The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Post by Andy92 »

Us & Them is my favorite album of theirs, but to me when I think of the modern rock sound of today, their Sound of Madness album totally nails it. It's more polished than their first two albums, but the heavy songs rip and the ballads are top notch. Love their first two albums for the more soulful, gritty feel.

Amaryllis and Threat To Survival are the big drop-offs...I won't knock Sound of Madness just because it has slicker production.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Speaking of me liking a bands first album better than their newest, I cant say that yet for Soundgarden.

I like some of the older Soundgarden stuff but some of their King Animal stuff I also really liked. Toss up.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, Shinedown released their Attention Attention album today and quite frankly, I hate it. I can't even remember one song from that album on first listen that I like and, quite frankly, I'm in no rush to relisten to it again. I think I have accept the fact that the Shinedown that created three great albums and one good album (I like Amyarills, except for Bully and I'm Not Alright) is long long gone. Big ups to those people that like the new direction that Shinedown are heading towards, it's just not for me, but that's fine.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I actually liked it more than Threat to Survival. It’s not as good as their first 3 (and probably first 4) albums, but it’s better than the previous one I think.

FlyingMonkey97
Bought The CDs

Post by FlyingMonkey97 »

PRS10Top wrote:Love Shinedown. The new album took a while to grow on me, too. But once it did, I very much enjoy it in it's own light.

I saw them live w/Breaking Benjamin and Sevendust. It was a phenomenal show. I wasn't super close to the stage, but Brent didn't appear to be lip synching and he even varied some vocals from the album. It seemed genuine.

The guitar, on the other hand, seemed canned. Zach is a great guitar player and I'm sure he played all riffs and solos....at one point. I'm just not sure he played them for real in front of me. There were too many clean/dirty changes and effects changes that just seemed effortless. Who knows, maybe somebody backstage is running his pedalboard and it all is genuine? I can't say for sure.

From a pure entertainment perspective, however, the show was unreal. Best pyrotechnics I've seen and the energy is insane.
For the guitars, it’s possible it’s all programmed ahead of time. I know Periphery does that, they put all the effects and tone changes into protools or something and just let it run while they play.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Black Soul is a darn good song.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I've gone and done it now. Shinedown announced that they are doing a Deep Cuts tour and they are doing a show at the Wiltern in LA. I've searched long and hard all day to find a presale code that worked and someone out there decided to give one to me that worked and I got me a ticket in the front row at the Mezzanine area nosebleeds. The ticket was for $64.00........ GA was priced at $75.00 with Pit going for $118.50 (somehow even a larger difference than the $23.00 difference between GA and Pit for AB at the Wiltern), but there's no way I can rationalize paying more for a worst spot for Shinedown than paying the best spot for AB (at $71.00 at the pit...). Still seeing AB and Shinedown in separate shows at my favorite venue in LA, The Wiltern. No greater feeling.

https://loudwire.com/shinedown-2020-deep-dive-tour/

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Lol. A Shinedown deep cuts tour would be anything from Us and Them. Sigh.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Lol. A Shinedown deep cuts tour would be anything from Us and Them. Sigh.
That's the dream man, and hey, it would be 15 years since that album came out. Still feels like one of the newer albums and one of my favorite albums of all time.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Definitely my favorite, or second favorite. Was lucky enough to see them early enough in the SoM tour that they were still playing the three singles from Us and Them.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I hope someone who sees them soon reacts and keeps us updated on what the hell is wrong with Brent. He tried starting Sound of Madness in Helsinki, but there was not a sound to be heard. I thought he might have broken his mic or smth, but when he went offstage, he sat down there showing a cut-throat sign and his face was just as sad as it could be.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

My ex used to be really into them, so I'm playing them as a nostalgia trip right now lol. They're a very good band! I saw them live and there was over 10,000 people there. The more I listen the more I realize Shinedown basically assumed the vacancy Creed left.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

One Drew Remains wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:52 pm Definitely my favorite, or second favorite. Was lucky enough to see them early enough in the SoM tour that they were still playing the three singles from Us and Them.

Always wanted to see Heroes, Burning Bright or I dare You live, but never have.

I’ve seen Shinedown in concert 4 times.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, new Shinedown. It's actually a heavier sounding rock song. It's called Planet Zero.

https://loudwire.com/shinedown-new-song ... um-lyrics/

New album will also be called Planet Zero. It's 20 songs long..... Although, I got a feeling that there may be some interludes here and there. These songs titles feel like Starset titles as well. I'll see how this song is live when I will see them at the Wiltern Theater in LA on Friday. Up close since I got pit tickets baby and it was only for $50.00!

1. 2184
2. No Sleep Tonight
3. Planet Zero
4. Welcome
5. Dysfunctional You
6. Dead Don't Die
7. Standardized Experiences
8. America Burning
9. Do Not Panic
10. A Symptom of Being Human
11. Hope
12. A More Utopian Future
13. Clueless and Dramatic
14. Sure Is Fun
15. Daylight
16. This Is a Warning
17. The Saints of Violence and Innuendo
18. Army of the Underappreciated
19. Delete
20. What You Wanted

https://loudwire.com/shinedown-new-song ... m=referral

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Not crazy about the new single but I loved Attention Attention. I'm sure this will have some gems too

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Honestly i put the newest album in and i enjoyed it more than a youtube video.

Like playing a CD in your car has better dynamics than a youtube video. Because of that, its a more enjoyable experience.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Release date unfortunately postponed untii july 1st due to vinyl production delays.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I read an article not long ago about vinyl production times getting backed up like crazy lately. Shows how high a percentage of their expected sales will come from vinyl when they’re pushing back the release date of all versions due to it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

---The song Atmosphere only has 2 choruses. Thats neat.

---Range is nice but its not everything. Cornell can sing higher than Brent Smith but in his prime Brent had a more powerful sounding voice. Range isnt everything.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

There's usually a few Shinedown songs I like album to album. I'm excited for their new record this Friday