FUEL 2013 = Puppet Strings

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: FUEL 2013 = Puppet Strings

Post by nagpo »

Seems like according to his facebook he's going with the "#solo" route and not doing Fuel.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I noticed that too. What's strange is leading up to Brett starting his own personal page, was him making posts talking about old Fuel songs, a new album in work, and shutting down reunion rumors. Then all of a sudden Carl Bell starts posting on the Fuel page and Brett's old posts got deleted. Now he's putting a solo album together with the current Fuel lineup? Some legal issue must have come up. The snippets here and there of his solo album sound really good though. Ironically it sounds more like Fuel than Puppet Strings did.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Dude!!!! Brett's out of Fuel again! He just announced that he's been kicked out of Fuel on his Facebook page.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

what the hell... He doesn't even make clear what happened. Regardless, I'll continue to follow Scallions career. I like his stuff

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Devil Inside You wrote:Dude!!!! Brett's out of Fuel again! He just announced that he's been kicked out of Fuel on his Facebook page.
Well that sucks! Especially since I was supposed to see them back in April (obviously postponed due to COVID and I'm assuming completely cancelled at this point).

Devil Inside You
Isolated

God, I wish I knew where all those Fuel fans went. They used to have a very dedicated fanbase similar to Creed's. There's a lot of gaps I don't know how to fill with this band. As I understand it, Brett quit Fuel against Carl's wishes. Carl hires Toryn Green which essentially kills the band, and then Brett gets the rights to the name while Carl gets the royalties from his work. However, APPARENTLY, a lawsuit was involved at one point which they've kept under wraps which is how Brett got the Fuel name. I'm assuming that same lawsuit is the reason Brett isn't in Fuel now though. However, unless Carl is gonna get a new singer I don't see the point of them just killing the band like this. I wasn't crazy about Puppet Strings but I imagine Fuel was Brett's bread and butter. Seems like a real petty move to oust him like that.

Eerily enough this was released the day of Brett's announcement. Maybe this is Carl's second chance of getting a Chris Daughtry type for Fuel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNBHg42JRc

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I liked both Toryn and bells record and i liked puppet strings. But to be honest, at this point, I don't want fuel at all without both bell and scallions and it will never happen. A bell run fuel, judging off his solo works, would not be something im interested in. I don't want a new singer. Just let it be. To be honest it sounds like Carl is a scummy guy.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote:I liked both Toryn and bells record and i liked puppet strings. But to be honest, at this point, I don't want fuel at all without both bell and scallions and it will never happen. A bell run fuel, judging off his solo works, would not be something im interested in. I don't want a new singer. Just let it be. To be honest it sounds like Carl is a scummy guy.
I was actually about to say I hope this doesn't mean Toryn is coming back. Haha, I'm sure he's a nice guy but I've always hated his voice. To me its what rock music must sound like to people who hate rock. Carl Bell's solo album was a passion country project. I think the first four Fuel albums prove he really is Fuel's sound, but he needs the right singer to interpret his work. I've heard here and there that he's really controlling but its mainly hearsay. I remember on Carl's personal page, a bunch of fans were accusing Brett of stealing the name and capitalizing on Carl's writing. I don't stand one way or another, its just like the Tremonti vs. Stapp camp. So long as they're not being monsters, I'll always look at them as artists before people.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

The great thing about the stapp and tremonti thing is that neither of them continued as creed after they broke up.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote:The great thing about the stapp and tremonti thing is that neither of them continued as creed after they broke up.
That's true. Both seem to have a mutual respect for Creed in that regard. I know some people like to complain about Stapp playing Creed with his solo band, but that's miles away from appropriating the Creed name without Mark. As for Mark, he's never even tapped into Creed's sound since One Day Remains. Its given Creed a purity in some way

