The Official BIG WRECK Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
BUK
White Knuckled

Re: The Official BIG WRECK Thread

Post by BUK »

Both of those questions are unknown at the moment.... best guess, late August release, summer shows - 3 piece, Fall Tour - maybe more.....

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I've just listened to their new song, I really enjoy it. I get some strong Aerosmith vibes from the melody, Ian's vocal delivery and the instrumentation overall. The production on all of the songs we've heard is incredible. The drums sound massive, they have so much punch but are also crystal clear. This is shaping up to be one of the best modern produced albums I've heard in a very long time. It's such a bit of a shame that they are releasing what is looking like the best album of their career in light of sad circumstances.

BUK
White Knuckled

Post by BUK »

Looks like August 30th album release date!

One More Chance
"music video" radio? edit

Full track

My first impressions....

One More Chance
Opens with a distant riff with echo of the room and then the band close up rocks in. This has a very ZZ Top at their most ballsy feel, to me. It has a very deliberate pace. As we hit the chorus it’s backed by screming Brian May orchestrated guitar! That THICK tone that permeated the Sheer Heart Attack album. It’s subtle in the midrange but there is a high whine over it all, like screaming high echoed guitar in the main riff of Dazed and Confused. It always MADE that riff on the record for me. The effect sweetens the chorus immensely. The choruses on this entire album are awesome! The verses get back to ZZ business and hot Ian solo run. Another verse/chorus and it drops into doubletime while Ian dances some serious Billy Gibbons honk around. This should SO segue into Caught My Eye. The rhythm section is PERFECT! The high ride and fills propel as Ian’s soloing weaves in and about. I LOVE that little “weee-ooot” bend. There is also a rhythm guitar fade up near the end that chuggs up and I want it to build, but it’s just a 2 bar tease. I LOVE that! ZZ Queen! Billy May Gibbons!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

One More Chance is a solid song but I liked the other too more

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I don't know where the big wreck fans on this board went but the new record came out. My record got delayed so I haven't heard it yet.

BUK
White Knuckled

Post by BUK »

It is AWESOME!!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Yeah, it's great. Give Us A Smile is a fantastic track.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

It's an outstanding album. I forgot we have this thread here. Haha
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

I saw Big Wreck live at a tiny venue in Albany and they were amazing. Tempted to go see them in Boston but there's that whole annoying employment thing.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: And they're Canadian, eh!

Post by Inconquerable »

Wow But For the Sun is a fantastic album, Ian Thornley has outdone himself again. I listened to Locomotive I think first and thought it was good, but I'm a huge, huge fan of some of the deep cuts on this album. Give Us A Smile, Help Is On the Way (with those 4th of July by Soundgarden-esque verses, Too Far Gone, and The Fly and the Bowl are my favourites. I've been trying to think where it ranks in my list of Big Wreck albums, but it's in the top three for me at least with Ghosts and Grace Street. These guys can really do no wrong to me.

BUK
White Knuckled

Post by BUK »

Yep it's a good one. Passionate to say the least. If you like Help is on the Way, did you see this vid from NYC? It's the second of third show of the tour. Ian was sick and had almost no voice..... and it was a KILLER emotional night having lost Brian only months before. It's flawed, but is so perfectly powerful! The solos tha emerge out of the chaos are out of this world.

EXTRAORDINARY fan vid.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Love this band!

Post by Inconquerable »

Thank you for sharing that, BUK, that's a really special performance. The first time he hits the line "I miss my friend" I got the chills. I've never been able to see them live, I really need to at some point. Here's hoping they play Help Is On the Way when I do.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Ubik's Mafia consolation prize.

Post by Inconquerable »

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

https://bigwreck.lnk.to/middleofnowhere ... b_dp--7V9Y

New Big Wreck Single. Featuring the singer from Nickelback.

I don't really think chad adds anything to the song vocally, ian is a better singer than him. The song is okay and is good to vibe to. Different than their last record.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Not sure if anyone here cares but a new song is dropping tonight

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Didn't realise they had new stuff coming out, thanks for the heads up! Enjoyed Bombs Away without being blown away (ugh pun not intended).
For all of the hope that it brings...

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yeah i thought it was okay. lyrics weren't very clear. don't know what the song was about

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

doesn't seem anyone here cares about BW but they have an EP coming out. https://www.facebook.com/BigWreck

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Now this is a solid tune.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I think Big Wreck has some great songs and some weak and some that are just okay.

They always deliver when it comes to the guitar work though.