The Official BIG WRECK Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: The Official BIG WRECK Thread

Post by nagpo »

nagpo wrote:Got the new record finally and it's really good.
My favorite track is A Speedy Recovery.

Matt0218a
Brand New Start

Post by Matt0218a »

New video for "You Don't Even Know"
https://youtu.be/l76KfTOp2Gg

CanRock1998
Brand New Start

Post by CanRock1998 »

New member to the board here, and came as a fan of Big Wreck. I was wondering if anyone could share with me the myspace demos, especially the Come Again ones, as well as the original version of Motionless from 1999/2000? Can't find anything anywhere. I'm also looking for the unreleased songs Ian has performed live over the years, so everything from Barely Be to Quarantine would be awesome if anyone has them all. And does anyone know of any good bootlegs from the band's early days to Ian's Come Again stuff, from about 1997-2004? Thanks for any help!

prowler5150
Brand New Start

Post by prowler5150 »

I just found out about the demos and unreleased stuff in the last few days. Not sure how these eluded me. I can't find a hint of them anywhere, just broken links.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

SWEET BABY JEBUS!!!

Big Wreck playing in Santa Ana on March 9th, 2018, which is a Friday. Only a 20 minute drive from my work. Do I want to go to this show? Yes, of course, I would want to.

Edit: Got the tickets. Only $26.00 including fees. Small venue though. Constellation Room is only a 300 people capacity which will make it the smallest venue that I've been to for a concert.

BUK
White Knuckled

Post by BUK »

Gonna be a GREAT tour!!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Speaking of Big Wreck, they did a cover of Rush's Closer to the Heart to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Rush's A Farewell to Kings album. It started out bringing a modern faithful cover to the song, but then after a minute in, they brought a bit of heaviness in this one that distinguishes it from the original. I like it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I just realized that they are playing In Loving Memory Of... in full to commemorate its 20th year anniversary in their tour next year. I'm for it. The one song I really wanted them to play in Santa Ana was Under The Lighthouse, anyway, so hearing that they are playing the album in full makes that an autolock.

BUK
White Knuckled

Post by BUK »

Yeah, It's gonna be an interesting setlist. Too many great songs! Seems the consensus is that people want the ILMO album in track order and then a mix of newer stuff.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

So I was thinking today that it was about time for a new Big Wreck record and I decide to pop in too their website and guess what I find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQutS9Rxmg

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

I love it. It has everything that makes the band great. Full throttle from start to finish. I didn't really get into them until Grace Street honestly, but I've gone back and listened to the rest of their albums and they quickly shot to the top 5 of my favorite bands list. Insanely underrated.
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

BUK
White Knuckled

Post by BUK »

I LOVE to hear that!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

New big wreck single is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLMqzm9bq3w

This album will be a classic

BUK
White Knuckled

Post by BUK »

Brian was my friend. I met him 20 years ago. He graciously let me into his life during these last six years. As we “worked the program” over the phone sharing our experience, strength and hope, he and I touched on the wonderful essence of our sobriety and faith. Yes, we talked music and real life stuff, but the deep philosophical, spiritual explorations were our bread and butter. We’d talk for hours on end on managing our expectations, keeping life in perspective and always growing. While it was some serious stuff, he and I laughed a lot! He was such a wise-ass!

He was so sweet when my daughter passed away, he came to stay with Bet and I for a week! Just to be of service and comfort.
He really GOT the AA program. It wasn’t just a pose to not be a drinker anymore. He grew in maturity and connection to God. He was the one guy out of all the people I reached out to over these last 23 years that seemed to take recovery seriously and prosper. He was a tremendous success as witnessed by those that surrounded him through this crushing journey.

I LOVED our talks. I will miss them. I am so proud to be able to call him friend and privileged to be able to accompany him through this. He is in a better place. No more pain. No more struggle. Just pure joy, face to face with the creator and lover of his soul. I will see him again one day.
Love you Brian.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I'm saddened to hear Brian's passing. I'm grateful for he music he has offered.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

shit. I guess this is his last record.

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Post by Skywalker »

BUK wrote:Brian was my friend. I met him 20 years ago. He graciously let me into his life during these last six years. As we “worked the program” over the phone sharing our experience, strength and hope, he and I touched on the wonderful essence of our sobriety and faith. Yes, we talked music and real life stuff, but the deep philosophical, spiritual explorations were our bread and butter. We’d talk for hours on end on managing our expectations, keeping life in perspective and always growing. While it was some serious stuff, he and I laughed a lot! He was such a wise-ass!

He was so sweet when my daughter passed away, he came to stay with Bet and I for a week! Just to be of service and comfort.
He really GOT the AA program. It wasn’t just a pose to not be a drinker anymore. He grew in maturity and connection to God. He was the one guy out of all the people I reached out to over these last 23 years that seemed to take recovery seriously and prosper. He was a tremendous success as witnessed by those that surrounded him through this crushing journey.

I LOVED our talks. I will miss them. I am so proud to be able to call him friend and privileged to be able to accompany him through this. He is in a better place. No more pain. No more struggle. Just pure joy, face to face with the creator and lover of his soul. I will see him again one day.
Love you Brian.
This was a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing with everyone.
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

BUK
White Knuckled

Post by BUK »

Thanks Skywalker... gonna be weird moving forward.... gotta live though. I think he would approve.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Have they announced the release date for the new album? Also, are Big Wreck now a three-piece?