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Looks like Carl is gonna carry the Fuel name once more. He just made the new music soon announcement on the band's Facebook page.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

bah. lol what if he got stapp to be the singer lmao

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote:bah. lol what if he got stapp to be the singer lmao
That would be amazing honestly. Carl Bell could give him amazing songs to sing. Stapp and Brett Scallions are more in line vocally. I'd love to see him sing Hemorrhage. After Art of Anarchy, I don't think Stapp will ever join another band outside of Creed though. Especially in the case of Fuel when they were contemporaries as opposed to an influence. Plus there's Carl Bell. I love the guy, but I can already see him and Stapp butting heads over creative control.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote:bah. lol what if he got stapp to be the singer lmao
For what its worth, I'm following the Fuel situation as close as I can. A fan on one of the teaser videos claimed that Stapp is the new singer. While it may seem baseless, Stapp and Carl Bell both live in Nashville Tennessee and Stapp recently announced he was in the studio with Marti Fredericksen(?) who also collaborated with Bell on one song for Fuel's fourth album. Rumors of it being the cover band singer Kevin Miller plays with have also been disputed.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

lol no way. I was joking. Stapp can't sing brett's and toryn's high notes. and the last time stapp worked as a hired singer he got sued. this would be weird af

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote:lol no way. I was joking. Stapp can't sing brett's and toryn's high notes. and the last time stapp worked as a hired singer he got sued. this would be weird af
You think so? I can actually see him emulating Brett pretty well. At least better than Toryn. Carl Bell actually had to play in a lower tune to match Toryn's voice since it was so different from Brett's. I can actually see him really matching Fuel, especially after this. In all seriousness though its most likely an unknown haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsxkPfWMV_Q&t=212s

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I wouldn't even want stapp to be part of fuel. it would just lead to more people hating him (the brett fans). And to be honest, it wouldn't be a long time thing. We all know as soon as stapp gets that call from tremonti, he's dropping whatever he's doing and going back to creed. As a fan of stapps prior solo record, I'm much more interested to see how his solo sound and career progresses. I would rather carl just get toryn back because we're at least already familiar with his voice in the context of fuel.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

btw on the fule wikipedia it says this under surrent band members

Current members

Carl Bell – lead guitar, backing vocals (1989–2010), rhythm guitar (2006–2010, 2020-present)
Kevin Miller – drums (1998–2004, 2020-present)
TBA – lead vocals, rhythm guitar (2020-present)

I don't know who edited that in the page, but the addition of rhythm guitar seems oddly specific. As if they already have a singer and know he can play guitar. Now, stapp can kinda play guitar but not to the point where I would put him on a stage and sing at the same time.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

I also missed the #4 hashtag on that pic of him with Marti Frederiksen. Looks like another solo album. Which will be cool too. He's finally taking his solo career seriously enough to continue expanding upon it. Eh I wouldn't say that. Maybe a few Brett fans, but Creed and Fuel, generally speaking, have the same fanbase. I made the suggestion of Stapp being the new singer on the Fuelies Facebook page and almost everyone was stoked at the idea. I just really want him and Carl Bell to write haha but yeah its most likely an unknown.

Its awesome that most fans are also hoping for Toryn to come back. I can't stand his voice for some reason. It always struck me as what rock must sound like to people who hate rock.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

So basically if you have kept track of the fuel facebook page, it seems that fuel is now a carl bell vanity project. The banner of the page is literally just him and no other bandmates.

He's been re-releasing old records on vinyl, which I presume he's doing to fund the next record.

In regards to that, he uploaded a video of some preliminary music with this text: "IT'S OFFICIAL!! NEW FUEL MUSIC COMING SOON! FOLLOW us here for updates! Working the other night. Looking for loops to add to the drum groove can be intensely laborious, but when you get it right, it can be glorious! Looking forward to you all seeing and hearing new music soon. Somebody get this pandemic outta here!"

I have to say the drums don't really sound good and neither does the guitar. It sounded kind of generic to me.

What's interesting is that just 2 weeks ago Brett Scallions revealed he's also doing the drums on his next record. He also played some audio and the drums had a better sound to them in my opinion. They sounded less "fruity loops", if you know what I mean.

Brett has shown his band mates and also says his next project is on it's way.

Looks like there is quite a rivalry here and I'm more interested in what Scallions has to put out, considering his description of the work.