a C.S. Lewis book with a similar title, Till We Have Faces.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:They actually get their inspiration from books when writing albums usually. Innocence & Instinct was inspired by Dante's Inferno, and Until We Have Faces was inspired by a C.S. Lewis book with a similar title, Till We Have Faces.
That's interesting. I wish I could write songs from reading books. Too bad I don't read that much :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lol I know what ya mean. I actually read Till We Have Faces once that album came out. I thought it was a pretty interesting read. It's a modern retelling of the story of Cupid and Psyche. C.S. Lewis is a Christian author, but that book is known to be the one where he kind of went outside the box. He doesn't actually make biblical reference in the book since he's retelling a story of Greek gods.

But anyways, Red's album uses a lot of the themes found in the book. The lyrics to the song Faceless pretty much sum up the main theme of the entire novel.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:Lol I know what ya mean. I actually read Till We Have Faces once that album came out. I thought it was a pretty interesting read. It's a modern retelling of the story of Cupid and Psyche. C.S. Lewis is a Christian author, but that book is known to be the one where he kind of went outside the box. He doesn't actually make biblical reference in the book since he's retelling a story of Greek gods.

But anyways, Red's album uses a lot of the themes found in the book. The lyrics to the song Faceless pretty much sum up the main theme of the entire novel.
ooooooohhhhh okay I see. Themes from the book or not, it's a good album and that's all that matters :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Haha I hear ya. Interested book though imo, and the album is really good.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:Haha I hear ya. Interested book though imo, and the album is really good.
Maybe when i'm older and bored and read more I'll sit down one day, remember this conversation we had about the book Till We Have Faces and read it.....Or i'll just completely forget this conversation and enjoy the awesome album instead. :lol

Outright
White Knuckled

Post by Outright »

If I can cut the current album, and throw the first half of the album away, it would be a terrific EP. My god, songs 1-5 is not Red at all.

They're my 2nd favorite band when they want to be, though.
You should never come this way
To test the hands of fate
You don't belong here

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Outright wrote:If I can cut the current album, and throw the first half of the album away, it would be a terrific EP. My god, songs 1-5 is not Red at all.

Alter Bridge
Tremonti
Red

are my top 3 favorite bands... Have you listened to the song "Give it all away"?

Outright
White Knuckled

Post by Outright »

AllC392Was wrote:
Outright wrote:If I can cut the current album, and throw the first half of the album away, it would be a terrific EP. My god, songs 1-5 is not Red at all.

Alter Bridge
Tremonti
Red

are my top 3 favorite bands... Have you listened to the song "Give it all away"?
Gave It All Away by Red? Yeah, I have that album lol
You don't belong here

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

That song gives me chills lol

Outright
White Knuckled

Post by Outright »

Let Go is my favorite off the album. I think Feed the Machine might be my all-time favorite by them, though.
You don't belong here

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Love let go. I just love the inspiration these guys carry. Helps me a ton

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Red is one of the best bands out there right now. Shame they don't get much recognition. Just saw them tweet that they're back in the studio with Howard Benson recording "Release The Panic: Recalibrated" or something like that. Hopefully the new songs on there will kick ass. I think most fans agree that Release The Panic was their weakest yet, but its still a great album. I just don't think Benson was the right guy for them.

I love Michael's voice though! He's got amazing range
Thanks Andy!