FUEL 2013 = Puppet Strings

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

FUEL 2013 = Puppet Strings

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Hey There, I could have sworn i made a Fuel thread a while back. I scanned but couldn't find so forgive me if i missed it.
Just wanted to come by real quick and tell everyone not to forget to check out the new upcoming Fuel CD working title "Puppet strings". Ben Grosse is mixng the new cd as we speak. He also mixed and produced Fuels cd "Something like human" As well as many other fantastic artists. He is an amazing producer. The cd is being mixed as i said and first single should be out by x-mas. Make sure to check them out if you love Fuel. :peace
Last edited by ~Fallen Angel~ on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim
Blood Machines

Re: FUEL 2103 = Puppetstrings

Post by Jim »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Re: FUEL 2013 = Puppet Strings

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Nice. It's so cool to see people actually getting excited over new music again! I had to edit , heheeheee did you notice? I put 2103! hehehe that's a long ass ways away! hahha i fixed it!

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Just wanted to add real quick. I love the new design of the site and board. I thought i was at the wrong place for a minute. Nice job. :yes

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Fuel was my favorite band growing up. My singing voice even started to sound like Brett's in a way because I listened so much.
I've been waiting for this for awhile. Can't wait.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

That's awesome, Angel. Something Like Human was my favorite album of last decade after Blackbird. Glad to see Brett making new music. Headache sounds good. I used to frequent the Fuelies board quite a bit, but I have lost my password.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Well hey drew, all you would need to do is do a forgot password thing. hehee. the link is right there in my sig if ya feel like coming over. Brett is giving us updates weekly there. :D

That's awesome josh. i bet you sounded good too! :rockon

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

I was a proud member of Fuelies.net back in the day and funny enough I've been listening to the older stuff lately. Looking forward to seeing what Brett has to offer as primary songwriter.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Keep in mind this isn't actually Fuel :lol it's Brett with 3 other guys unless I'm mistaken. I'll have a listen to it but I just wish they would reunite or leave it be.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

What is Carl Bell up to these days?

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Meh, it's fine if that's how you feel.
It's fuel. Fuel better than ever.
Why do bands always have to riunite?
People cried like hell for creed to reunite and when they did they still were'nt happy. lmao.

We all know there is no Fuel with out BS. BS is Fuel.
Brett has come a long way to where they are today.
This Fuel has been together for a few years now and i have seen them several times now.
Bretts voice is what drew me in so that's where i stand .
The whole angel and devils things was a waste of time. Like a fuel coverband. LOL
A quote from Brett below. getting dif members here and there is one thing but there is just no replacing original singers in bands. It just doesn't work. Not for me anyway.
I'm so excited to see what he brings. I already have a couple of the new songs and they rock.
I'm just happy to still have Fuel in my life.
To julio, Carl is producing now. Something he loves to do.

"There is only one original of anything" exclaims Scallions, "and that includes Fuel. The original lineup with Carl, Jeff, Jody and myself will always be something special to all of us, and our first Fuelies (a term for Fuel fans) but it has been thirteen years since the original lineup was intact, and since then many great musicians have come and gone. The lineup I put together for Fuel is not meant to replace or diminish what any of the original members created. Just the opposite, it is to give our fans a live destination, and to keep the Fuel name alive for a new generation to discover. Maybe someday we'll all get on the same page and play together again, but life happens and the next thing you know you just can't jump on a bus and take off for a month, let alone a year.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I thought Kevin and Jeff were back too..........???

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Nahhh, we tried getting kev back in just when shannon joined but didn't happen. For a while it was Brett, jeff, yogi and ken for re-fueled tour but i just couldn't get into it. Bretts voice was still pretty strained after surgery. He sounds better than ever now however ... a lot of practice. Jeff owns his own production company as well.
They just didn't want to tour anymore as to where it's bretts livlihood and passion.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

~Fallen Angel~ wrote: We all know there is no Fuel with out BS. BS is Fuel.
That's one hell of a stretch.

I'm looking forward to this out of curiosity, and I didn't mind ANGELS & DEVILS, but completely disregarding the primary songwriter of the band just because he isn't the poster boy is a little shortsighted. Scallions is the sound of the band, sure, but not the band itself.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

devv88 wrote:
~Fallen Angel~ wrote: We all know there is no Fuel with out BS. BS is Fuel.
That's one hell of a stretch.

I'm looking forward to this out of curiosity, and I didn't mind ANGELS & DEVILS, but completely disregarding the primary songwriter of the band just because he isn't the poster boy is a little shortsighted. Scallions is the sound of the band, sure, but not the band itself.
Not a stretch at all. So, would creed have been creed without stapp? Is metalica metalica without james? Guns and roses without axl? I could go on.... If myles left AB and they got a dif singer would you still listen to them?
Fuel would not have been Fuel without him. I mean, let's be honest here.
Angels and devils was horrid imo. The guy went around saying he was the "frontman" for fuel.
And carl was not the "primary" song writer... brett wrote and produced as well. And he also did all the melody. Not to take away from carl but being a fan from their very first tour i am still a fuelie.
I love carl but Brett is who kept the band together. :wave

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I liked Angels And Devils, but yeah, I missed Brett. I too wish he'd reunite with Carl, but I'm excited for new music AND the band to continue. I had the chance to see them last year in Jefferson City, but couldn't go due to scheduling. Been cursing myself since.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Love Fuel. I've listened to Natural Selection and Something Like Human about 500 times.
:yeahthat

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

There is no Fuel without Carl either. The pairing of Brett & Carl were what made the band so special.. much like Mark/Stapp in Creed.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

JaredWard wrote:There is no Fuel without Carl either. The pairing of Brett & Carl were what made the band so special.. much like Mark/Stapp in Creed.
Exactly. Calling Scallions the thing that made Fuel what they were is as shortsighted as saying the same thing for Bell. They're a team.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Whatever you say guys.....bretts voice is what draws people in. Was for me anyway. Carl is missed but brett is the voice and the one that decided to keep the fuel name and the fuel legacy going. I'm fine with carl being out of the picture. Brett was always the one with the most passion. The man never stops.