Decyfer Down

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Decyfer Down

Post by facelessman07 »

Yeah...
Last edited by facelessman07 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Whatever it was that happened, that really sucks to hear. He was a really nice and humble guy to talk to and you could tell just how much he loved doing what he did. There unfortunately aren't enough people like that, even in the Christian rock world, which is a shame.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

^This, Caleb was awesome, had passion and attitude. Being a rock frontman is just in his DNA.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

For those who haven't heard them before, here's a few of the songs from Crash with Caleb's vocals:

Crash:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/zIiJEYOqulA[/youtube]

Best I Can:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/FcKgcwvNLSs[/youtube]

Now I'm Alive:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/QoQKLBdpVUU[/youtube]

Fading (Live):

[youtube]http://youtu.be/--Kid8dZVI4[/youtube]

Give them a listen, you won't regret it. SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Sweet, I've heard the first 3 before, I grabbed the EP when they released it on iTunes, but I haven't heard any version of Fading with Caleb yet, and that's one of my favorite songs of theirs. Gonna definitely check it out when I get home.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

bump. Just because of how awesome these guys were, especially Caleb

For all you Skillet fans out there, this is a vid of the Comatose tour where Caleb from Decyfer Down played bass for John while he sang Those Nights. If you like Skillet check out Decyfer Down! Listen to the vids I posted above and it you like them then check out their album End of Grey. Trust me, you won't regret it.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/OZuXuYvgyCs[/youtube]

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I had a chance to hear some of their tracks like "Here to You" and "Life Again" through, what else?, WWE fanmade highlights videos back in 2008-2009 and I really liked what I've heard from them. Don't really know why I didn't pursue on continuing listening to them. Probably, back then, I had yet learned the art of listening to albums in its entirety.

However, for sure, I will check out End of Gray, sometimes, this weekend. It's also a good thing that they are Christian Rock, along the veins of Skillet, so I will definitely check out the rest of their work.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

^Make sure to check out No Longer, Break Free, and Fight Like This, all on End of Grey. If you listen to the albums Crash or Scarecrow, be warned it's a different lead singer. He's good but his voice and style doesn't fit with the DD that came to prominence so quickly, which was in large part due to Caleb. EoG is the way to go!

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Josh on Facebook, in response to a fan who didn't like Scarecrow, understood the criticism but also said he was excited for their next project. Seems odd to me to already be focusing on a new project already without even touring or promoting their "new" album that was just released a few months ago. Pure speculation but a bunch of Josh's FB pics lately have had Caleb in them, FINGERS CROSSED Caleb will somehow find a way back to the mic..

...BABY JESUS PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Maybe I'm totally overlooking it but where are the pics? I'm friends with Josh on FB & haven't seen anything Caleb related.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

If you look under his timeline under all the bday posts you should see some of them. Seems like he's been spending a lot of time with Caleb and his side of the fam. But I'm pretty sure they now live in the same area

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Just had one of their posts pop up on my FB news feed. Guess they released a new single but there's no touring or promo whatsoever

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Sounds like a Caleb tease...
#tbt going way back to the "Fight like this" video days ! We are in the final stages of some paperwork,but we will soon be able to share what we have going on ! #bignewscomingsoon

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

JaredWard wrote:Sounds like a Caleb tease...
#tbt going way back to the "Fight like this" video days ! We are in the final stages of some paperwork,but we will soon be able to share what we have going on ! #bignewscomingsoon
Jared, don't get me started lol. I've gone through my withdrawals and can't afford to do that again hahah.

I think they're in the process of building a studio but sadly I don't think Caleb is involved cause TJ is in the pics I've seen online. But their last album honestly was kind of a "dud" cause they didn't even tour to promote it so I honestly don't know why they'd waste their time doing all this if it's just gonna take 3+ years to make another album that they won't even promote. I mean, their website STILL isn't even updated, the brand new album "Crash" in stores everywhere is on the banner. 5+ years old ain't brand new lol

Jared, you should give Caleb a call and see if he wants to jam. You on drums, me on guitar, and Caleb on bass. We'll call our band "Pocketful of Posies" :rockon

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Yeah.. nevermind. :lol

facelessman07 wrote:Jared, you should give Caleb a call and see if he wants to jam. You on drums, me on guitar, and Caleb on bass. We'll call our band "Pocketful of Posies" :rockon
Haha! Count me in. Seriously though.. Caleb needs to be fronting some kind of band. It sucks seeing someone with all of that talent just fade away into obscurity.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Jared, with your connections in the music biz, have you ever thought about reaching out to him? I mean not necessarily to do anything serious, but just jam. He always looked like he had so much fun on stage and I know he's gotta miss it at times.

From what I've heard he does a good amount of worship at his church, he should think about recording some of that!

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I would but it would be kind of be pointless because I'm not in the biz lol he would probably ignore me. I'd love to do something though.. still praying & leaving it up to God on what doors He opens. Seth has been talking about doing some writing ourselves & we have a ton of ideas shelved.. so we'll see where that goes.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I don't think he'd necessarily ignore you.....I mean your familia plays guitar in one of the biggest rock acts out there today, plus you've got drumming skills and been playing for how long now?? Don't underestimate yourself. You never know unless you reach out. You've got a great contact point with Caleb-John from Skillet, he and Caleb have written together in the past and are real good friends. So since John and Seth spend a good amount of time together it'd be real easy to get in touch with Caleb....but no pressure lol. And for the record, I would buy EVERYTHING you guys released haha

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I'm glad we have one fan! :lol I know he would be near the top of my wish list if we ever did a project & needed a vocalist. I still don't know why he was let go.. I've only heard rumors.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Yeah, sadly there was just an unhealthy amount of tension from my understanding of it and what I heard. They didn't handle his departure well at all, really left the fans hanging. Oh well, that leaves you with a SICK vocalist hahah