FOO FIGHTERS!

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

FOO FIGHTERS!

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

For all the Foo Fighters fans on here. Latest record "Wasting Light" was released in April of 2011 and won four of the five Grammys it was nominated for. A world tour followed the album release and now they are taking a break from touring while Dave Grohl directs a documentary about Sound City Studios.
Any Foos fans on here? And maybe tell us your favorite song and album. My favorite song is "My Hero" and my favorite album is "Wasting Light."

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Re: FOO FIGHTERS!

Post by CreedFeed »

I'm going to see the Foo next week @ Summerfest in Milwaukee, WI :) Can't wait... I've never seen them live before!!
-Steve
CreedFeed - Feeding Your Need For Creed!
QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection!

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Wasting Light is incredible. Est of You is still my favorite song, though.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

It took too long for this thread to be made. Foos are some of the last American rock heroes out there. They're topping the charts, selling out arenas and stadiums, revered by pop fans, grunge fans, modern rock fans, hipsters, etc., recording on analog in the days of overproduced autotune protools flimflam and released their best album seventeen years after they started. Hats off to Dave & Co.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Love me some Foos.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

NytestrykerZ wrote:It took too long for this thread to be made. Foos are some of the last American rock heroes out there. They're topping the charts, selling out arenas and stadiums, revered by pop fans, grunge fans, modern rock fans, hipsters, etc., recording on analog in the days of overproduced autotune protools flimflam and released their best album seventeen years after they started. Hats off to Dave & Co.
QFT
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I used to not like them at all, mainly because I didn't like Dave's yelling voice, but they've grown on me tremendously over the last year or two. Wasting Light is awesome.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

foo fighters are no doubt a top 5 band

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

NytestrykerZ wrote:It took too long for this thread to be made. Foos are some of the last American rock heroes out there. They're topping the charts, selling out arenas and stadiums, revered by pop fans, grunge fans, modern rock fans, hipsters, etc., recording on analog in the days of overproduced autotune protools flimflam and released their best album seventeen years after they started. Hats off to Dave & Co.
So true!! Especially the "last of the heroes" part. I don't follow a whole lot of modern bands anymore, but Foos are definitely one of them. I love how they've been able to do generally the same style of music for 17 years and they just get better and better and better at it. I'm not sure if I can think of any other bands that have been able to do that. Dave Grohl is amazing.

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

Foo Fighters show last night in Milwaukee @ Summerfest was awesome! Setlist:

-Steve

Circles
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Circles »

definitely not revered by hipsters
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOSH NEW BOARD

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

On the cover of NME enough.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

PREFER MY BIFF
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Foo Fighters are ok. I liked a couple of their songs like My Hero, and Learning To Fly. I have their newest CD, and I like Arlandria, but I think that was the only track that stuck on me.

Back in the day though they did a cover of Pink Floyd's Have A Cigar that I thought was great... well the vocals aren't great, but the band is just fantastic that is really what i think.... :D Great to see Dave tear it up on drums again.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/d7G4MxmEQ90[/youtube]

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

Been a Foo fan for quite a while. Saw them for the third time last October, and as usual they didn't disappoint.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

snowman wrote:Been a Foo fan for quite a while. Saw them for the third time last October, and as usual they didn't disappoint.
I've heard great things about their concerts. Seems like Grohl just wants to put on a memorable show and have a good time. I would like to see them one day.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

foo fighters are really a genuine band. i really like the songs, how good they make me feel, and everything else. just a fun band to listen too, and a really easy band to like

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

abw1987 wrote:
snowman wrote:Been a Foo fan for quite a while. Saw them for the third time last October, and as usual they didn't disappoint.
I've heard great things about their concerts. Seems like Grohl just wants to put on a memorable show and have a good time. I would like to see them one day.
On top of putting on a great show...Dave can hold his own with the comedy routine he usually ends up with in between songs. The crowd is head banging one minute, and laughing hysterically the next.

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

They busted into a Police cover this past show at one point... Message in a Bottle! And then Dave was joking about not coming to Milwaukee in a long time. You're right, he is pretty funny when he's chatting with the crowd between songs!
-Steve

Fletch
Loyal Follower

Post by Fletch »

lush Grohly baby :D