The Official LINKIN PARK Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

The Official LINKIN PARK Thread

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

For anyone and everyone who wants to talk Linkin Park!!! Their new album, LIVING THINGS, hits in eight days and you can grab a copy HERE: http://www.getonic.com/shop/13757/6667

You can check out the lead single "BURN IT DOWN" here: [youtube]http://youtu.be/dxytyRy-O1k[/youtube]

And their song "LIES GREED MISERY" here: [youtube]http://youtu.be/9Dq9q6afIP8[/youtube]

Who's excited for the new album?

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official LINKIN PARK Thread

Post by AustinH22 »

no

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

linkin park make me gag in my own vomit.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

No!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

i would rather listen to we dont care at all then any of linkin parks new song. this is a true statement

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

YES!!! I love LP! But oh well... is there anyone on here that DOESN'T hate LP?

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

...Anyone at all?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't hate them. I'm just not a fan of their newer work. I'm not as dissapointed in their newest album as I though I'd be though.. Some ok songs on it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

I like Linkin Park. I'm actually of the (very unpopular) opinion that A THOUSAND SUNS is their most creatively impressive work. But, man, is this new album boring. There are a couple of solid tracks, but overall, it's just generic as fuck or ridiculously over-the-top; two horrible ends of the songwriting spectrum.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Yeah I really love ATS!! It's such a great album and those little interlude songs are great! Reminds me a lot of listening to Pink Floyd, which is a great experience.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Haven't heard LIVING THINGS yet, though. I really like what I've heard so far though (Burn it Down and Lies Greed Misery) so hopefully I'll enjoy the rest of it. I pre-ordered it so it should show up next week.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Hybrid Theory, Meteora and half of Minutes to Midnight is listenable for me. The rest isn't.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

\m/>.<\m/ wrote:Haven't heard LIVING THINGS yet, though. I really like what I've heard so far though (Burn it Down and Lies Greed Misery) so hopefully I'll enjoy the rest of it. I pre-ordered it so it should show up next week.
Those might be 2 of the worst songs on the album. Lies Greed Misery is the worst one for sure. Worst LP track ever.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Ah really? I love Lies Greed Misery!! But hey, to each his own. I remember the guys saying that this album was gonna be very polarizing and that's pretty much true from what I've seen so far.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Lies greed and misery is one of those songs that's so bad that I actually laugh at, and think what the hell were these guys thinking?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

\m/>.<\m/ wrote:Ah really? I love Lies Greed Misery!! But hey, to each his own. I remember the guys saying that this album was gonna be very polarizing and that's pretty much true from what I've seen so far.
If you like that song and Burn it Down, you'll LOVE the entire album. Most of the other tracks are way better :) so I hope you'll enjoy it :cheers
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Timotheus wrote:If you like that song and Burn it Down, you'll LOVE the entire album. Most of the other tracks are way better so I hope you'll enjoy it
I like this response a lot better than the other dudes' :) Yes, I'm really looking forward to it!

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

AB23 wrote:Lies greed and misery is one of those songs that's so bad that I actually laugh at, and think what the hell were these guys thinking?
I'm kind of fascinated by this song, as much as I think it's a total creative failure. There was this whole behind-the-scenes video of them discussing their intent behind it, and it's hard to fault them for it: what they wanted was the thematically dark equivalent of a bubbly, cheerleader-esque song, and that's what they made. Whether or not it was a good decision is another matter, but they wrote the song they wanted to.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Burn it Down didn't excite me that much, but I like Lies Greed Misery. I'm really loving Lost in the Echo though. Great song!
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Yeah that's one of the things I like about the song: it's dark lyrically without relying on generic minor key guitar riffs and chord progressions like most rock songs of today. I can't wait to hear Lost in the Echo, everyone tells me it GREAT!!

So to those of you who don't care for this new stuff, what's your favorite LP material?