Soundgarden and Chris Cornell

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Soundgarden and Chris Cornell

Post by nagpo »

MidnightToker wrote:
nagpo wrote:Unfortunately the new Cornell collection doesn't seem to include the track he and Myles worked on together.
What's this you speak of? Source for that info?
well there is only 1 unreleased, recorded track. The rest are just live recordings. I don't think the one released had myles on it

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Yeah, but I'm wondering where you heard that Cornell and Myles ever worked together. I like to think I follow things pretty closely and I've never heard about that. Didn't Cornell's wife used to manage Myles in M4F? I think I heard that, but not that they worked on a song together. That would be really cool if they did.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i think myles mentioned it in an interview. chris had hired him to work on a song for his wife. the two talked about myles' van that mf4 toured in and how it might be worth something one day. the interview is video.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

nagpo wrote:i think myles mentioned it in an interview. chris had hired him to work on a song for his wife. the two talked about myles' van that mf4 toured in and how it might be worth something one day. the interview is video.
Wow, I'd love to see that interview if anyone can remember roughly when it was. I hadn't heard about that. Really cool.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

nevermind, doesn't seem that they recorded, just performed. on the video in the last page

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Ah I see. I do remember that interview now that I watched it again. It would have been great if they actually recorded something

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Post by Skywalker »

Such a tragedy. RIP to Chris, obviously. I was fortunate enough to see him do a full-on electric solo show back in 2007, and then I saw the more recent Temple of the Dog show. (Both shows in San Francisco.) I'll always regret not seeing Soundgarden. I had tickets to Soundgarden, but prior to them going on sale, I had previously booked something extremely important that ended up falling on the same day. So I couldn't see SG. I had planned to see them in the future, but...

Badmotorfinger will always be my favorite Cornell-fronted album, with Temple of the Dog being second. Really looking forward to the new live Soundgarden record coming out later this month.
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: RIP, Chris. <3

Post by Inconquerable »

Skywalker wrote:Such a tragedy. RIP to Chris, obviously. I was fortunate enough to see him do a full-on electric solo show back in 2007, and then I saw the more recent Temple of the Dog show. (Both shows in San Francisco.) I'll always regret not seeing Soundgarden. I had tickets to Soundgarden, but prior to them going on sale, I had previously booked something extremely important that ended up falling on the same day. So I couldn't see SG. I had planned to see them in the future, but...

Badmotorfinger will always be my favorite Cornell-fronted album, with Temple of the Dog being second. Really looking forward to the new live Soundgarden record coming out later this month.
Just curious, what did you think of the live album? I wasn't really a big fan of it. I love Soundgarden, and the setlist was phenomenal, but something seemed off. Would love to know if you got the same impression.

Chris' suicide still hurts me. Listening to his music has helped a little bit but man, this was a big shock to my system.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: <3

Post by Inconquerable »

Just dropping this beautiful gem of a song. Part of me wishes it had been released on something, but this version is perfect.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Too much to handle in the morning. <3

Post by Inconquerable »

Did expect/wasn't ready for this today.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Such a fantastic rendition of Patience

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Bridge of Outshined reminds me the of the bridge of Live for Today by 3 Doors Down.