Rush

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: Rush

Post by One Drew Remains »

I really need to listen to these guys more. I know all of the radio songs. I know there is plenty of proggy goodness that I have yet to unearth in their catalogue.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, what non-radio songs do you know? I say you should check out some of their live dvds. As for albums, I hear that anywhere between 2112 and Moving Pictures or Signals is pretty good for all of that prog. galore

Rush in Rio is probably my favorite. Geddy's voice was still pretty crisp, the Brazilian crowd was very energetic, especially during Tom Sawyer, and Dan Catullo was the director for it, I believe. My favorite songs from that dvd was probably The Pass or La Villa Strangiato or Resist.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Yeah man. Watch 'Rush In Rio' or start with 'A Farewell To Kings' for their height of proggy goodness.

'Rush In Rio' is by far my favourite concert DVD. It's got a real raw sound, as if you were there at the concert. Geddy's voice is great and his bass sounds mean as hell, like it's angry or something. The Brazilian crowd is mental as well. You can hear them singing along to YYZ..... an instrumental!!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Thanks guys. I'll check out Rush In Rio on friday. I should have the day off. And yes, those south americans are crazy. I watch tons of Megadeth youtubes, and listen to them sing the guitar melodies back at the band. It's amazing. Here to hoping AB plays there soon.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

GUYS!!!! There's a sneak preview live stream of the DVD!!!!!! It is being played until 12 PM EST tomorrow. Here's the songs that are being played continuously during this stream: “Grand Designs,” “Middletown Dreams,” “Territories,” “The Body Electric,” “Red Sector A” and “The Wreckers,”.

http://news.radio.com/show/rush-clockwo ... -tour-dvd/

It is actually a good thing. I actually don't know like three of these songs and I'm not that fond with Red Sector A or the Wreckers.

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! The stream is frozen, atm.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ahhhhh, the joys of buying something music-related.

I got the DVD. It comes with a Rush T-Shirt, as well, and I could always use more shirts. I'm going to watch it whenever I have free time to invest watching about three hours of content straight, which is not happening anytime soon.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I just finished watching the show. It's a great show, I'll put more details about it in the rate the last album thread.

Edit: It's up.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

This song had Lee on vocals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXkT54U6ZmI

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Wow. This thread got a bump from the dead, eh? Since posting almost 3 years ago, i have gotten into 2112 and moving pictures quite a bit. Also learned how to play the intro of working man on guitar. love me some rush.
Altered:

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Uhhh. It is with great travesty to state that Neil Peart has passed away. I don't think I can get through the rest of my work day and the weekend without setting some tears. The drummer, the last guy in to solidify one of the longest lasting line-ups of a band in history, the lyricist, the guy that went through tragedy losing a family and ending up persevering through life and forming another, and retiring in 2015 on his own terms.

It's a great shame that I will never get to see him and Rush live. Their final show ever was in 2015 at the Inglewood Forum and that looks to be a hell of a setlist covering stuff ranging from 1974-2012. Didn't go to that show since tickets were expensive being the final show ever and that I was already committed seeing the Foo Fighters the month later and didn't have a thought to convince my sister to go as I didn't have a job at the time and I was slowly overcoming my anxiety of driving freeways in long periods of time. I will greatly regret never seeing that show now. RIP Neil.

https://loudwire.com/rush-neil-peart-dead-67/

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/201 ... 664f8.html

I guess I will add one more thing, since this band seems to have the right lyrics for something like this.

Farewell
Godspeed
And goodbye
You have lived
And you have changed
All our lives

Cast away
Our regrets and all our fears
Just like
Like you did when you were here

And then the days
They ran out
And then the days
They ran out

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

This news shook me a little bit. Even though I was never a Rush fanatic per se, Neil's drumming always stood out to me, and it's always a bit of a shock when the genre loses one of its legends. RIP