FOO FIGHTERS!

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: FOO FIGHTERS!

Post by anguyen92 »

I just hope they shed some light over Dave screaming "I Am A River" for half the song. Is that like a New York thing to do?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I haven't seen the episode yet but I really like Subterranean. It's got this great atmosphere and some beautiful melodies.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The Seatle episode was sooo good. Definitely the most emotional one so far, but there was so much uplifting stuff in there as well, like Dave listening to his old demos..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Not the Kids of America one though.

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote:The Seatle episode was sooo good. Definitely the most emotional one so far, but there was so much uplifting stuff in there as well, like Dave listening to his old demos..
Hahaha forgot about the demos! The "Kids of America" cover over the credits was hilarious. There were a couple of riffs in there I'd like to hear more of.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Aaron »

the Hooker song was awesome!
[youtube]http://youtu.be/k2H4AgCmmFo[/youtube]

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ok. More shows at LA and Anaheim has been announced with the pre-sale going on in two hours. My sister could not get tickets for me, yesterday. Hopefully, today is a different story.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: WHY DIDN'T I GET TICKETS?!!? :slam

Post by zazthespaz »

Dave is going to be on The Daily Show tonight - should be fun to watch!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

Well, that wouldn't exactly be hard, considering there's only 8 songs on the whole album. :)

I like it. I think they did well. Though I think they possibly over-sold the concept a little bit with the TV show and all that, but, never mind. It's still a crackin' album!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Cool. They played I Am A River on The Tonight Show with an actual orchestra coming in at the end. Sounded good.

http://loudwire.com/foo-fighters-i-am-a ... ight-show/

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Y'all are nuts. The ending of "I Am A River" is perfect. Didn't go on a moment too long.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Christian Bale impersonating Dave Grohl

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, a few days back, Foo Fighters announced that they would be celebrating Dave Grohl's upcoming Birthday with a show, today, at the LA Forum (I didn't want to go, because I was already committed to see them at the Forum in September, and I've hassled my family enough to get tickets). The theme of the show was called "Dave Grohl's Super F'en Rad Rock and Roll Club."

From what I've seen on the setlists, they had a lot of guest musicians come out and play some covers. The one guest of interest was Slash coming out and play Queen's Tie Your Mother Down and Zeppelin's Immigrant Song (presumably with Hawkins on vocals, since he's probably the only one in the group that comes close to nailing Zeppelin vocals).

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fight ... ab724.html

Looked to be a fun night there. Too bad, I didn't want to go, but I'll just be glad that I will see them in September and hope that they keep the covers to a minimum (2-3 songs) and really go the distance with their hits, the new album, and, hopefully, some rarely played songs.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/jHMsO-5VRqY[/youtube]

Jack Black on vocals! I loved the part where he bit the balloon at the end of the video :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Saw this today and thought you guys would like it. They performed live in Chile on Thursday and they decided to go with the crowd. Kinda cool, since after watching a documentary, I think this kind of spontaneous song birth stuff of "fuck it, let's try it" that Dave loves.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/FwoI2luPN1k[/youtube]

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, Late Show host David Letterman had his final show yesterday and his final musical guest was, without a doubt, Foo Fighters playing his favorite song from them, Everlong and while they played it, the camera did not show them, but it showed clips that highlighted Letterman's 30+ years with The Late Show and it was well-paced with the song.

It's a good watch and pretty fitting. Letterman has done a lot for Foo Fighters and got them to perform on the show probably at least once during their 8 album cycles and it is apparent that the band means a lot to Letterman since he wanted them to be the 1st musical guest when he came back to the show after going through heart surgery in 2000 and wanted them to play Everlong (at the expense of Foo Fighters cancelling a South America tour, which probably pissed off tens of thousands of South American fans).

Anywho, here's the video.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/yrVjOUIoo6Q[/youtube]

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

If anyone knows of any tickets on sale for a non-extortionate price for Wembley 20th June gig then give me a holler!
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

Harry©
Bought The CDs

Post by Harry© »

i opened my bathroom Window a week or two ago and the heard ,very clearly, The Foofighters playing Monkey Wrench outside my house.
Yeah, happens a lot in Norwich.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Going to see them next week. Can't wait!
Last time was in 2012. Played 2,5 hours straight.

Was actually going to see them in June, but the show before my show Dave broke his leg..