MUSE

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: MUSE

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Still cant get that guitar part from The Handler out of my head. Been playing it in my mind all day! Is that actually a solo or just like a pattern of some sort?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Not really a solo. Just an interlude. Not sure what to call it. I always thought that part sounded like the In Our World riff (old B-side).

[youtube]http://youtu.be/lqmTQnW01qc[/youtube]
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

Moar albums like Absolution pls. kthxbai

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Absolution and Origin Of Symmetry. Their only two albums that were amazing from start to finish.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I found out that Muse is going to be playing at the closing ceremony at Blizzcon (a video game convention from Blizzard Entertainment, the guys that made Starcraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and Hearthstone). A lot of known bands have played at Blizzcon actually. Foo Fighters, Metallica, Blink 182, Linkin Park, Weird Al, Tenacious D, etc.

Anyway, the only way to watch it is to be at the convention or buy a Blizzcon virtual ticket (it's their live stream that lets you get access to a lot of panels and competitions and stuff). I bought a Blizzcon virtual ticket because I wanted an WoW mount that is only accessible by buying the ticket. The fact that Muse is going to be playing a show there makes the value of the ticket much more golden to me. I'm excited.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Hype!

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Yikes, just realised I missed the entire last album cycle from them without noticing. Did I miss anything?

Liked the new track a lot though!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Yeah, that track is pretty banging and fits right into the current trend of blending electronics with heavy stuff.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ubik wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:04 pm Yikes, just realised I missed the entire last album cycle from them without noticing. Did I miss anything?

Liked the new track a lot though!
The last album was mostly Muse trying to chase the 80's synthwave (think TRON) hype, half a decade too late.

There were two songs released a good year before the album was released, which were both atrocious, didn't fit the vibe of the album and felt like afterpains of the Drones cycle (not so subtle reminder that I really, REALLY dislike that album :D).

But I think it's worth a listen, if you're interested in Muse. It's less guitar driven than their other work, but it's way better than its predecessor. The goods are really good, but the bads (including those two pre-released songs) are really bad.

I think Algorithm, The Dark Side and The Void were really dedicated to sticking to that synthwave sound, and were amongst the best of the album. Of course, because this is Muse and they have the attention span of three goldfishes, there were a bunch of different sounds and styles throughout the album, and it just didn't really deliver on its original premise. Break It To Me and Propaganda are quite good though.
The "Alternate Reality" bonus section was pretty cool as well, especially the atmospherical, more theatrical version of The Dark Side.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Yeah, that new song is pretty damn great!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Bit worried about the album after this one. It's back to the 80's, like last album, which makes me feel it's going to be another directionless album. And I really think they got it right with Won't Stand Down.

The song itself is pretty cool though. As far as Muse pop songs go, it's one of the better ones from the last few albums. And those bass lines are pretty ridiculous. Love those. I think there were some moments where they could've incorporated some heavier guitars, but oh well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

:(
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

And just like that they debut a banger from the new album on Rock Am Ring. Why can't they just stick to this sound or at least this quality of writing? I understand they want to do well on the radio, but if they'd just focus on doing what they do best...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs