FUEL 2013 = Puppet Strings

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Tom
Jim's Brother

Re: FUEL 2013 = Puppet Strings

Post by Tom »

dude i love this album, some really really cool tracks on it, personal favourite is still Soul To Preach To though, i love the opening riff so much.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Nicee Tom. It has def grown on me for sure. Def a rocking album. That song is a fav of mine as well. Sometimes i never look forward to new music but this cd is really great.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Anyone else watch the video? What is it that people are gettig mad about? Can anyone explain to me in a way i can get it? lol. yup, dumb as a stump i am. lol. Something about all the chicks in bikinis? oy vey. Well, I love the video.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Any news on these guys? New record?

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I just got into this band, I really love everything I've heard so far. One thing I'm surprised no one hasn't pointed it before is the similarities between Fuel and Creed. Specifically how Carl and Brett have a similar chemistry to Mark and Stapp. Torn was written completely by Mark yet sung by Stapp. That's essentially Fuel's entire writing history (for the first four records). Carl's songwriting abilities reminds me so much of Mark, and even his demeanor can be compared. Just that cool stoic personality. On top of that, what most people commonly know as Fuel only lasted three albums before a severe change in lineup/sound, just like with Creed. If there were to be a hypothetical Creed reunion, I'd hope a newly reunited Fuel could open for them. Their first four albums are something I'd really recommend to someone who likes Creed or One Day Remains style Alter Bridge.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

I'm also surprised Stapp's never collaborated with Carl Bell. Stapp is at his best when he is bouncing ideas creatively off a talented guitarist and songwriter like Mark. Carl would be a perfect choice for a guitarist if Stapp were to ever give being in a band another shot.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

This bump for a sec had me believing that a new record was coming :(

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote:This bump for a sec had me believing that a new record was coming :(

Haha sorry man. If its any consolation, Brett has been working on the album here and there since 2016 and said he was finishing up writing this year for Fuel's 6th. I'm curious as to how its going to happen though considering Something Like Human hits its 20th anniversary next year.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Devil Inside You wrote:
nagpo wrote:This bump for a sec had me believing that a new record was coming :(

Haha sorry man. If its any consolation, Brett has been working on the album here and there since 2016 and said he was finishing up writing this year for Fuel's 6th. I'm curious as to how its going to happen though considering Something Like Human hits its 20th anniversary next year.
I was really hoping they'd reunite. When did brett say he was finishing writing? Haven't heard anything from him in a long, long time

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote:
Devil Inside You wrote:

I was really hoping they'd reunite. When did brett say he was finishing writing? Haven't heard anything from him in a long, long time

According to Facebook, he played a few shows in Texas recently. Speaking of the new album, he's been posting pics throughout the years of Fuel in the studio, and the most recent one was at the beginning of this year. It was him with an effects processor talking about "getting back to work" with what I'm hoping is for the rest of the new Fuel album. Shortly after that he wished Jeff Abercrombie and Carl Bell a happy birthday publicly. That shocked me cause apparently him and Carl Bell had a public fallout (on Facebook) in 2017. But hey, if Mark can entertain the idea of working with Stapp, than maybe it can happen with Fuel. I'm not entirely sure what the terms of their agreement are regarding the band but from what I understand Brett gets the rights to the name and any post 2010 album revenue, while Carl Bell receives the lion's share of loyalties from the first four records.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Interesting. I'll be watching this situation for the time being. thanks for the info

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

hard to believe anybody here is talking about this album.

I love Fuel. And I liked Puppet Strings. But the rest of that album was terrible.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i guess a new record is never coming out

Devil Inside You
Isolated

I mean never is a bit of an exaggeration. Brett played snippets of a new song on Facebook sometime back. It'll come out when it comes out. And I agree partially. Puppet Strings suffered because Brett lacked a strong guitarist to bounce ideas off of. Andy Anderssen is no Carl Bell, and it sounded more like a Brett solo album than a Fuel record. Considering World Fire Brigade's sole album sounds like a lost Fuel record I would say the only thing we need for quality Fuel in the future is just a better guitarist to write with Brett. I think Todd Whitener, the Deleo brothers, or Peter Klett could really bring back old school Fuel.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I've been a fan since Sunburn. Talked with Brett a couple of times over on the fuelies board. I need to give puppet strings another listen through. I remember liking 2-3 tracks pretty well.

Like the rest of y'all, I wish they'd do a proper reunion.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Just found out that Fuel is going to be playing a few blocks up the road from where I work on April 11 this year. Really hope to be able to go.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

VigilantSteve wrote:Just found out that Fuel is going to be playing a few blocks up the road from where I work on April 11 this year. Really hope to be able to go.
You should go! I feel like I don't have enough people in my life to talk Fuel with haha

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

tell us if they play any new material

Devil Inside You
Isolated

"I've been writing quite a bit lately, as you can imagine. Lots of time on my hands to do so. I'll be releasing some new songs sometime in the near future. Not sure if it will be released as FUEL or just as Brett Scallions. We shall see."

On reuniting with Carl Bell:
"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Unfortunately it’s just not going to happen. I’m so tired of trying to make that happen and am SO happy playing with the guys in the band now. Luckily, I still have a wonderful and loving friendship with Kevin and Jeff!"

I'm more excited for what he releases as Fuel assuming he's learned from Puppet Strings to keep his solo sound out of the band. Outside of Cold Summer and Soul To Preach To, the classic rock sound of Puppet Strings screamed Brett solo and sounded nothing like what Carl wrote. I would really love if he'd write an entire Fuel album with Robert and Dean Deleo

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

I love Wander, my favorite of Puppet Strings.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019